News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vote:Which midfielder or attacking wide position should we upgrade?

Started by The Rational Fan, January 20, 2020, 01:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which midfielder or attacking wide midfielder position should we upgrade first?

Defensive Midfielder #6
17 (18.7%)
Central Midfielder #8
7 (7.7%)
Attacking Midfielder #10
14 (15.4%)
Right Winger #7
9 (9.9%)
Left Winger #11
0 (0%)
None - No upgrades in these positions
44 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: January 25, 2020, 01:36:39 AM

Jim©

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 30, 2020, 01:03:42 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 30, 2020, 08:18:33 AM

As for Fabri last season, there were 228 "shots on target" aimed at our goal. If FFC had saved 76% of them as Fabri did, we would have only conceded 54 goals (instead of 81 goals), our goal difference would have been only 20 goals and we probably wouldn't have been relegated.

The save percentage thing is such a weird hill to die on. Even you must admit that it's not a relevant statistic as the sample size is so small.

He's only managed a couple of games for Mallorca this season, who are also hovering just about the relegation zone.

Personally I thought Fabri took the blame for defeats against Palace and Spurs when he actually played pretty well. Why he disappeared (along with the GK coach that brought him) and poor old Betts came in (and had the 37th best stats of all GKs used in the prem last season) I have no idea.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jim© on January 30, 2020, 01:27:32 PM

Personally I thought Fabri took the blame for defeats against Palace and Spurs when he actually played pretty well. Why he disappeared (along with the GK coach that brought him) and poor old Betts came in (and had the 37th best stats of all GKs used in the prem last season) I have no idea.

We need to stop blaming individuals as much and blaming the teamwork more, which would have been easy against Palace given 7 of the 11 joined in the previous 5 weeks.

The Rational Fan

Only a month ago 48.5% of voters said "Parker has all the players Fulham needs in central midfield and attacking wide". I wonder if fans think that now.