watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy birthday Mo Al Fayed

Started by f321ffc, January 27, 2020, 09:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Where would our club be now without him, 91 today.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

howitis

We probably wouldn't have one - certainly not at CC.
An absolute hero for any Fulham fan and his tenure probably yielded some of my happiest times as a Fulham fan. The early Tigana period was pure joy ...

Andy S

Absolutely. And the longer we continue to sing his song at the Cottage the better

The Rational Fan

Ask some of the fans from teams that finished ahead of us, the season before he took over, like Wrexham, Chesterfield and York City.

filham

Been following Fulham since about 1949 and while the Haynes era was magnificent the MAF years really has to go down as the best, especially remembering what preceded it.
Happy Birthday MAF and thank you for all the joy you provided for us Fulham fans.

west kowloon white

Endorse all of that. Happy birthday and thank you.

ALG01

He knew how to run a business appropriately with the sole view of getting success. He did not employ amateurs and when things were going wrong he dealt with it.

Great fun loved his time with us...european final, unbelievable.

Fulham76

Quote from: howitis on January 27, 2020, 11:49:28 AM
We probably wouldn't have one - certainly not at CC.
An absolute hero for any Fulham fan and his tenure probably yielded some of my happiest times as a Fulham fan. The early Tigana period was pure joy ...

0001.jpeg

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Happy Birthday Mo
I'm staggered by the few people on here who have not responded.
I remember the response you got, at home to Crystal Palace I think and how
your affection to us was obvious.
Shame you had to sell, but I know your decisions for the Khans was suitable
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Steeeeeeeeeed

Would love to hear his thoughts on Prince Andrew and Harry n Meghan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks for the Great Times Mo, Happy Birthday, and only 9 more till you get that letter from Old Liz Xx

The Enclosurite

Just think it's a real shame that we never got to say a proper goodbye and thank you. Would love to have seen him make one more lap of the pitch waving his giant scarf.ย  049:gif
ยกCOYW!

bog

Happy Birthday Mo. I will never forget checking ceefax and reading 'Al Fayed takes over Fulham. More to follow....' There certainly was...

FFCFOREVER

The man is an out and out legend of FFC. Happy birthday MAF. 081.gif

Buffalo76

f321ffc

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on January 28, 2020, 03:24:06 AM
Would love to hear his thoughts on Prince Andrew and Harry n Meghan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks for the Great Times Mo, Happy Birthday, and only 9 more till you get that letter from Old Liz Xx
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

General

Quote from: bog on January 28, 2020, 07:32:50 AM
Happy Birthday Mo. I will never forget checking ceefax and reading 'Al Fayed takes over Fulham. More to follow....' There certainly was...

I remember seeing him on the BBC news riding around craven cottage in a horse drawn carriage before being interviewed. I've supported the club ever since. Great years watching Hayles, horsefield et al and keegan etc take on the leagues. Whilst people at the time we were in the premier league got frustrated with his lack of significant squad investment he definitely put the effort into getting decisions right most of the time. Lawrie sanchez was horrendous but it was fitting to get Roy Hodgson in and get to the Europa League final in his tenure. Loved the scarf waving semi circuit of the ground and the random Michael Jackson walk around.

alfie

I remember promotion club dinner at Harrods, everything was free, so at the bar my wife wanted a particular Brandy, the barman said all drinks were free but not that brand, my wife said she would happily pay, the barman was not having it, Mr MAF turned round and told the barman to give her what she wanted with no charge, so he poured a glass And MAF said no not a glass give her the bottle.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

The man that made us turn from good humoured but always struggling for scraps into good humoured but always struggling at a the big table with the grown ups. A mad and happy time after years of sadness.ย  ย 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Dr Quinzel

My first season at Fulham was the one before Al Fayed took over. Until the Khan's I knew no other owner, and only now do I realise how lucky I was in that aspect. Not perfect by any means, sure, but overall he did so, so much for this club.