watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That's That Then...Ream

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 26, 2020, 01:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

One mistake should cost him his place at the club? Ridiculous. I actually think Ream is an ok squad CB for us but isn't the player he was 2 years ago. Should he be a starter? Probably not. Should Mawson? Currently no. So we hope Kongolo and Hector does it or Odoi fits in however that decision is one on Ream that spans a year and a half not just based on today.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nero on January 26, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
Now why wasnt the Liverpool player sent off

The Shrewsbury player didn't have control of the ball, so wasn't denying goalscoring chance. I think the call was right.

RaySmith

Still a decent Championship player, able to compete for a pl;ace in our back four.

ByTheRiver

Amazed at some of the comments defending him to be honest. It isn't about yesterday, he has been poor all season. He was poor all last season. He was poor when he came in all the way up until the two late season runs under Slav (play off season and promotion season) where we had so much of the ball that we could have played two youth team strikers at CB and still won most games.

He simply cannot defend. Yes, he passes quite well for a defender but he is not good enough for the level we want to play at. 'Player Of The Season' two years ago or not. Hector, Mawson, Kongolo, Odoi should all be ahead of him. I'd be tempted to get someone else in - potentially Cameron Carter-Vickers as we've been linked again in the last few days - and put him out to pasture. Backup until the end of the season and then off...

Carborundum

We knew before kick off that the best strikers find him an appetising prospect.  Nothing has changed.  No need to scapegoat the guy, he appears to have made the very best of his footballing talents for a long while.  That's all anyone can do and most, myself included, fall short of that.

Woolly Mammoth

It is not just a case of why anyone is defending him, it's about respect and showing some grace towards a player who has been a regular loyal reliable player, who in his quiet unassuming way cares. I agree that yesterday highlighted his vulnerability and cracks have been showing in his game, but nevertheless the vitriol
on this board towards him was uncalled for in my opinion and disrespectful. He has been a decent servant and yes he may have one or two shortcomings but unnecessary to kick a man when he is down, and we may need his services during the rest of the season. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 27, 2020, 11:37:15 AM
It is not just a case of why anyone is defending him, it's about respect and showing some grace towards a player who has been a regular loyal reliable player, who in his quiet unassuming way cares. I agree that yesterday highlighted his vulnerability and cracks have been showing in his game, but nevertheless the vitriol
on this board towards him was uncalled for in my opinion and disrespectful. He has been a decent servant and yes he may have one or two shortcomings but unnecessary to kick a man when he is down, and we may need his services during the rest of the season. 

He has been called "brainless" and a "numpty" on the first page. Not sure there's been any "vitriol" beyond that, or even if that constitutes "vitriol" anyway. People are generally just commenting on his current ability and whether he's good enough to be in the starting XI. Nothing vitriolic or disrespectful about that.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on January 27, 2020, 11:44:10 AM

He has been called "brainless" and a "numpty" on the first page. Not sure there's been any "vitriol" beyond that, or even if that constitutes "vitriol" anyway. People are generally just commenting on his current ability and whether he's good enough to be in the starting XI. Nothing vitriolic or disrespectful about that.

Can I ask is disrespectful to call MLM "brainless" and a "numpty"? Or it is only disrespectful to call Ream "brainless" and a "numpty"?

I believe it was perfectly ok to call Raneri any name you like on FOF, but to use any of the same comments about Parker are extremely disrepectful.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on January 27, 2020, 11:44:10 AM

In your unqualified opinion Mr Angry
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 27, 2020, 10:34:37 AM
Amazed at some of the comments defending him to be honest. It isn't about yesterday, he has been poor all season. He was poor all last season. He was poor when he came in all the way up until the two late season runs under Slav (play off season and promotion season) where we had so much of the ball that we could have played two youth team strikers at CB and still won most games.

He simply cannot defend. Yes, he passes quite well for a defender but he is not good enough for the level we want to play at. 'Player Of The Season' two years ago or not. Hector, Mawson, Kongolo, Odoi should all be ahead of him. I'd be tempted to get someone else in - potentially Cameron Carter-Vickers as we've been linked again in the last few days - and put him out to pasture. Backup until the end of the season and then off...

