watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tomorrow’s game will be our first ever VAR match

Started by fulhamben, January 25, 2020, 02:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

And in true fulhamish fashion you just know that there will be some controversial var decision that will cost us the game. It's the one thing I'm most not looking forward to should we achieve promotion this season.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on January 25, 2020, 02:44:10 PM
And in true fulhamish fashion you just know that there will be some controversial var decision that will cost us the game. It's the one thing I'm most not looking forward to should we achieve promotion this season.

Have to agree with you Ben. I'm not against VAR per se, but I hate the way it's implemented. For me it should be a tool for the on pitch ref to satisfy himself regarding tight decisions. Quick Check, sorted, move on.  I detest the use of a remote panel somewhere near Heathrow. They are totally detached from the supporters, take too long and utterly fail in the communication of their, often questionable, decisions.

Woolly Mammoth

Knowing Fulham's luck it is bound to come up during the game that will be crucial to the result. The way VAR is implemented is a farce and a wort on the nose of world football.
VAR is just another self inflicted own goal, and another nail in the coffin of Association Football as we know it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

flyingfish

We had pitch side  var in the league cup against Exeter city last year. The ref never used it but it was a var match.

fulhamben

Quote from: flyingfish on January 25, 2020, 05:04:50 PM
We had pitch side  var in the league cup against Exeter city last year. The ref never used it but it was a var match.
well that's just ruined this whole thread 😂
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

H4usuallysitting

Somehow, I don't know how - A VAR decision tomorrow - will somehow help Liverpool

grandad

The VAR position on offside is really at the heart of the dislike of the system. Where it is seen that a players little finger is in an offside situation is a complete farce. Any part of the hand or arm are the only parts of the body from which a goal can´t be scored. Why is it deemed to be offside if it can´t be used.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

All of Citeh's 5 first half goals are going to be ruled out by Var,then we win it with last kick penalty given by Var... :wow: :yay:

flyingfish

Quote from: grandad on January 25, 2020, 05:40:16 PM
The VAR position on offside is really at the heart of the dislike of the system. Where it is seen that a players little finger is in an offside situation is a complete farce. Any part of the hand or arm are the only parts of the body from which a goal can´t be scored. Why is it deemed to be offside if it can´t be used.

It's not. All the measurements have been from parts of the body from which you can score (not arms and hands)

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2020, 05:43:07 PM
All of Citeh's 5 first half goals are going to be ruled out by Var,then we win it with last kick penalty given by Var... :wow: :yay:

Knowing their luck with VAR

filham

Quote from: flyingfish on January 25, 2020, 05:58:09 PM

It's not. All the measurements have been from parts of the body from which you can score (not arms and hands)
The size of a strikers nose could become an important stat. and could detract a million or so from his transfer fee.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2020, 05:43:07 PM

Bang on
That's how I see it.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on January 25, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

The size of a strikers nose could become an important stat. and could detract a million or so from his transfer fee.
Blimey have any of our players got a big Beak.

Never forget your Roots.

flyingfish

'Luis Suarez your teeth are offside' might actually become a thing

Woolly Mammoth

What about if their wallet is in an offside position ?

Never forget your Roots.