News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brentford v Leeds tonight - what result is best for us?

Started by Southcoastffc, February 11, 2020, 12:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Riversider on February 11, 2020, 02:31:07 PM
A draw is a good result for Leeds, why does anybody on here want a good result for them to boost their confidence ?
Big Brentford win for me, then we'll worry about Brentford later.
We can't tell which one of the two will be challenging for the top spots in a dozen games time so right now it is best for us if they both drop two points rather than  one of them pick up three points.

filham

Quote from: grandad on February 11, 2020, 03:43:41 PM
How about the match to be called off due to the weather. We win tomorrow & go 2nd. They both have a fixture pile up.
Called of in the 80th minute , give them time to expend some energy and pick up some cards.

Denver Fulham

1. Draw
2. Brentford win (since they're trailing us and we get them at home but play Leeds away)
3. Leeds win

You can spin all outcomes as decent, though. Brentford may be the best team in the league, so having them lose may be helpful later. We really need to make more hay in the next five matches. Our final 10 are very difficult and far harder than the other promotion competitors.

Fulham 442

Looking good for the draw so far. And Forest losing too!

AnOldBrownie

:HD: :yay:

Good day.   

Now lets not freak out if we only draw tomorrow.   

Southcoastffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 11, 2020, 09:43:33 PM
:HD: :yay:

Good day.   

Now lets not freak out if we only draw tomorrow.   
:plus one:  049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Skatzoffc

Draw is good. But irrelevant if we don't win tomorrow.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 11, 2020, 09:55:09 PM
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Every result has relevance, even if we lose tomorrow.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Sting of the North

It is of course not irrelevant if we don't win tomorrow, since there are many games left to play. I see absolutely no logic behind this. We are only trailing second on goal difference, which will still be true if we lose tomorrow. Much better than being 3 points behind.

HV71

Not that irrelevant- if ,as you say, we lose tomorrow we will bea point behind and not level . So how can the Old Brownie Post be  irrelevant? Many games left but  I point and goal difference can still be vital

WindyCity

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 11, 2020, 10:00:12 PM
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Every result has relevance, even if we lose tomorrow.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

With fewer and fewer games left, I should think maybe we're in 'sprint' mode right about now.  Still gonna be tough to make top two, but with a revived backline, maybe it's possible.  A draw today would be disappointing, but let's hope we come away with point(s) at Millwall.  Tough road ahead though, will be facing many of the top clubs, many away, so FFC needs to win those games we're 'supposed to win' against mid/lower table sides.  COYW!