He's defended quite well for us this season as well. Saving us at the last second multiple times. So no, he hasn't been poor all season. I will agree that he was outmatched completely in the Prem though - but guilty by association and all that.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Matt10 on January 27, 2020, 01:46:22 PM

He's defended quite well for us this season as well. Saving us at the last second multiple times. So no, he hasn't been poor all season. I will agree that he was outmatched completely in the Prem though - but guilty by association and all that.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I was at Stoke away this season and he cost us that game. Then there's the Forest game. Really poor in the 3-0 defeat at home to Hull. Not great in the Charlton 2-2 game. I'm sure there's been a couple of others too  so not really a great showing for half a season in the championship...

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 27, 2020, 01:55:37 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree. I was at Stoke away this season and he cost us that game. Then there's the Forest game. Really poor in the 3-0 defeat at home to Hull. Not great in the Charlton 2-2 game. I'm sure there's been a couple of others too  so not really a great showing for half a season in the championship...
he was probably charltons best attacker last week as well
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt10

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 27, 2020, 01:55:37 PM

I'll agree versus Stoke, but he was left on an island in that 3 back formation. Against Hull, twice against Bowden on his own because Mawson or Bryan chose to overcommit very high up the pitch during Hull's counters.

I'm not saying he hasn't had poor moments, but that's different than saying someone is "poor all season". That is an all-encompassing, and generic, comment which makes it as if they have done nothing positive - which is false. Just like all our players this season, for the majority of the good they do, the bad stands out more.

Whitesideup

How many goals had we conceded in the 3 games prior to the cup game? To say "he simply cannot defend" is just demonstrably wrong, hyperbole that is just inaccurate. By all means argue that he may not have the quality required of a premier league player, by all means argue that he has made some mistakes this year (then name me the players who haven't), and I think we would all agree the 6th minute of the City game was a disastrous moment ... but rubbishing our own players? Not for me.

filham

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 26, 2020, 01:15:10 PM
Quote from: PhilEsh on January 26, 2020, 01:11:26 PM
Should never play for us again. Disgraceful attitude and has let us all down.

Really?
Ream has been good for us for a long time, this action was so out of character, we must now assume Parker will suss out what went wrong, we should then forgive and forget.

Skatzoffc

Never understand people who slag off our own players.

No need and no point.

We win as a team and we lose as a team.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Rock

Quote from: Whitestone on January 27, 2020, 12:09:42 AM
Quote from: The Rock on January 26, 2020, 10:23:41 PM
Woah, Ream had a patch of good football the year we got promoted. He was supposed to be replaced with better. He's at least 30 right?

Why on earth is anyone surprised by this?

You can't blame him for being unqualified, but you can blame Tony Khan.

TK brought in Mawson, Hector and Kongolo so that's probably unfair.

Ream should have been replaced when we got promoted. We got Mawson. Feels uninspriring doesn't it? Hector and Kongolo just arrived so time will tell there.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rock on January 27, 2020, 05:42:20 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on January 27, 2020, 12:09:42 AM
Quote from: The Rock on January 26, 2020, 10:23:41 PM
Woah, Ream had a patch of good football the year we got promoted. He was supposed to be replaced with better. He's at least 30 right?

Why on earth is anyone surprised by this?

You can't blame him for being unqualified, but you can blame Tony Khan.

TK brought in Mawson, Hector and Kongolo so that's probably unfair.

Ream should have been replaced when we got promoted. We got Mawson. Feels uninspriring doesn't it? Hector and Kongolo just arrived so time will tell there.

he did try though, he bought in mlm, it just didn't work out
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Logicalman

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 27, 2020, 02:27:34 PM

How many goals had we conceded in the 3 games prior to the cup game? To say "he simply cannot defend" is just demonstrably wrong, hyperbole that is just inaccurate. By all means argue that he may not have the quality required of a premier league player, by all means argue that he has made some mistakes this year (then name me the players who haven't), and I think we would all agree the 6th minute of the City game was a disastrous moment ... but rubbishing our own players? Not for me.

Totally agree, who can name 6 players in the current squad who would walk into the starting 11 of a decent Prem team at the moment? And remember, our opponents were more than just a decent Prem team.
He made a mistake, he makes mistakes, I personally believe he was stupid to make that mistake, but then again, I've never played professional footie, so it's my totally unqualified opinion, but we don't need to slag off one of our own on this board, do we?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.