watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It isn't my intent to single out players

Started by southwest6, February 15, 2020, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

But does anyone have any inside information as to why Scott is so irrationally attached to Onomah?
The guy was so poor in the first half (at least that's how I saw it) and easily the weakest link in that midfield trio, yet Parker decides to keep him on and take Mac and Cairney off? It is devoid of any reason. What on earth does Onomah have over Parker? A sex tape? 

I've been trying to support Parker for a while, however, these last two performances (i'm aware that most of our performances have been vanilla to say the least but it seems that these last two have been exceptionally poor) suggest that the players don't have faith in him. What do we do now?

My deepest condolences to those who went to the game today.

DevonFFC

He scored against Leeds which basically changed all the fans opinions. Now he plays with no clear role, no set position and is actually a bang average player.

Neil D

He showed a lot more willingness than his teammates.   What was Sessegnon doing there in place of Odoi?  Why bring on Arter in place of Cairney.   Kamara deserves an honourable mention.  Otherwise dross.

Bill2

He was very poor today but then so was everybody else. I really couldn't fathom out where he was meant to be playing.

Bill2

Quote from: Neil D on February 15, 2020, 05:26:15 PM
He showed a lot more willingness than his teammates.   What was Sessegnon doing there in place of Odoi?  Why bring on Arter in place of Cairney.   Kamara deserves an honourable mention.  Otherwise dross.
Agree about AK, my MOTM as at least he made something happen.

Whitestone

Nobody came out of today's game with any credit except Kamara who gave his all when he came on. Onomah was no worse than anyone else. He's still developing as a player too. If there is a player that Parker is attached to its Arter and it's costing Johansen a place. Ridiculous to replace Cairney with Arter.

southwest6

Quote from: Whitestone on February 15, 2020, 05:36:30 PM
Nobody came out of today's game with any credit except Kamara who gave his all when he came on. Onomah was no worse than anyone else. He's still developing as a player too. If there is a player that Parker is attached to its Arter and it's costing Johansen a place. Ridiculous to replace Cairney with Arter.

Yep hard to see what Stef has done wrong. Deserves to be playing more regularly

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Whitestone on February 15, 2020, 05:36:30 PM

Deserved to go off...
I'd drop Cairney, hasn't performed all season hardly.

hovewhite

Stefan needs to play maybe likes of O'Riley and AK also Parker I think he will be out before end of the season.

brightster

Thought Onomah was poor but still ran and gave everything, as for Tom, forgot he was playing let alone our captain, I wanted Johanson on instead of Arter for Tom, couldn't make out the K MAC sub though!

millsy

Onomah like a lost soul. Mitro isolated again. Our wingers AWOL. Rodák had an off day.
Add to the above, awful conditions for a possession based team and a pack of terriers like Barnsley who played like a proper team and a humiliating, perhaps season-defining, result is an unsurprising outcome.

filham

The really bad news is that at this stage of the season Parker is still searching for his best line up, and for that matter so are we the fans.
We have a good squad but except for Rodak, Hector and Mitro are there any automatic choices.

Denver Fulham

I've been trying to suss out what our midfield is actually asked to do. Mitrovic is always isolated and we lose a ton of second balls off his initial headers. The two wings are instructed to play really wide and end up isolated. I can't recall the last incisive forward pass Cairney has made and he's not a box to box type, so he doesn't end up often enough as a target for the crosses that have to come in because our wings are isolated and often double-teamed. Onomah's more of a dribbler than a passer.

I don't know ... other than we looked toothless, disjointed and figured out. Nine goals in our last nine league matches. Eight with one goal or fewer. The results have somewhat papered over this until today, although many people have been warning that our table position has been inflated.

With our remaining schedule, we very well might miss the playoffs altogether.

YankeeJim

I asked this on the game day thread.

What exactly does Arter bring to a team that is down 2 nil?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

davew

AK always gets a lot of appreciation on this forum when he comes on as a sub, but he hardly ever performs when he is in the starting 11, our MOTM today apparently, so will he be in the starting 11 on Friday?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HV71

What exactly does Arter bring to a team that is down 2 nil?

I wondered why he was on the pitch against Millwall- I was completely amazed when he came on today . Add to this that Odoi played well midweek and was dropped today and you just begin to wonder on what basis he picks the team. Don't even start to get me on whyK MAC was dragged off or why Stefjo appears out of favour

NewYorkYank

It is quite clear now that, under Parker, Onomah is now the indispensable man.  Cairney comes and goes, McDonald comes and goes, Arter comes and goes, Johansen just goes, yet through it all Onomah plays 90 minutes.  I confess that I am bewildered by what he has done to earn this exalted status.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he can display good close control in crowded spaces and can sometimes use his physicality in the middle, he is (except for an occasional run against Milwall) slow of pace, and he possesses absolutely no creativity in the final third.  The game passes him by for long periods (did he have six touches in the first half yesterday?)  It is no coincidence that, since his introduction to the starting lineup, the goals have dried up.  Except for Luton, Fulham has maxed out at two goals.

Playing him with McDonald sucks all of the offense out of the team.  Not only does neither offer much going forward, but they deprive Cairney of any outlets.  With the wings playing so wide, to whom does Cairney have to pass?  Personally, I think Johansen had arguably his best season through Xmas, and that, in his last real start against Aston Villa (I discount Man City), he was man of the match.  What did he do to get benched?  In addition, he brings a grit that is sorely missing.

Go back to Derby, when the midfield was D-Reid, Cairney, and Johansen.  The team has not had such a fluid game since.  Such a lineup would, in my view, have been more effective against Barnsley.  Playing two defensive midfielders against a last place team is bizarre.

b+w geezer

Quote from: NewYorkYank on February 16, 2020, 03:37:09 PMWhat did he [Johansen] do to get benched?
Won't repeat the quote I've posted in another thread, but Stefan has reportedly been in constant pain from a knee injury, unable to give 100%. If that remains the case, it may explain it.

HV71

If Stefjo is injured then why is he on the bench ? Surely the only reason would've if we need him in an emergency.... if that is the case the what was yesterday other than an emergency? The substitutions made little it no sense