watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marek Rodak

Started by Riversider, February 01, 2020, 10:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

The club have been giving out some lucrative contracts recently, Cairney, Cavaleiro, Bobby D R, A.K, MacDonald, Johansen and no doubt to Hector, Kongolo and Arter to,
I sincerely hope that we as a Club have the good sense to offer Rodak a brand new 5 year contract, you've got to go back to the days of Schwarzer and EVDS since we last had a keeper as good as Rodak,
Without him today Huddersfield would have had 5 or 6 , a truly stunning performance.

Fulham76

Agree. A decent keeper is key to a good team & he's a great keeper. And still only 22-23? Only going to get better.

Made a couple of cracking saves today.

Dodgin

His contract is up summer of 21, maybe there is a option but hopefully he will get a new one and soon, before other clubs get interested.

Statto

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Dodgin on February 01, 2020, 11:55:40 PM
His contract is up summer of 21, maybe there is a option but hopefully he will get a new one and soon, before other clubs get interested.

I am sure every club in the UK is interested, I doubt any club has three goalkeepers of his standard.

Mince n Tatties

Yes need to get him on board with a new contract.
Lot of the Premier clubs are short of good keepers,no doubt if Marek carries on with these type displays, that they will come sniffing round in summer.

Andy S

Apart from the money I'm sure players are looking at Patrick Roberts and Ryan Sessignon and thinking they would have got more game time by the River Thames. We are doing well financially from selling promising players. Let's face it that is what they are at the moment

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Andy S on February 03, 2020, 01:14:16 AM
Apart from the money I'm sure players are looking at Patrick Roberts and Ryan Sessegnon and thinking they would have got more game time by the River Thames. We are doing well financially from selling promising players. Let's face it that is what they are at the moment

Ryan Sessegnon may have been wise to leave Fulham in order to get less game time and have a longer career, the last few years he has been playing more than  "Premier League 2" players play, which is based on the ideal number of games for under 23s a little more than 22 games per year at least according to Premier League 2 logic. The Premier League 2 competition is aimed at under 22-year-old players getting the ideal number of games per year, which is obviously according to there schedule around 22 games higher than this can lead to injuries. Hence, leaving Fulham to play less games is good for him having a long-career at least according to Premier League 2 logic.

Bassey the warrior

Must tie him down. Outatanding performance on Saturday.

charlieFFC

For me Rodak is probably the biggest asset at the club behind Mitro.

Obviously that statement is based on his current form, but you do feel if he carries on the way he is going he will be a top, top GK.

Jim©

He's looking very good at the moment, but being a top keeper is very much a confidence thing. Look at the Chelsea GK (£70m was he?) with the lowest save rate in the top european leagues and dropped. Look at those weird patches De Gea goes through when he can't catch a cold.
I hope we don't start expecting too much of him.
Agree that we should see him as a very valuable asset too, tie him down to a good contract and give him a few extra £s.

charlieFFC

Quote from: Jim© on February 03, 2020, 10:01:27 AM
He's looking very good at the moment, but being a top keeper is very much a confidence thing. Look at the Chelsea GK (£70m was he?) with the lowest save rate in the top european leagues and dropped. Look at those weird patches De Gea goes through when he can't catch a cold.
Agree that we should see him as a very valuable asset too, tie him down to a good contract and give him a few extra £s.

Agree, being a GK is a tough job, there was probably this exact thread and comments for Betts at one point. All it takes is a couple of howlers and people are calling for a replacement in the window.

Long may Rodak's form continue though...  049:gif

Fulham1959

Quote from: charlieFFC on February 03, 2020, 10:52:41 AM
Quote from: Jim© on February 03, 2020, 10:01:27 AM

Agree, being a GK is a tough job, there was probably this exact thread and comments for Betts at one point. All it takes is a couple of howlers and people are calling for a replacement in the window.

Long may Rodak's form continue though...  049:gif

Sensible comments from both posters.

Fulham1959

He won MOTM, but what an appalling video to illustrate the award (Fulham FC).

kiwian

Totally agree-I was looking forward to seeing all the saves with crowd noise and maybe commentary, instead got this tripe with a noise and video as if the producer was on acid. An insult to Marek's performance.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?