watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Blackburn Rovers

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 08, 2020, 01:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

The last two posts imply that Ream played well. May I ask whether you both watched the game?

Count Flapula

Last 4 league games Ream started have been clean sheets.

Sting of the North

I did watch the game. Ream played ok as he most often does. That's usually enough when the rest of the team also plays at least ok.

My post did not imply anything other than that I thought the "the manager bottled" it was way over the top. Hence the opposite way over the top comment. I thought that was fairly obvious.

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2020, 05:08:44 PM
The last two posts imply that Ream played well. May I ask whether you both watched the game?

Whether you or anyone else thinks Ream did or didn't play well isn't really relevant to what the manager thinks.  With Hector and Ream paired in four Championship matches Fulham has four clean sheets and have allowed less than one shot on goal per match.  As a pairing they are producing superb results.  Why would any manager break up a pairing that is producing those results until they have good reason to do so. 
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2020, 05:08:44 PM

This. I logged in to see if The Tim Ream Fan Club were going to be on claiming merit and lo and behold...

Now, I'm not going to slag him off based on it (a clean sheet is a clean sheet) but it was hardly a top performance, was it? Hector did literally everything today - probably the best CB performance I've seen since Brede. I could have partnered him today and we would have kept a clean sheet... He looked shaky all game and still made me nervous.

Sting of the North

And funnily enough no one has claimed that Ream was great. I think that "Tim Ream fan club" is only in your head. Strange to try to invent an argument the first thing after a good win. In my opinion.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 08, 2020, 05:13:27 PM
I did watch the game. Ream played ok as he most often does. That's usually enough when the rest of the team also plays at least ok.

My post did not imply anything other than that I thought the "the manager bottled" it was way over the top. Hence the opposite way over the top comment. I thought that was fairly obvious.

If, after watching a match, you go almost immediately onto the forum and write a short post undermining a suggestion, posted by another poster prior to the match, that Kongolo should start ahead of Ream, that implies that starting Ream was the right decision which in turn implies that he played well. That's implied whether you meant it or not.

But anyway, perhaps not worth arguing over.

I was just genuinely intrigued as to whether you and Alfie were commenting based on your own observation of Ream's performance or just making an assumption about his performance based on the scoreline.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 08, 2020, 05:20:43 PM
And funnily enough no one has claimed that Ream was great. I think that "Tim Ream fan club" is only in your head. Strange to try to invent an argument the first thing after a good win. In my opinion.

The first comments on after the match finished, after a good win, on what was a lineup thread, we're both about Ream and trying to shoehorn a point. It writes itself, I'm afraid.

Sting of the North

As I wrote in my last post, my first post was aimed against what I interpreted as complete exaggeration in the initial post. Sorry if it could be read otherwise.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 08, 2020, 05:24:12 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 08, 2020, 05:20:43 PM

The first comments on after the match finished, after a good win, on what was a lineup thread, we're both about Ream and trying to shoehorn a point. It writes itself, I'm afraid.

And still there is no one saying Ream is great. Think most of the writing is still in your head. I'm afraid.