https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good Call

Started by Arthur, February 08, 2020, 05:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 08, 2020, 08:19:26 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 08, 2020, 07:33:30 PM
4 clean sheets out of 5 playing together (minus city game ) says quite a lot really.

The goals conceded against City were all on Hector, we conceded no goals with Ream on the field.  086.gif

I assume you're joking but this (plus the fact that Hector, but not Ream, started against Huddersfield) illustrates why we shouldn't infer a causal connection between (a) a particular player being in the starting line-up and (b) the result. Because in this case it implies that our recent good defensive stats are attributable to Ream, and nothing to do with Hector (or Mcdonald)

Whitesideup

4 clean sheets out of 5 playing together (minus city game ) says quite a lot really.

The goals conceded against City were all on Hector, we conceded no goals with Ream on the field.  086.gif
Lol !!

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2020, 08:25:53 PM

I assume you're joking but this illustrates why we shouldn't infer a causal connection between (a) a particular player being in the starting line-up and (b) the result

I agree completely, as it is a team game with many variables.. I was hoping the emoji (?) would give the joke away, yes.

Matt10

I don't think it was a matter of Ream starting vs Kongolo, and even then it's not just the sync between both CBs. It's just as much about the familiarity of Ream and Bryan on the left side of the pitch. Bryan has a license to go forward because Ream is assured on the ball and recovers well in transition. Someone mentioned McDonald, but to be honest, he was out of sorts in the first half - often being behind the run of play, which is why he fouled 3-4x in the first half alone.

I personally would like to see Kongolo, however this isn't FIFA where you can just pair any player in with another. Ream and Hector have the best understanding between eachother, but so do Ream and Bryan. I do not think that should be underestimated at all. It will take time, so I do expect Kongolo to come in as a sub - especially when we're at a 5 back to hold on - or to relieve Ream of match exhaustion.

RaySmith

Yes, football is a team game, and it's all about partnerships at cb, and  understanding between players, especially in defence.

But I expect Kongolo to be introduced gradually.

Porthogs FC

Agreed, SP continues to learn. One thing for certain, Mitro is on fire, and might be a 30 goal scorer this season. Player of the season I would suspect.

sunburywhite

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 08, 2020, 05:31:54 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on February 08, 2020, 05:30:14 PM
What a player Hector is looking like as well. Composed and assured on the ball. Ok, a couple of silly stray passes but what a difference he has made to the confidence in that back line and he has great control and passing ability. COYW.

This. He has been nothing short of superb. There was a lot of expectation ahead of his debut but I'd say he's exceeding it at present. Lost count of the clearances today.

Also he had the benefit of traing with the team since the summer so wasnt thrown in cold
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Matt10 on February 09, 2020, 12:25:21 AM
I don't think it was a matter of Ream starting vs Kongolo, and even then it's not just the sync between both CBs. It's just as much about the familiarity of Ream and Bryan on the left side of the pitch. Bryan has a license to go forward because Ream is assured on the ball and recovers well in transition. Someone mentioned McDonald, but to be honest, he was out of sorts in the first half - often being behind the run of play, which is why he fouled 3-4x in the first half alone.

I personally would like to see Kongolo, however this isn't FIFA where you can just pair any player in with another. Ream and Hector have the best understanding between eachother, but so do Ream and Bryan. I do not think that should be underestimated at all. It will take time, so I do expect Kongolo to come in as a sub - especially when we're at a 5 back to hold on - or to relieve Ream of match exhaustion.
Agree. Good post.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

ffcne

Exactly ,Why change it ?