watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would we sell Mitro to Villa

Started by The Swan, January 28, 2020, 01:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

It appears as if the Villa fans would like to buy Mitro. If this is the case would we sell and if we did sell what would be the asking price.
The Swan

Twig

Sell him because we are so well stocked with strikers?  No way.

Mr K.Dilkington

They wouldn't be able to afford another £30/40 mil investment again like with Wesley. They'd be on his back so quickly with a price tag like that and the playstyle he has.
Foolish ham

HV71

filham

We don't want to lose him
They couldn't afford him
If he wanted to go he could do better than Villa.

Fulham 442

Quote from: filham on January 28, 2020, 02:57:56 PM
We don't want to lose him
They couldn't afford him
If he wanted to go he could do better than Villa.
Spot on!

grandad

Every fan of every club would want to sign Mitro. Not going to happen. Any asking price would have to be in excess of £80 mil.
Where there's a will there's a wife

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Swan on January 28, 2020, 01:38:29 PM
It appears as if the Villa fans would like to buy Mitro. If this is the case would we sell and if we did sell what would be the asking price.

No,

And he wouldn't want to go there because they are likely to be back in the Championship next season.

The Rational Fan

We have to sell players at the end of the season, every offer must be considered. If the plan next season is the same team without the loan players then we will need another plan.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 28, 2020, 10:09:38 PM
We have to sell players at the end of the season, every offer must be considered. If the plan next season is the same team without the loan players then we will need another plan.

How about we just re-loan the loan players?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2020, 10:17:32 PM

Parchuate Payments will fall by £10m next season and we won't have £24m in player sales profit. Next season, we will be living of the profit of Fabri, Seri, Anguiisaa and someone else probably, thats a large cut.

AnOldBrownie

No.  If I had an extra 1000 to bet on it (and no one would take the bet) I'd do it right now.

He's not going to Villa.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 28, 2020, 10:30:59 PM

Parchuate Payments will fall by £10m next season and we won't have £24m in player sales profit. Next season, we will be living of the profit of Fabri, Seri, Anguiisaa and someone else probably, thats a large cut.

I don't think it beyond the realm of possibility that we could sell Anguissa, Fabri, Seri and MLM for a combined £50m this summer which I suspect, assuming an aggregate book value of c £25m, would almost offset the things you mention.

But in any case, these analyses assume that over the rolling three-year period up to the end of this season, we've incurred the maximum permitted losses (c £60m). I think that questionable, in particular because I doubt we incurred a big (if any) loss in the PL last season.

The reality is there are just too many unknowns to make assertions like "We have to sell players at the end of the season" with much conviction.   

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2020, 10:52:56 PM

I don't think it beyond the realm of possibility that we could sell Anguissa, Fabri, Seri and MLM for a combined £50m this summer which I suspect, assuming an aggregate book value of c £25m, would almost offset the things you mention.

But in any case, these analyses assume that over the rolling three-year period up to the end of this season, we've incurred the maximum permitted losses (c £60m). I think that questionable, in particular because I doubt we incurred a big (if any) loss in the PL last season.

The reality is there are just too many unknowns to make assertions like "We have to sell players at the end of the season" with much conviction.

True, we will know a lot more around 6th April when the accounts come out. We know some of signing had big transfer fees, but we are totally guessing at wages or at least relying on agent rumours. It will be interesting, he could write off a lot of the transfers fees to book value zero and maybe make a huge profit on Fabri and Seri when sold.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 28, 2020, 11:19:58 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2020, 10:52:56 PM

True, we will know a lot more around 6th April when the accounts come out. We know some of signing had big transfer fees, but we are totally guessing at wages or at least relying on agent rumours. It will be interesting, he could write off a lot of the transfers fees to book value zero and maybe make a huge profit on Fabri and Seri when sold.

My guess for 18/19 is

Revenue £120m
Wages £80m
Transfers out £4m
Transfers in £30m (with remainder accounted for over the next few seasons)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2020, 11:38:41 PM
My guess for 18/19 is
Revenue £120m
Wages £80m
Transfers out £4m
Transfers in £30m (with remainder accounted for over the next few seasons)

Same instead of transfers in "amortisation of new players £30m", plus amortisation/impairment of players signed before 30th June 2018 of £18m. Loss for 19/20 season around £16m.

peter w

Not for me. I think Championship is his level. We need one more forward and I hope his has top flight experience and goals. Unlikely to find them in January, though.

Statto

Quote from: peter w on January 30, 2020, 09:12:12 AM
I think Championship is his level.

Pretty certain that in about six months from now, you'll be in the Championship and he'll be playing in the PL (admittedly it may not be for us)

Fulhamfan666