more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cyrus to Roma?!?!?

Started by Black, White and Fred, January 29, 2020, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

#449 on: Today at 08:48:59 AM »
CALCIOMERCATO ROMA CHRISTIE – Secondo quanto emerso nelle ultime ore, Alessandro Florenzi potrebbe presto fare le valigie e raggiungere la Spagna per indossare la maglia del Valencia. La Roma sarebbe già al lavoro per trovare un sostituto per il capitano giallorosso. Secondo quanto riportato dal giornalista sportivo, Nicolò Schira, Petrachi avrebbe già contattato il Fulham per Cyrus Christie. Il difensore classe '92 potrebbe quindi prendere il suo posto.

ROME CHRISTIE MARKET - According to what has emerged in the last few hours, Alessandro Florenzi could soon pack his bags and reach Spain to wear the Valencia shirt. Roma would already be working to find a replacement for the Giallorossi captain. According to what reported by the sports journalist, Nicolò Schira, Petrachi has already contacted Fulham for Cyrus Christie. The 1992 defender could therefore take his place.

This would have to be the strangest rumour of the window right? If he was to go, would Dennis and Sess be enough cover for RB?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

charlieFFC

charlieFFC

Would be a bit odd if a player who had an article published in the Times titled "Racism makes you lose the love of the game" moved to Serie A with the current racial issues going on over there.

bog

Have to say, if this goes through, that it is one of the most surprising transfers ever.

092.gif

Bassey the warrior

I assume they want him because they think he'll be cheap. If we sell it must be because it works for us.

Beamer

On the evidence to date Steven Sess is still some way from being ready although he shows every chance of being in there in the future. Dennis would contribute as he has always done but he is not a natural full back. We have already tried to bring in a player as first choice for the position for some time now and have failed to date so unless we have someone lined up I can see no point in letting him go at this stage.
Christie is currently first choice so it would only weaken our side.
On a different point it looks from the players they are recruiting that Ryan Sess will have very limited opportunities at Spurs for the rest of the season, anyone fancy a sneaky loan offer. 

filham

Quote from: bog on January 29, 2020, 10:31:53 AM
Have to say, if this goes through, that it is one of the most surprising transfers ever.

092.gif

Yes it is hard to understand and I don't believe it will happen but you may remember years ago when young Bill Dodgin struggling at right back in the Fulham team went to Arsenal. He returned some years later as a good centre half.

humussapiens

Would be a good sale. He's not PL material (Championship squad player, at most), Sess is much better prospect and needs game time. It would feel as advancement in his career.
It's a matter of time when his form/confidence dips again and than we have nothing.

I'm not sure how serious this rumor is, may be another "Bryan goes to Watford" duck.   

fulhamfever

Faubert to Real Madrid from West Ham will always be the weirdest for me

Matt10

Conti has been hit or miss for Milan this season and isn't the best at winning headers. Christie is very strong and can win more aerial duels. He's improved his crossing this season, and hasn't lost a step in speed or stamina. I think it would be a great career move for Cyrus as he's not made the rep of Ireland team for a while since O'Neill was replaced with McCarthy. Be a bit sad to see him go as I think he's still our starter at RB, and genuinely like him overall. However, I'd be more than happy for him as a player to join such a big club as Milan.

Tabby

Quote from: Matt10 on January 29, 2020, 01:39:00 PM
Conti has been hit or miss for Milan this season and isn't the best at winning headers. Christie is very strong and can win more aerial duels. He's improved his crossing this season, and hasn't lost a step in speed or stamina. I think it would be a great career move for Cyrus as he's not made the rep of Ireland team for a while since O'Neill was replaced with McCarthy. Be a bit sad to see him go as I think he's still our starter at RB, and genuinely like him overall. However, I'd be more than happy for him as a player to join such a big club as Milan.

Too bad the rumour says he is joining Roma then.

Milo

AnOldBrownie

Wait, what?

He's not even our best RB.  He's an ok Championship RB...which they can get anywhere.   

If Marlon Fossey could stay healthy this might make sense...but since he can't...I'll call this rumor bs.

Matt10

Quote from: Tabby on January 29, 2020, 01:41:20 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 29, 2020, 01:39:00 PM

Too bad the rumour says he is joining Roma then.

Oh, man. Why did I think it was Milan - my bad. Roma is interesting then because Spinazzola has been decent, but has been linked to a move. This probably means Cyrus would be a backup I assume, unless Spinazzola is on his way somewhere else again. Odd things happening in Serie A.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Beamer on January 29, 2020, 12:20:00 PM
On the evidence to date Steven Sess is still some way from being ready although he shows every chance of being in there in the future. Dennis would contribute as he has always done but he is not a natural full back. We have already tried to bring in a player as first choice for the position for some time now and have failed to date so unless we have someone lined up I can see no point in letting him go at this stage.
Christie is currently first choice so it would only weaken our side.
On a different point it looks from the players they are recruiting that Ryan Sess will have very limited opportunities at Spurs for the rest of the season, anyone fancy a sneaky loan offer.

Since when is Odoi not a natural full back (whatever that is actually supposed to mean)? He's played fullback almost all of his professional career...

Also, are you sure Christie is first choice? Last time Odoi started, for example. Personally I prefer both Sess and Odoi before Christie, but I admit Sess is still rather untried. Odoi is miles ahead however in my opinion, so it only comes down to whether Bryan or Christie should be dropped.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamfever on January 29, 2020, 01:33:20 PM
Faubert to Real Madrid from West Ham will always be the weirdest for me

Crazy times... They signed Gravesen from Everton at a similar time too. Weird period for them!

Carborundum

Dark, cold, rain predicted Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  South Western Rail guards voting to strike again.  The prospect of someone, anyone, being scooped up and landed in Rome has cheered me up considerably.  Imagine how he's going to feel if it doesn't happen.  Be kind to him. It probably won't.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 29, 2020, 09:17:47 PM
Since when is Odoi not a natural full back (whatever that is actually supposed to mean)? He's played fullback almost all of his professional career...

Also, are you sure Christie is first choice? Last time Odoi started, for example. Personally I prefer both Sess and Odoi before Christie, but I admit Sess is still rather untried. Odoi is miles ahead however in my opinion, so it only comes down to whether Bryan or Christie should be dropped.

+1

Deeping_white

He's the best export from Ireland since Guinness and the best RB in the championship, Roma should feel obliged to pay at least £10m for such a fantastic player, any less is a steal!!!

Woolly Mammoth

Supply and demand, I would double that fee.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.