watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No real lessons learned

Started by ALG01, February 01, 2020, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I would imagine mr parker is rather unhappy at the moment. He told us all he had spoken to tk and explained what was needed if we are to kick on. He said the places in the team that needed attention were obvious to everyone. Well they haven't been addressed.
Tk simply does not get it or is genuinely not interested. Kongolo and archer are what we got, kongolo may be ok but archer doesn't seem to be universally wecomed. But no full backs no back up forward.
We have been here before and do not seem to have learned that tohave a better chance of  making the top two we needed to strengthen.

Milo

Lots of lessons learned around loanees and not leaving everything to the window before a potential Prem return to sign half the squad..

But agree we have to reach the Prem first.. and RB has been an issue since Freds left!

filham

Can't agree. Our squad looks good with two capable players for each position and with three Championship clean sheets in a row we may have solved our defensive problems.
With both Mitro and Kamara injured we have a striker problem but hopefully those two will be available again shortly.

The main issue is that apart from Mitro we seem to lack a striker able to score goals. To find have been difficult and cost millions. a new player able to perform better than Knock, Cavy or Reid  would have been difficult and have cost several millions.

No doubt the best policy was to continue with the strike force we have but just to put a little more pressure on players to hit the target.

ALG01

Quote from: filham on February 01, 2020, 10:47:02 AM
Can't agree. Our squad looks good with two capable players for each position and with three Championship clean sheets in a row we may have solved our defensive problems.
With both Mitro and Kamara injured we have a striker problem but hopefully those two will be available again shortly.

The main issue is that apart from Mitro we seem to lack a striker able to score goals. To find have been difficult and cost millions. a new player able to perform better than Knock, Cavy or Reid  would have been difficult and have cost several millions.

No doubt the best policy was to continue with the strike force we have but just to put a little more pressure on players to hit the target.

We have glaring weaknesses at full back, week after week we are exposed. We had three clean sheets but didn't really look secure. Parker said he wanted to strengthen but we haven't done what was necessary to improve our chances.

No back up centre forward? In the championship you need a player capable of holding up the ball with his back to goal. Mitro injured, we have no one... i

This window was the difference between showing we have turned a corner or same old. It is the ltter.

GJB

We don't need to upgrade Bryan.

I'd like to see Sessegnon back in the team. IMO he had a couple of weaker performances after some very good one's, then got left out the team unfairly. I also thought, given the circumstances of the sending off, he had an alright game against City - one of the best teams in Europe.

If Sessegnon isn't chosen, then I will be disappointed that we didn't get a starting Right Back in this window.

Do you not think Kamara is a capable back-up striker?

JoelH5

Quote from: ALG01 on February 01, 2020, 09:46:18 AM
I would imagine mr parker is rather unhappy at the moment. He told us all he had spoken to tk and explained what was needed if we are to kick on. He said the places in the team that needed attention were obvious to everyone. Well they haven't been addressed.
Tk simply does not get it or is genuinely not interested. Kongolo and archer are what we got, kongolo may be ok but archer doesn't seem to be universally wecomed. But no full backs no back up forward.
We have been here before and do not seem to have learned that tohave a better chance of  making the top two we needed to strengthen.

In your opinion..
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Whitesideup

Quote from: ALG01 on February 01, 2020, 11:04:56 AM

We have glaring weaknesses at full back, week after week we are exposed. We had three clean sheets but didn't really look secure. Parker said he wanted to strengthen but we haven't done what was necessary to improve our chances.

No back up centre forward? In the championship you need a player capable of holding up the ball with his back to goal. Mitro injured, we have no one... i

This window was the difference between showing we have turned a corner or same old. It is the ltter.
Glaring weakness at the back? Maybe we should temper our expectation. Only 3 teams in the division have conceded fewer.

Denis is a good full-back. You may disagree, and clearly you do very strongly, but I can assure you he is a firm favourite with all that sit around me in the ground. It's not just me that disagrees. Now Christie may not be as good, but he isn't bad for the Championship and to be fair, is not an automatic first-choice. Bryan - has good moments, but also has the odd moment of defensive fraility where he loses the player behind him. But many think he is a very good full-back for this division.

Baszab

Can only assume and hope that Mitro and AK could be on their way back soon

Assuming they don't get injured again

No CF back up is bonkers

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 01, 2020, 11:28:19 AM

Glaring weakness at the back? Maybe we should temper our expectation. Only 3 teams in the division have conceded fewer.

Denis is a good full-back. You may disagree, and clearly you do very strongly, but I can assure you he is a firm favourite with all that sit around me in the ground. It's not just me that disagrees. Now Christie may not be as good, but he isn't bad for the Championship and to be fair, is not an automatic first-choice. Bryan - has good moments, but also has the odd moment of defensive fraility where he loses the player behind him. But many think he is a very good full-back for this division.

agreed
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Totally disagree with the OP. How does he know SP is unhappy? We have sufficient FB cover for this division. It would be impossible to have acquired a backup for Mitro judging by asking prices for inferior players, whilst keeping within FFP. With a fully fit squad there is every possibility of gaining a top 2.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

when you say we have glaring weaknesses at Full back, week after we week we are exposed, can you explain what you mean by that?
Just the views of a long term fan

Nero

Im sure TK is pretty unhappy at the moment we are sat in 4th and hardly playing the entertaining foot Fulham are known for. 

oh and as for signing that back up forward seems it's pretty hard as Man U ended up with Ighalo and Spurs didn't get one at all and Chelsea couldn't find one either so kept Giroud but this transfer malarky is easy