watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cyrus to Roma?!?!?

Started by Black, White and Fred, January 29, 2020, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

I rate Cyrus and imo our best right back,I hope he gets the move,not because I want him to go,but he's in a rut here and needs a new challenge.
Doesn't work out for some players at certain clubs.
The stick he has had over the past year from some has been terrible, one certain gobshit know-all poster practically saying he was lying about his Sister's abuse.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2020, 05:58:21 AM
I rate Cyrus and imo our best right back,I hope he gets the move,not because I want him to go,but he's in a rut here and needs a new challenge.
The stick he has had over the past year from some has been terrible, one certain gobshit know-all poster practically saying he was lying about his Sister's abuse.

Cyrus Christie has been treated terribly, he came here as championship right-back, then in the premier league he was chosen to be our backup right back and he earnt his place in the first team and remained our best available right-back despite him playing in one league too high for him. It wasn't his fault he was the best right-back available. What more can you ask of him?

Then, his sister claimed abuse when he wasn't there and she took it to the police, while he supported/backed his sister and let the police do their job that is the investigations into what can be proven to have occurred. What more can you ask of him?

howitis

Truly awful player that after last year should have been politely shown the door. He is one of the major weak links. Having said that, nobody warrants the abuse he has suffered.

charlieFFC

It is actually shocking that we haven't brought in a new RB this window.

Its such an "easy win" in terms of bringing someone in that will instantly improve the side and definitely give us an edge in an increasingly tight promotion race.

ffcthereligion

Sting of the North

Why is it so seemingly hard for some to stay at least a little classy. It's a bit sad.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2020, 07:24:06 AM
Truly awful player that after last year should have been politely shown the door. He is one of the major weak links. Having said that, nobody warrants the abuse he has suffered.

He's not truly awful.

He just lacks low center of gravity and consistent workrate.

He's not better than Odoi (if Odoi's only focus is playing FB), and he wasn't better than Ryan Fredericks (which is why Cyrus stayed on the bench).

AND...even though he was brain dead a lot, Cyrus wasn't better than Timothy Fosu Mensah...not really. 
He appeared to try harder than Timothy, so I'll give him that...but as a natural defender...Timothy was/is better.

So no, Cyrus isn't terrible and can start for most Championship side teams just fine.    The question is, do we let him go NOW and bring in a quality RB that can start at the next level if given a year to develop chemistry with this squad?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 30, 2020, 10:37:37 PM
Why is it so seemingly hard for some to stay at least a little classy. It's a bit sad.
You seem to forget that many are still at school and so 'Classy' has not reached them yet!
Others are just embarrassing themselves. 😢
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Whitesideup

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 29, 2020, 09:17:47 PM
Quote from: Beamer on January 29, 2020, 12:20:00 PM
On the evidence to date Steven Sess is still some way from being ready although he shows every chance of being in there in the future. Dennis would contribute as he has always done but he is not a natural full back. We have already tried to bring in a player as first choice for the position for some time now and have failed to date so unless we have someone lined up I can see no point in letting him go at this stage.
Christie is currently first choice so it would only weaken our side.
On a different point it looks from the players they are recruiting that Ryan Sess will have very limited opportunities at Spurs for the rest of the season, anyone fancy a sneaky loan offer.

Since when is Odoi not a natural full back (whatever that is actually supposed to mean)? He's played fullback almost all of his professional career...

Also, are you sure Christie is first choice? Last time Odoi started, for example. Personally I prefer both Sess and Odoi before Christie, but I admit Sess is still rather untried. Odoi is miles ahead however in my opinion, so it only comes down to whether Bryan or Christie should be dropped.
Agree with this. Denis our best full-back.

MikeW

Moyes at West Ham rumoured to be looking for a new right back.  Has our old boy fallen out of favour?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ffcthereligion

Quote from: MikeW on January 31, 2020, 12:19:44 PM
Moyes at West Ham rumoured to be looking for a new right back.  Has our old boy fallen out of favour?

No he hasn't he injured his hamstring at Gillingham away in the cup and out since. Was a terrible mistake not to have offered him what he wanted considering the dross we paid for instead and the void his absence has since left behind.

I Ronic

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2020, 05:58:21 AM

:plus one:

MikeW

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 29, 2020, 10:51:19 PM
He's the best export from Ireland since Guinness and the best RB in the championship, Roma should feel obliged to pay at least £10m for such a fantastic player, any less is a steal!!!

Shame our manager doesn't seem to agree with you.  Fringe player at best in my view.  As is Kamara.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Matt10

He has been starting the last couple matches, actually all of January - why are we saying the manager doesn't rate him or that he's not our best right back? Out of 10 matches, including vs City in the FA cup, he's been on the losing end 4 times.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Matt10 on January 31, 2020, 02:32:07 PM
He has been starting the last couple matches, actually all of January - why are we saying the manager doesn't rate him or that he's not our best right back? Out of 10 matches, including vs City in the FA cup, he's been on the losing end 4 times.

He hasn't though. Didn't start the last two league games. Whether he's our best right back or not is subjective I assume. Whether or not our manager rates him is probably just a guess. Wasn't even in the 18 for long spells at the beginning of the season, and after that Odoi's been suspended and played left back and Sessegnon has been injured a lot. My uneducated guess would be that Parker is not a great fan, but that doesn't mean that he has no place in our squad or even staring eleven.

Jamie88

Quote from: Matt10 on January 31, 2020, 02:32:07 PM

He's not particularly much of a threat going forward, and he's not particularly strong at defending, that's all it is for most people. Not sure what you're implying with your last 'stat'? That he is a fantastic full back?
There's many reasons why a manager may not rate a player and yet still play them, mainly lack of strong right backs!

St Eve

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 29, 2020, 10:51:19 PM
He's the best export from Ireland since Guinness and the best RB in the championship, Roma should feel obliged to pay at least £10m for such a fantastic player, any less is a steal!!!

You can drop the act, I don't think the Roma manager will be reading this forum.