watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Prunella Scales.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 30, 2020, 07:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Sad to read her Alzheimer's is getting worse and she and Husband Timothy have had to step down from their Canal journey programme.
The wife and I enjoyed their jaunts round the canals.
Terrible disease which my uncle suffered badly.

tonywildman

Sad news I used to be friends with there son many years ago, I was always made welcome at there house as a child

Andy S

If we live longer then more of us will be affected in this way sadly

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Although I never met her I had the privilege of speaking to her on the phone a number of times in my banking job, A polite and charming lady.

I Ronic

Must be very tough on her husband and children. To watch the woman you love slowly disappear before your eyes.

Jem

Sadly it has a grip of my mother and auntie. It really is a terrible disease which robs you of the person but leaves behind the shell that is their body.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jem on January 30, 2020, 09:20:17 AM
Sadly it has a grip of my mother and auntie. It really is a terrible disease which robs you of the person but leaves behind the shell that is their body.

Yes terrible disease,my uncle the same.

bog

Very sad news. I like millions of others really enjoyed their easy going canal programmes. Unforgettable as Sybil in Fawlty Towers. Always came across as a very nice lady.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on January 30, 2020, 09:24:38 AM
Very sad news. I like millions of others really enjoyed their easy going canal programmes. Unforgettable as Sybil in Fawlty Towers. Always came across as a very nice lady.

Gyles Brandreth and Shelia Hancock are going
to take over the Canal Programme.

filham

A lovely couple in a nice enjoyable programme , all will be sadly missed.

Lighthouse

I don't know why we have so many awful illnesses hitting us as we grow old. I am not convinced it is because we are just living  longer. Anyway she was always a talented actress in all types of part. Like others have said her endearing relationship with fellow actor and husband Timothy West made the Canal Journeys always entertaining and informative.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

Wife and I used to watch the programmes and it was very touching the way TW helped her with the illness
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

JimOG

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 30, 2020, 04:27:09 PM
Wife and I used to watch the programmes and it was very touching the way TW helped her with the illness

That really stood out for me - what a fantastic loving husband Timothy West is