watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackburn up next

Started by Fernhurst, February 01, 2020, 11:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Haven't lost in four, tenth in the league and knowing the old fox Tony Mowbray he will have a shape and a plan to frustrate and wrestle the points from us. Played out a 1-1 draw up at Middlesbrough today but their goal was superb. Bit worried about this one, more than the following away game at Millwall.

Away game in the North West, let's hope for a good week building up to an outstanding result next Saturday. I'll settle for the same result as 2001 when we were decimated when Brevett was sent off early but we still won the match 1-2.
COYLW.  049:gif  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

We Are Premier League

A full week to get our new back 4 (bryan kongolo hector and odoi) to gel and get the front three (cav mitro reid)back in shape after injuries... I have a good feeling about February! :clap_hands:

fulhamben

If you are worried about this one, don't look at our remaining fixtures, this is arguably our easiest away fixture left. After Blackburn we have millwall derby Bristol city Leeds qpr Forrest Brom and Wigan. We have such a tough run in and I think all those dropped points against the so called easier teams will come back to haunt us. We really need to step up our game just to finish in the top 6 let alone automatics imo
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

southwest6

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 11:20:40 PM
If you are worried about this one, don't look at our remaining fixtures, this is arguably our easiest away fixture left. After Blackburn we have millwall derby Bristol city Leeds qpr Forrest Brom and Wigan. We have such a tough run in and I think all those dropped points against the so called easier teams will come back to haunt us. We really need to step up our game just to finish in the top 6 let alone automatics imo

I shared similar views to you until I read that they'd accumulated the most points out of any team over the last 12 games. Strangely I feel more confident going into games vs the top teams than I do the lesser teams. I'm not entirely sure whether this belief can be substantiated by the fact that we tend to do better against the better teams? I don't actually know what the stats say in that regard. Nevertheless, Blackburn and Millwall will be huge tests. To be honest, I'm more nervous about blackburn than I am Millwall... Can't make blackburn but will be at the Den on the 12th. Can't wait!

Anyone know how many are sold for blackburn?

Mince n Tatties

Blackburn are playing some good stuff,and creeping up the table without their best Bradley Dack.
The team I fear are Bristol City,right back in the hunt,good football side and also got that hard streak about them,what we lack in some departments.

Hatch007

I've got my tickets for the match. Taking my 9 y/o daughter and 12 y/o son.

We love an away day watching Fulham and travelling by train. The last time all three of us made an away trip together was Sheff Wed towards the back end of our mammoth 23- game unbeaten run.

Here's hoping for a similar result.

Scottie Parker's Black 'n' White Arrrrmeeee

COYW

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 01, 2020, 11:03:57 PM
Haven't lost in four, tenth in the league and knowing the old fox Tony Mowbray he will have a shape and a plan to frustrate and wrestle the points from us. Played out a 1-1 draw up at Middlesbrough today but their goal was superb. Bit worried about this one, more than the following away game at Millwall.

Away game in the North West, let's hope for a good week building up to an outstanding result next Saturday. I'll settle for the same result as 2001 when we were decimated when Brevett was sent off early but we still won the match 1-2.
COYLW.  049:gif  049:gif

Will we ever forget that night Fernhurst! Sourness claiming his side were the better one...his face at the final whistle is one that lives on vividly....  :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif

Fernhurst

Good Morning Captain
Yes, I still chuckle every time I think of Sourpusses face that night.
Luckily enough to meet Sean Davis couple of years ago and enveloped him in a huge bear hug and said " that's for the winning goal at Blackburn"

fulhamben

Lee Clark's after game comments will stay with me for ever
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fernhurst

Whisper it quietly, but, IF we were to have a hefty win and Leeds lose again, we slip into an automatic spot!!

049:gif  049:gif "Come on you Lillywhites " 049:gif  049:gif

SP

Lewis Holtby out for the season according to SKY.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 11:20:40 PM

I hear some people are talking about being happy with a point away against Blackburn, and the same logic means we should be happy with a point at Milwall, and Derby away too. But, if we draw those games we will go into most of the 6 point games (Bristol, Brentford, Leeds, Forest, and WBA) lower in the table than the other, needing to win, against a team happy with a draw and so we may be facing a Parked Bus needing to win. Not Easy.

Beating Blackburn now that need to win another 9 wins to make the playoffs (i.e draws are not going enough for them), will be a lot easier than beating Bristol, Brentford, Leeds, Forest and WBA that will be happy to "Park the Bus" if they start those games higher up the table in those 6 point games  (i.e draws are going enough for them if it means they stay above us).

Alternatively, if win the next 6 games then most of the games against Bristol, Brentford, Leeds, Forest, and WBA are must-win for them not us, that is like starting the match a goal up, forces them to attack and we have the players punish any team pushing too far up the pitch.

Fulhamfan666

FulhamKC

Will we ever forget that night Fernhurst! Sourness claiming his side were the better one...his face at the final whistle is one that lives on vividly....  :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif
[/quote]

Souness really p****d me off that year claiming his side was better than ours!