more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream or Kongolo? Millwall starting XI

Started by FulhamStu, February 09, 2020, 01:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 10, 2020, 04:58:37 PM
Perhaps I'm being a skeptic, but I question a player who wasn't first choice at a team that has slipped 48 goals and is 16 spots below us in the table as being ready to be our savior. For some reason Ream has been a target ever since he has been at Fulham except for that wonderful run that got us promoted. Fulham fans always have to have someone to beat on and always believe that the latest incomer is the messiah. The word delusional comes to mind. That comes as a side effect of the Fulham disease we all seem to have. LOL
Kongolo is bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic. However, is he better on the ball, a better reader of the game, a better positioner? Does he fit Parker's game plan? Does he mesh well with Hector?
In the end, he likely will start; as long as he has a football brain. That is not in evidence as yet nor are his defensive skills.

Players go to new teams and succeed all the time. Look at Stearman - he left us and then ended up doing great with Sheff Utd in their promotion.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 11, 2020, 07:27:49 AM
Perhaps I'm being a skeptic, but I question a player who wasn't first choice at a team that has slipped 48 goals and is 16 spots below us in the table as being ready to be our savior. For some reason Ream has been a target ever since he has been at Fulham except for that wonderful run that got us promoted. Fulham fans always have to have someone to beat on and always believe that the latest incomer is the messiah. The word delusional comes to mind. That comes as a side effect of the Fulham disease we all seem to have. LOL
Kongolo is bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic. However, is he better on the ball, a better reader of the game, a better positioner? Does he fit Parker's game plan? Does he mesh well with Hector?
In the end, he likely will start; as long as he has a football brain. That is not in evidence as yet nor are his defensive skills.

Kongolo (like Mawson) is a much much better defender than Ream, but given Ream's performance this season being better than Kongolo, such selection decision is difficult.

It's good to hear that Kongolo is much much better than Tim Ream. As a matter of interest where have you been watching him?

YankeeJim

Quote from: Twig on February 11, 2020, 06:33:42 PM

Kongolo (like Mawson) is a much much better defender than Ream, but given Ream's performance this season being better than Kongolo, such selection decision is difficult.

It's good to hear that Kongolo is much much better than Tim Ream. As a matter of interest where have you been watching him?

If your addressing me, I've watched him on the telly on the few occasions that he has appeared. If you read my comments, I didn't say he was better defender merely more of a physical specimen. Our dear mate Rational hasn't given me the impression that he is a Ream fan so what he said is to be expected. Of course, he might spends his days at Huddlesfield's training ground and have far greater knowledge than either you or me.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 11, 2020, 07:00:55 PM
Quote from: Twig on February 11, 2020, 06:33:42 PM

If your addressing me, I've watched him on the telly on the few occasions that he has appeared. If you read my comments, I didn't say he was better defender merely more of a physical specimen. Our dear mate Rational hasn't given me the impression that he is a Ream fan so what he said is to be expected. Of course, he might spends his days at Huddlesfield's training ground and have far greater knowledge than either you or me.

Correct, I am not a Ream fan but I was the only person (out of 14 fans) that placed him in my lineup over Kongolo for "Blackburn XI" Thread. I have seen Kongolo in the premier league and at his best he is better than Ream, but Kongolo was pretty poor for Huddersfield this year. Hector-Ream-Rodak is good enough against Milwall and teams with much worse CBs than Ream have won the Championship so he is good enough, we should stick with defense for now and improve our attacking play.

love4ffc

It'll be Ream as Scotty has said that Kongolo is in doubt during hie Millwall preview. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Twig

Quote from: love4ffc on February 12, 2020, 01:18:53 AM
It'll be Ream as Scotty has said that Kongolo is in doubt during hie Millwall preview. 

Yes I saw that and I think it settles the debate for now.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on February 12, 2020, 10:44:51 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on February 12, 2020, 01:18:53 AM

Yes I saw that and I think it settles the debate for now.

It settles any debate about who will start tonight, which was always going to be Ream, even if Kongolo was fit, given we won and kept a clean sheet in our last match.

However my interpretation is the debate was originally about who was the more talented player and who should be first choice in the long-term (the reference to Millwall in the thread title was, I believe, only added after if started). Ream playing tonight doesn't settle, or really have any bearing on, that debate.

Hatch007

I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if this has already been posted but ...

I was on the same train home as the players on Saturday and Kongolo was limping really badly, like could hardly walk. Surprised he wasn't on crutches it looked that uncomfortable.

filham

So the question is who is the better player Ream or Kongolo.
Ream has made 181 appearances for us to date.  I will wait for Kongolo to have a few good games for us before I think of choosing him.