watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR (A)

Started by RAF_Fulham, February 28, 2020, 04:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF_Fulham

I thought I would use this post as a way of introducing myself and getting some advice for the upcoming QPR match.

I find myself here as a lifelong football fan, I used to follow my hometown team (Scarborough FC), but alas they exist no more. Work has seen me move around quite abit, so I've never settled on a team to follow and have bounced around just trying to get to live football matches here and there.

My partner now lives and works in the H&F district, so Barnsley (H) was my first venture to the Cottage, probably foolishly I have signed up to membership and got myself and a friend tickets for QPR. Will be getting myself to the Cottage on a regular basis from now on! So there we go, a brief intro.....go easy on me for being a Northern Turn coat!  093.gif

So QPR, any suggestions on where to head pre-match? Will people be finding pubs around the ground?

fulhamfan

General

The Crabtree is the best pub en route, or the blue boat - both on the river, one 2/3rds of the way up the route and the blue boat is near hammersmith. Then you can walk the entire route by the river to the stadium. If it's too windy/rainy then you can walk parallel to the river to and from the crabtree.

WhiteJC

the Bircklayers on the other side of the River in Putney is a nice pub plus you'll get the walk through Bishops Park to the ground

Dr Know

Considering the games in Shepherds Bush the above posts are somewhat irrelevant!

Twig

Not sure about the pubs near QPR ground for the away match.  Not so long ago we spent a couple of seasons there while our ground was having a bit of a facelift and I didn't like any of the local pubs.
near Fulham I use the Crabtree because I walk from Hammersmith, if you are walking from Putney there are other options.

One thing my wife and I like to do in the better weather (remember that?) is walk back towards Hammersmith, under the suspension bridge to The Dove for an after match drink and a an inquest on the game.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

Quote from: Dr Know on February 28, 2020, 06:23:57 PM
Considering the games in Shepherds Bush the above posts are somewhat irrelevant!
yep thought the same 😂😂
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SP

Welcome.  We normally end up in the Westfield shopping centre for a bite to eat. 15 minutes walk to the ground.

Andy S

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: RAF_Fulham on February 28, 2020, 04:19:06 PM
I thought I would use this post as a way of introducing myself and getting some advice for the upcoming QPR match.

I find myself here as a lifelong football fan, I used to follow my hometown team (Scarborough FC), but alas they exist no more. Work has seen me move around quite a bit, so I've never settled on a team to follow and have bounced around just trying to get to live football matches here and there.
I am in exile in Scarborough and their team is still going ok.  Watched them a few month back at their new ground, back in Scarborough (They were away in Bridlington for a few years). They now have a tidy little ground, albeit with a plastic pitch!
Enjoy the Cottage :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

RAF_Fulham

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 28, 2020, 11:18:03 PM
Quote from: RAF_Fulham on February 28, 2020, 04:19:06 PM

I find myself here as a lifelong football fan, I used to follow my hometown team (Scarborough FC), but alas they exist no more. Work has seen me move around quite a bit, so I've never settled on a team to follow and have bounced around just trying to get to live football matches here and there.
I am in exile in Scarborough and their team is still going ok.  Watched them a few month back at their new ground, back in Scarborough (They were away in Bridlington for a few years). They now have a tidy little ground, albeit with a plastic pitch!
Enjoy the Cottage :)

Kept an eye on Athletic over the years, they've done pretty good. A lot of politics involved with the break up of SFC and the folks involved with SAFC being formed, which has always kept me away. Maybe I'll head back sometime! Do you get back down to the Cottage much?