Stefan Johansen

Anthony Knockeart
Ivan Cavaleiro
Neeskens Kebano

Alexander Mitrovic
Bobby Reid
Aboubakar Kamara

Is this enough for promotion?

Good window all in all I feel with the defensive additions although one more versatile defender who could have played across the back & a back up striker to Mitro I felt was needed. Let's hope the injured boys back soon for the final push for promotion. COYW
Come on you Whites!! :)

General

You could be right but I tend to wait until a website roundup or transfer debrief in an interview or till the day after to agree. Still hoping even if it is unlikely.

General

Ps with everyone fit it's a greal squad, although another striker and parker getting the midfield contributing more goals would be appreciated... currently though with injuries to a host of players and the strength seems pointless

St Eve

Not trying to be a smart ... but it wasn't really a good window unless you're thinking is we kept Mitrovic.

Woolly Mammoth

The way I see it, is that we did not lose anyone of our key players, although i did not expect to, as that would have been a poor error of judgement and a massive own goal.
However, we already had a acquired Hector in the summer, and yes we did sign Cav and Bobby permanently but we had them playing for us anyway.
Yes we did sign Archer on a free transfer for our third choice keeper who may never wear a first team shirt in anger.
Which leaves us with Kongolo signed on loan, who cannot play today because we are playing Huddersfield.
Yes it could have been worse but it could have been better. I reckon we are shy one full back and one striker, and for a club who aspires to bounce back to the Premier League first time, we may have missed a trick here.
So it is underwhelming and slightly disappointing, but it is what it is, I am not going to dwell on it, no point.
We just have to hope we do not have any serious injuries and loss of form. Without Mitro we look toothless. That is why I am surprised we never seriously looked as though we were going to sign anyone.
In the absence of Mitro we will need a fit and healthy Kamara, and I hope these clean sheets we are acquiring becomes a habit as we are going to need to be tight at the back, and sharp at the front for the next 17 League games and if necessary the three play off games. Lots of football to be played and lots of joy for three teams and plenty of heartache for many others who had ambitions to go one step further.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ordar

Hector and Kongolo are excellent additions to the Defense. Whether the porous Defense is caused by the lack of talent in the playing staff, or the incredibly poor tactics is up for debate.

I am disappointed that we haven't brought in another goal scorer/goal scoring midfielder. We barely get any goals from the rest of the team other than Mitro. I was really hoping the Jota deal went through. Cairney has done nothing since scoring the Wembley goal, and we really needed to add some creativity, and goals from the midfield area. (Whether this is due to glacially slow, terrible, ponderous tactics or a lack of talent is up for debate)

Moltobueno

Any information about Ibrahima Cisse?

Does he play with youngsters in PL2 or what's the general situation with him?

If Fulham has no plans with him, there must have be some club from Championship that wanted him?

howitis

perplexing that they didn't get another proven goal scorer  on loan. We seem very light in that department. If Mitro is missing we are generally toothless.
Like Cavaleiro, Reid, Knockaert etc but they are not going to get you the goals to go up.

davew

Quote from: St Eve on February 01, 2020, 12:33:42 AM
Not trying to be a smart ... but it wasn't really a good window unless you're thinking is we kept Mitrovic.
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Dodgin

No new signings until we are in the Premiership is the gamble.

Jeroen

Wasn't seri sent back? Does that mean he comes back into the fold again?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 01, 2020, 01:39:31 AM
The way I see it, is that we did not lose anyone of our key players, although i did not expect to, as that would have been a poor error of judgement and a massive own goal.
However, we already had a acquired Hector in the summer, and yes we did sign Cav and Bobby permanently but we had them playing for us anyway.
Yes we did sign Archer on a free transfer for our third choice keeper who may never wear a first team shirt in anger.
Which leaves us with Kongolo signed on loan, who cannot play today because we are playing Huddersfield.
Yes it could have been worse but it could have been better. I reckon we are shy one full back and one striker, and for a club who aspires to bounce back to the Premier League first time, we may have missed a trick here.
So it is underwhelming and slightly disappointing, but it is what it is, I am not going to dwell on it, no point.
We just have to hope we do not have any serious injuries and loss of form. Without Mitro we look toothless. That is why I am surprised we never seriously looked as though we were going to sign anyone.
In the absence of Mitro we will need a fit and healthy Kamara, and I hope these clean sheets we are acquiring becomes a habit as we are going to need to be tight at the back, and sharp at the front for the next 17 League games and if necessary the three play off games. Lots of football to be played and lots of joy for three teams and plenty of heartache for many others who had ambitions to go one step further.

From my calculations we had quite a bit of money at the start of this window probably enough to get 4 more players on loan, but during the window Seri's value fell from £18m to less than £13m so that means the FFP budget is reduced by 250k per week for loan players and of course we cannot loan more players if we spending our money writing off players (like Sunderland did in 17/18).

KJS

If the right player to fit the make up of the team wasn't available then why buy one just for the sake of it? Best signing was Hector with Cav and Bobby close behind if this squad is fit it's better than the one that got us up Bryan =Taggart the only one addition would be getting Frederick's back but Odio is good enough to cover RB

Nero

Quote from: howitis on February 01, 2020, 07:20:37 AM
perplexing that they didn't get another proven goal scorer  on loan. We seem very light in that department. If Mitro is missing we are generally toothless.
Like Cavaleiro, Reid, Knockaert etc but they are not going to get you the goals to go up.

Same could be said of Spurs, its hard to get a proven player that knows hes just going to be back up

KJS

Quote from: howitis on February 01, 2020, 07:20:37 AM
Sorry but who was Mitro's back up last time?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: KJS on February 01, 2020, 08:20:11 AM

If the right player to fit the make up of the team wasn't available then why buy one just for the sake of it? Best signing was Hector with Cav and Bobby close behind if this squad is fit it's better than the one that got us up Bryan =Taggart the only one addition would be getting Frederick's back but Odio is good enough to cover RB

One less loan now, means one more for next season. We might need Kongolo on loan next season.

Robbie

We have to win 13 games for auto promotion ... tough ask.

Riversider

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 01, 2020, 08:21:47 AM
Quote from: KJS on February 01, 2020, 08:20:11 AM

One less loan now, means one more for next season. We might need Kongolo on loan next season.

It doesn't work like that

YoungsBitter

The other thing to remember is that other than Timmy Abraham going to Bristol Rovers on loan we still have O'Riley, De La Torre and other good youth options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

res

Quote from: Moltobueno on February 01, 2020, 06:55:48 AM
Any information about Ibrahima Cisse?

Does he play with youngsters in PL2 or what's the general situation with him?

If Fulham has no plans with him, there must have be some club from Championship that wanted him?

The ultimate invisible man..doesn't play for anyone including the PL2. Either a long term injury, or so bad that he can't get into our injury hit squad or get a loan deal somewhere. I saw him briefly in one of his initial appearances and thought he was OK...but he's not been seen since.