News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Genuine Question Did the Weather have a big affect today 15/02/2020) ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 15, 2020, 10:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

I haven't seen any highlights yet, did the Storm have a big factor ?

ByTheRiver

If Barcelona lost against Tolworth could the weather be a genuine excuse? We lost 3-0, and were completely outplayed and outfought, from the first minute to the last, at home, with the most expensive squad in the league, against the team rock bottom who hadn't won for 5 or six games.

But yeah, bit of wind and rain. Must have been tough for our boys.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Yes, it was a genuine question.

I have now seen the goals , and the second one seems to deffo have been affected to me by the odd weather. Our keeper had a mare too, though.

Woolly Mammoth

Only by causing me to take longer to get home as the wind was against me all the way.
NO EXCUSES.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 15, 2020, 10:38:33 PM
Yes, it was a genuine question.

In that case, yeah, it probably did make it more of a 'leveller'. The wind at times was bad. Corners blown out of play, etc. However, it is the same for both sides, you change ends at half time so both have the wind against you for equal lengths of times and, ultimately, we should be the 'football' team, keeping it on the deck and so on, so no. I don't feel it was a big reason that we lost 0-3 to a team that will be in League One next season.

fulhamben

Yes, we would have probably lost 6 0 if it had of been fairer weather, such was Barnsley dominance over us in every position
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ffc73

Yes, if you are of the view that the weather gave one team the intensity and belief in themselves to get the ball down, play incisive passing football at pace and work their socks off for one another whilst the weather had the complete opposite affect on the other team.

Spirit of 2000

Same weather for both sides, Parker showed how naive he is tactically and the Austrian fella battered him