watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Atmosphere

Started by Andy S, February 03, 2020, 11:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westlondonffc

On another note, only 1,337 sold for Millwall next week. That is just appalling, no excuses

MJG

Quote from: Westlondonffc on February 05, 2020, 09:15:24 AM
On another note, only 1,337 sold for Millwall next week. That is just appalling, no excuses
what number would be acceptable?
Just the views of a long term fan

Peabody

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on February 04, 2020, 08:25:57 PM
The only way Fulham's atmosphere will improve (and this goes for all clubs in England) is to embrace more "ultra/s" football culture e.g Bundesliga-esque. Our fan demographic is horrible as is proof with all the coffin dodgers on here lol.
Now I know that is a dig lol and your support over the years has been great...what I'm trying to say is you're not the future and the club need to engage more with younger fans to attract new ffc fans. And young fans(for the most part) are more energetic/vocal etc. My point is we need to revolutionize the fan culture of this club to complete with the other 15 professional clubs in london and further a field to keep the fan base strong for years to come.

Oi, we've done our singing and you really don't want to hear me singing, if that's the right word.

WokingFFC

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 05, 2020, 08:37:01 AM
Our atmosphere is pretty terrible, if not helped by the acoustics of the ground (especially now). Even in the Hammy half the people dont join in with the chants. We do have some really great vocal fans, and that is evident in away games but they're just diluted out at home. It's always disappointed me a little. Each to their own I guess but joining in is a huge part of the experience for me. It gets the endorphins and competitive juices going and helps you connect with the players on the pitch. People who watch the game through their phones really do grate me though. I get recordings a small segment to share that you were at the game maybe, but whole minutes of play? I guarantee you're not going to watch that video again!!

I tend to agree with the majority of this, however, Hammy End has always been like that. My now wife and I were "Greenpoler's" in our younger days (80's and 90's) and even then half the Hammy End did not sing. Now in our mid 50's , my wife I still mix with the youth towards the back of the Hammy End, stand all game and sing our songs long and proud (well most!). Last year I was surrounded by youth as we were in the prem, all standing, singing and joining in, this year, there are new faces and some spaces. I think if we return to the prem this will be the catalyst to us seeing a new wave of younger people coming to the games.

Westlondonffc

Quote from: MJG on February 05, 2020, 09:38:07 AM
Well seeing as we're third in the league and have ambitions of selling out a 30,000 stadium we shouldn't be struggling to sell out a London Derby. Just my opinion. Maybe there's too much swearing in South East London for some of our fans.

MJG

Quote from: Westlondonffc on February 05, 2020, 09:49:29 AM
Well seeing as we're third in the league and have ambitions of selling out a 30,000 stadium we shouldn't be struggling to sell out a London Derby. Just my opinion. Maybe there's too much swearing in South East London for some of our fans.
So 4K is the answer to my question then?

KingofCheese

I wouldn't go to Millwall unless paid and even then it would have to be a fair amount of money.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Andy S

Totally agree neither would i

Andy S

As far as swearing goes at football grounds, I remember words being changed to a Fulham song years ago "He's here he's there were not allowed to swear Barry Lloyd". So why do people feel the need to put swear words into songs today. We can all do it so nobody is going to look big by doing it.

Southdowns White

Quote from: KingofCheese on February 05, 2020, 10:23:16 AM

I wouldn't go to Millwall unless paid and even then it would have to be a fair amount of money.
I've never had a problem there, never seen us lose there, keep your head down after the game it will be fine. I won't be going next week as midweek it's a pain getting back for me.

MJG

Quote from: Southdowns White on February 05, 2020, 01:50:12 PM

I've never had a problem there, never seen us lose there, keep your head down after the game it will be fine. I won't be going next week as midweek it's a pain getting back for me.
Not had a problem in recent years at their place, get train, walk to ground and get out and no issues.
I think Charlton away sapped a lot out of people, such a dire game of football the thought of once again going into deepest south east London on a midweek is just not appealing. If we were playing with more conviction and dare, I say excitement then maybe more would go. But as I have said elsewhere, this is the most uninspiring Promotion challenge I have ever known.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Southdowns White on February 05, 2020, 01:50:12 PM

Ditto for an evening game there. Public transport home is a no no and, whereas I don't mind driving for a couple of hours after an evening home game, driving to/from that neck of the woods is just not on.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mr K.Dilkington

I just wish the club would create an "ultras" section down near the corner flag where the JH flag used to be.
I wish they'd get with the times;it would help us short and long term. If not the fan base is going to dwindle...it's inevitable.
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

I would love to go,but football/transport isn't cheap and I live on the south coast. Some people do take a hardline stance lol.
Foolish ham

SP

I fall into the group that are disillusioned by the trip to Charlton after a full days work & with an early start the next morning.

Another concern for me is the state of Millwall's pitch, it's a vegetable patch.