watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So the Squad is confirmed...

Started by MrFFC, February 01, 2020, 12:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

IMO it's a good enough squad for promotion.

However, the fact that, according to ITKs on here (who I'm inclined to believe) we continued trying to bring more players in, but failed, concerns me.

Either you need a player or you don't. If you do, get the cheque book out, use a bit of nous and get the deal done.

If Parker/TK didn't feel we needed anyone else, he should have come and said that two weeks ago after the Kongolo signing.   

I now have the feeling that Parker/TK would have liked extra players (perhaps Cairney does indeed need an op and we'll need cover, for example) but we've done what we normally do, and been d1cked around by players' agents or let deals fall through because we haggle over a few hundred grand.

filham

That list looks good to me with at least two experienced players for each position, add to it and you have the problem of too many players not getting game time and falling off the end of the bench.
Any new signing had to be at least as good as those listed and another striker would have cost upwards of £10m and may well have not seen action for the rest of the season.

St Eve

Quote from: KJS on February 01, 2020, 08:20:11 AM
Quote from: St Eve on February 01, 2020, 12:33:42 AM
Not trying to be a smart ... but it wasn't really a good window unless you're thinking is we kept Mitrovic.

If the right player to fit the make up of the team wasn't available then why buy one just for the sake of it? Best signing was Hector with Cav and Bobby close behind if this squad is fit it's better than the one that got us up Bryan =Taggart the only one addition would be getting Frederick's back but Odio is good enough to cover RB
Agreed. I already counted Cav and Bobby in the last window. We could have done with a full back and a forward. It just wasn't to be