more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stansfield Goes Pro

Started by Fulham1959, February 05, 2020, 05:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Stansfield Goes Pro

The Club is delighted to confirm that Jay Stansfield has signed his first professional contract.

The 17-year-old striker has made two first team appearances since signing in the summer from Exeter City on a scholarship basis.

After making a name for himself in the Under-18s team, scoring 22 times, Stansfield earned a call-up to the Under-23s side where he scored 11 minutes after coming off the bench.

The form didn't go unnoticed as he made Scott Parker's squad for the FA Cup win against Aston Villa where he played the final eight minutes. He then retained his place on the bench for the next three Championship fixtures and made his league debut against Charlton.

The young forward was bursting with pride following the signing of his deal.

"It's been a great start here and I'm really happy to be able to sign a pro at Fulham." He told fulhamfc.com. "I didn't think the contract would come as quickly as it did. I thought I'd have to settle in and wait at least a season. I've taken my chance and signed my pro, but I didn't think I'd score as many goals as I have.

"I'd put this down to the hard work in training. I practice every morning before training on my finishing. The whole team around me has helped me get to where I am. The defence and midfield around me have been a huge help. Most of my goals have come through the team and I wouldn't have been able to do it without them.

"I hope to start playing regular Under-23 football and get a few more chances with the first team."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/february/05/stansfield-goes-pro

General

Now all together - 'let's hope they don't do a moussa dembele again on us' - 'let's hope at the least for another ryan sessegnon or Marek Rodak'.

One day I'd love to see us settled in the premiership and all the players who've made the grade and played for and with each other at the club come back and play for our first team.

You'd have Rodak, Dembele, Sessegnon,... there's still time for Roberts and maybe a few others...

filham

Wouldn't it be great to see a young  striker like Stansfield make the grade and be scoring in the first team.

Our coaching staff must make sure they get everything right with this lad as us fans need a success in this case.

sunburywhite

Possibly the best signing of the season
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SG

I hope Exeter did alright out of this because they are the club who have nurtured him for years. Clearly rated at Motspur Park given his rate of progress. Good luck young man.

The Rational Fan

Anyone know when he has signed with Fulham until?

bog

Quote from: SG on February 05, 2020, 07:42:09 PM
I hope Exeter did alright out of this because they are the club who have nurtured him for years. Clearly rated at Motspur Park given his rate of progress. Good luck young man.

Exactly SG. If I find out we have ripped Exeter off I will not be happy.  :031:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bog on February 05, 2020, 08:39:26 PM
Quote from: SG on February 05, 2020, 07:42:09 PM

Exactly SG. If I find out we have ripped Exeter off I will not be happy.  :031:

If we could rip off Liverpool and Exter rip off us then I would be happier than what has happened.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We were lucky to pick him up but he was playing in the shadow of his father at Exeter and really needed to get away.
My opinion but that is how I would imagine the situation to have been.

AnOldBrownie

Get in young White!!!!! :clap_hands:

Glad we didn't sign another striker in the transfer window.    Hope we have the opportunity to give him some minutes against quality competition (for more than 10 minutes).

With him and Timmy Abraham on the squad the future of the #9 spot looks strong.   

Mince n Tatties

Was reading other day another Exeter kid (16) who has already played for them,has chosen us ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 05, 2020, 09:02:29 PM
Get in young White!!!!! :clap_hands:

Glad we didn't sign another striker in the transfer window.    Hope we have the opportunity to give him some minutes against quality competition (for more than 10 minutes).

With him and Timmy Abraham on the squad the future of the #9 spot looks strong.   

And the lad from Raith Rovers who's gone back on loan for rest of their season.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Where has it been said that the Raith Rover's lad had signed for ius? The Scottish Courier announced the signing  'subject to final formalities ' or words to that effect but since then there has been no further newspaper report.
People have been complaining about the lack of an announced on the Official but there has been nothing on the Raith Rovers site or other gossip columns either.
Let's hope they are keeping it under wraps until the end of the season when he finally leaves Raith Rovers.

grandad

I think he can only sign a 2 year contract until he is 17.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 06, 2020, 09:40:45 AM
Where has it been said that the Raith Rover's lad had signed for ius? The Scottish Courier announced the signing  'subject to final formalities ' or words to that effect but since then there has been no further newspaper report.
People have been complaining about the lack of an announced on the Official but there has been nothing on the Raith Rovers site or other gossip columns either.
Let's hope they are keeping it under wraps until the end of the season when he finally leaves Raith Rovers.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/february/06/kieron-bowie-signs

Love this as my Dad went to Kirkcaldy High and Raith is his scottish team. Good luck to the wee lad, will watch with interest!

Mince n Tatties

Nice comments from them at Raith Rovers.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Everything comes to those who wait!

Mr K.Dilkington

Congratulations yids/scousers on your new signing! There's barely any point getting excited for these players as they get given away like the free to collect section on Gumtree,
Foolish ham