watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can anyone give any insight to Fulham PL2 & U18's Players

Started by howitis, January 27, 2020, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Thought it was interesting that in the last couple of weeks Stansfield and Jasper from the U18's have featured for the first team but very little supporting cast from our PL2 squad.

In terms of strikers, has Stansfield already jumped ahead of Abraham, Taylor-Crossdale and Thompson ?

If anyone watches PL2 and U18 action it would be great to get an insight into up and coming talent.

p.s any update on Marlon Fossey (now 21 - will he make it at FFC ?)

The Rational Fan

I imagine the next step is putting a number of the younger players on-loan to develop them.

res

Quote from: howitis on January 27, 2020, 11:46:50 AM
Thought it was interesting that in the last couple of weeks Stansfield and Jasper from the U18's have featured for the first team but very little supporting cast from our PL2 squad.

In terms of strikers, has Stansfield already jumped ahead of Abraham, Taylor-Crossdale and Thompson ?

If anyone watches PL2 and U18 action it would be great to get an insight into up and coming talent.

p.s any update on Marlon Fossey (now 21 - will he make it at FFC ?)

Not seen much so would be interested in other views but for time being my take is:
-Thompson has been out injured all season (again, muscule/hamstring trouble)
-Abraham and Taylor-Crossdale have not shown the hoped for development, albeit playing in a "U23" team which constantly changes its composition meaning that service to them is limited
-Fossey played in the last U23 game (4-2 loss to Everton) having been injures all year
-Stansfield has scored for fun in the U18s and scored in his only game for U23. I suspect he's seen as having more potential than Abraham and Taylor-Crossdale
-Jasper has scored plenty for U18s and U23s, many of them being "semi worldies" from 20/25 yards
-those developing on loan include Opuko (at Accrington) and Harris (at Woking)
-Cavaliho has great potential, still young but many appearances in U23
-there's a array of decent goalkeepers

Be interested to hear other (probably more informed) comments

Dr Quinzel

By all accounts the best prospects are not in the u23's. I suppose the best make the jump from u18 to first team sooner, and u23 is more developmental.

David Allen Crankshaw

We play Manchester City in the 5th round of the F.A. Youth Cup on February 6th at City's Academy Stadium. I hope that Stansfield, Jasper and Carvalho are all included in The Fulham team. A win would take us into the quarter-finals.

The Rational Fan

Jerome Opoku is doing well as a left back in League One, probable good enough to try to break into a lower level championship team next season and maybe us the season after if we lose parchate payments.

Our biggest problem with the older juniors is, from what I can see on transfermarkt, none of them are locked down on contracts for very long (e.g. until the end of this season). We have given Matt Riley a run out in the First XI, so that every other club can see him and provide him with a better offer than the one that he isn't signing with us.

Dr Quinzel

More likely to increase the amount we can expect to receive in tribunal.

We had a chance to offer Mo'R a contract, but messed around trying to make him move to a preferred agent. Fulham's own undoing that one, unlike Elliott.

AnOldBrownie

Marlon Fossey has more potential than Steve Sessegnon, but it doesn't mean anything because he can't stay healthy.   

I feel bad for him.