watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds are 'Lucky' to be in the top 6, hopefully their luck is running out

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 01, 2020, 05:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

They have had an unusually high number of games games where they have scored last minute winners earlier this season. I would estimate about 10 points 'unusually extra' they have earned in the last minute, without which they would be about 8th.

Hooefully luck bears itself out now and they continue dropping points.

West Brom will win the title.

2nd place is between Brentford and Fulham

Sgt Fulham

Not sure about WBA winning the league. At this rate I'd put my money on Brentford with us hopefully second. Also, watch out for Bristol City.

We Are Premier League

Nottingham, Brentford and Bristol is the next 3 games for them...we should be top 2 by the end of the month! :yay:

Mr K.Dilkington

I still have a nagging Fulham vs Brentford play off final. That would be a hell of a game!
Foolish ham

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on February 01, 2020, 11:10:09 PM
I still have a nagging Fulham vs Brentford play off final. That would be a hell of a game!

I'd prefer Brentford not to make the playoffs. If Brentford become as successful as Bournmouth, it would hurt Fulham revenue and maybe investment.

Carborundum

Not sure Leeds are lucky to have scored so many late goals, because fight determination and fitness are qualities to admire.  But their management team are stubborn and daft.

Leeds defence is doing well, the second stingiest in the League with 27 conceded.  But the best defence, by some distance is Brentford's.  Just 23 conceded.  Much is made of Brentford's scouting system, use of statistics, buzz around the change of ground.  But none of that seems as important as their signing of an alpha dominant centre back, Pontus Jansson...from Leeds.  Look how much better Michael Hector is to other championship defenders.  Pontus Jansson is at his level I don't need OPTA stats to know it.

Stubborn and daft because I suspect selling him was prompted by his actions in the Leeds Villa game where Villa stopped playing, Leeds didn't and scored and Bielsa instructed his players to allow Villa to score. Jansson refused to play along and tried to stop Villa scoring single handed. He almost succeeded.  So now he's defied Bielsa and guess what, he's off at the end of the season.  Leeds would surely be many points clear if he were still there.  Brentford wouldn't be in the playoff places. 

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on February 01, 2020, 11:10:09 PM

Don't think my body would be able to handle that ...

Skatzoffc

Never not funny watching Leeds losing.

But that goal by Wigan is one of the most preposterous flukes I have ever seen.

Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

WindyCity

""Re: Leeds are 'Lucky' to be in the top 6""

Haha, that's funny.  The exact can be said of our beloved FFC.  Very inconsistent all season along, supporters continue "waiting" for this team to turn good.  Win v Hudd yesterday microcosm of the season....Play very well for a short period of time, and then, poof, go bad, horrible defense and nearly drop points, at home, v a very weak side.  Thank goodness for Rodak, he saved this team 3 points.

Sure, nice to be third at this point, but only a handful of points above missing promotion chance entirely.

ps.....Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but looking realistically at this team, they really are not playing anywhere close to what I think most here expected.  They've had a nice run recently of wins/draws, but all with minimal winning margins (and that's ok, tough league and all) and mediocre overall perfromances against some rather weak competition in some cases.  Still waiting for some truly strong outings.  And they're gonna need some strong outings if they want promotion chance.  FFC could easily miss that chance based on performance of play to date.

COYW!