more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy birthday Mo Al Fayed

Started by f321ffc, January 27, 2020, 09:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: alfie on January 28, 2020, 10:47:36 AM
I remember promotion club dinner at Harrods, everything was free, so at the bar my wife wanted a particular Brandy, the barman said all drinks were free but not that brand, my wife said she would happily pay, the barman was not having it, Mr MAF turned round and told the barman to give her what she wanted with no charge, so he poured a glass And MAF said no not a glass give her the bottle.

I love that story.

Twig

Just wanted to add my well wishes to Mr Fayed.  Always a Fulham legend.

Statto

Quote from: bog on January 28, 2020, 07:32:50 AM
Happy Birthday Mo. I will never forget checking ceefax and reading 'Al Fayed takes over Fulham. More to follow....' There certainly was...

I'll forever associate those first few months with Ceefax. So much truly wonderous transfer news broken on there, which was my primary source of football gossip back then. First it was Steve Hayward for £300k, a ridiculous amount for us at the time! Then Peschisolido for £1m!! Then Sasa Curcic rumoured for another £1m IIRC although obviously that one didn't happen... Then Coleman for £2m!!!

And in the middle of all that Keegan's appointment breaking in the evening newspapers whilst we were at Molineaux one night.

Proper fairytale stuff.

fulhamfan

Need a statue of him waving his massive scarf

bill taylors apprentice

Happy Birthday!
He was a fantastic owner!

Penfold

On the whole, a great owner. Would not have had Premier League football without him. There was hardly a queue of filthy rich people down Stevenage Road looking to throw money at Fulham in 1997.

Yes, there's things that didn't please everyone all the time but that tends to be football.

Have read some fairly harsh comments since he sold but can't remember a clamour for him to sell up.

He's massively in credit overall for what Fulham achieved.