watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Huddersfield

Started by terryr, January 30, 2020, 09:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Not much on their board ( I could only find one that was active) but what I found I've posted

" Seems Fulham's defenders are dropping like flies! Good time to play them?"

" Why?
It's not as if our players will be looking to bother their defenders, is it?  :005:"

" If Cowley was watching today's game he should know to press them like hell. Fulham struggled to get out of their own half today because of their insistence of playing out from the back at all costs. We need to start the game down there on the front foot."

"They did struggle alright but they're likely to knock it round us with less difficulty.

" Yes - being pressed by Man City is just a tad different to being pressed by us.😂

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/113649/fulham-defenders#ixzz6CVMDCLM2

" Cairney and knockheart do make a big difference in being able to 'play out'...
Also suspect the big fella up front will be back..
Seen little so far in our strategy home or away to show we might press for any decent amount of time..!"

" Mate of mine is a FFC season ticket holder. Says Cairney is right off form at the moment. Hope we're not the confidence booster he needs"

" Suspect they could have the little Krankie woman at RB, the Chuckle brothers at CH, and Stephen Hawking on the left and we'd still struggle to register. And yes, I'm going, for some loving unknown reason. I'm also aware that Hawking is dead, but his empty wheelchair could mark Kachunga out of the game."

" Wouldn't put it past them to put a cheeky bid in to take Clarissa Mullery on loan from Silent Witness for the rest of the season as cover..."

" If its a dry day be sure to take the Thames Path through Bishops Park from Putney Bridge tube. With the Thames on one side and the Park on the other it is arguably the finest urban walk around, IMHO!

" Last time I went we got caught up in a bridge closure over the Thames. Had to backtrack and walk down the river on the opposite side of the ground to the next bridge along. We could see the ground and hear the cheering, finally arriving at half-time. As we got to the ground a p@ssed-up and thoroughly p@ssed-off Town fan was just leaving heading back to the pub. Most of you will remember that day, we got inside to see the scoreboard showing Fulham 3 Town 0. Second half was much better, we only shipped two🙂"

" It is not often that we score three goals and win 2-1 but that happened on Tuesday, completing a double over a decent Tigers side! Putting aside Stearman's rather wet own goal, there was much to be pleased about in the win at Hull City. The possession stats are rarely meaningful but, this time, the figure of 53% for Huddersfield fairly reflected the match and it was good see a more positive approach from the team in an away game. Whilst there has been some debate about Bacuna appearing at right back I thought he did well, though arguably it wasted his attacking talents. This victory sees the Terriers up to 19th, six points above the drop zone.
The coming Saturday brings a trip to Fulham, another venue where we historically do poorly. The Cottagers have put themselves in a striking position in their attempt to return to the top flight at the first attempt, presently 4th and just four points off the automatics. On Saturday they had a 4-0 reverse at home to Manchester City in the FA Cup but have had a full week to recover with no midweek game. Despite having the second best home record in the division, their 9-2-4 home results show that they do have some vulnerabilities as demonstrated by their New Year's Day home loss to Reading. Nonetheless, I still have a feeling of foreboding about this encounter and think that we are likely to return North empty handed.
Finally, if the weather stays dry, as currently forecast, on Saturday afternoon, I can recommend getting to the stadium by taking the tube to Putney Bridge and then by way of the splendid walk along the Thames Path through Bishops Park, arguably one of the best urban walks there is.

"   --------------- New GK ----------------

Simpson --- Stearman --- Schindler ---- Toffolo

------------- Hogg --- O Brien ------------------

Bacuna ------------- ESR ----------------- Grant

---------------- Mounie ------------------------

If fit i feel we have to go with Simpson at RB. Bacuna was great last night but got skinned too many times, we need a solid RB in this formation and not a wingback.

If fit i feel we should get Hogg back in. Impressed with Chalaboah last night but it doesn't mask the other 30 "performances".

Bacuna in for Kachunga RAM; he just has the key to unlock defences; that killer pass, driving run and long shot. Especially if we go conservative at RB with Simpson.

Mounie just offers more goal threat. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Campbell won't score 5 goals this season.

" Gutted to be missing this, I love a trip to Fulham but work has got in the way."

" Not to get carried away after last night but 4-0 Town, Mounie x4 all from Kachunga crosses.

" If we could pick up a goalie like Richard Taylor for Saturday,and beyond,we would have nowt to worry about."

" Going for a win, one of my favourite away days, been last 4 times, 0 wins 1 draw, law of averages and all that"

" I have a feeling we will sneak a win there, as we did down the road in Brentford"

" I was told I might be getting a free ticket for the Fulham match, but it's not yet confirmed.
So, provided there are trains to London from the south coast, I might have to try to buy on the day.
Does anyone know if that's possible?"

I'll do a quick check tomorrow and update if there's anything interesting

The Rock

Always love reading these and thanks for posting. Yet another miserable lot, almost as miserable as us, but not quite.

charlieFFC

Cheers Terry, always a good read.

I hope they follow this gem of advice from one of their fans:

" If Cowley was watching today's game he should know to press them like hell. Fulham struggled to get out of their own half today because of their insistence of playing out from the back at all costs. We need to start the game down there on the front foot."

This is definitely not the way to setup against an at home Fulham team.

SP

They're certainly right about Bishops Park.

bobbo

Thanks again terry, I get a warm feeling when I constantly hear genuine opposition fans saying " they love the trip to Fulham "
1975 just leaving home full of hope