watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Twelve games remaining all important

Started by The Swan, February 23, 2020, 07:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

All very important so we must start with two wins at home. Following our two home games we have three away and one at home.
March is a very difficult.Bristol ,Leeds and QPR away only Brentford at home.
Onto April we have three at home Birmingham, Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday , and two away) Forest and West Brom away.
Our last game is away to Wigan( who may be fighting for survival.

Simple we need to win all twelve games to be sure of an automatic slot.
The Swan

70sPimlico

So, the way we are playing my gut feeling is we

Lose to

Preston, QPR, Leeds, Brentford, W Brom and Sheff weds

Draw with

Bristol, Forest, Swansea and cardiff

Win

Birmingham & Wigan

SP

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 23, 2020, 08:11:31 PM

Lose to

Draw with

Win

Birmingham & Wigan

Being Fulham, I'll predict the exact opposite!

St Eve

Lose to

Draw with

Win

Birmingham & Wigan
Mmmm. 10 points out of 36. Should be a top ten finish then.

Woolly Mammoth

It's difficult to forecast as Fulham are so unpredictable.
One thing is for certain unless we step it up a gear, and raise the tempo, to assist in getting a lot more out of this system of play, I feel we will miss the boat, as we should be striking fear into teams with our quality, but I see very few teams trembling with fear, because they are confident in getting a result, and that is what worries me.
If Barnsley can do the double over us without conceding a goal, then there is genuine danger that not only are we not the finished article, we will also be playing Millwall and QPR again next season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

I have been saying for a while now, even when we were winning 1-0, that "we need to play better to get promoted". Now that everyone agrees with my first point, the second point is equally obvious "we have the players to play better and we can improve to get promoted". The question that I don't know the answer is "how do we play better than we have all season from now on in?".

My belief is with our team the best tactics must be trying to score at least twice every game and only conceding once, rather trying to get 1-0 wins as its too negative and we have too many players with an error in them.

Whitestone

With the squad we have all 12 games are winnable. The players aren't the issue. The manager and his style of play is the biggest obstacle to achieving promotion.

Jim©

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 24, 2020, 07:42:43 AM

My belief is with our team the best tactics must be trying to score at least twice every game and only conceding once, rather trying to get 1-0 wins as its too negative and we have too many players with an error in them.

I'm not sure anyone genuinely thinks that a team goes out with a specified number of goals that they will aim to score?

alfie

Quote from: Whitestone on February 24, 2020, 08:50:23 AM
With the squad we have all 12 games are winnable. The players aren't the issue. The manager and his style of play is the biggest obstacle to achieving promotion.
Understand what you are saying but, let's take TC, he has one of the best shots going, but for some reason he is not doing it, do you think that SP tells players when you get in front of goal don't shoot,pass, I don't think so, I think it just passing on the responsibility, you have the opposite with Knock, he does everything he can to get into a shooting position, and then I have seen comments having a goal because he hasn't passed. We get people accusing SP of wrong selections, yet you ask several supporters who they would select only to find that they all have different ideas. I don't know what the answer is but whoever is running the team will get my support until they have gone.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

Quote from: alfie on February 24, 2020, 10:35:49 AM
do you think that SP tells players when you get in front of goal don't shoot,pass, I don't think so, I think it just passing on the responsibility, you have the opposite with Knock, he does everything he can to get into a shooting position, and then I have seen comments having a goal because he hasn't passed.

Yes, I certainly think so. It is absolutely down to the manager to identify issues with certain individuals like them shooting too much or not enough, to give them instructions on that, and to have the authority and influence to ensure those instructions are followed. Somewhere in that process Parker is failing.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 24, 2020, 07:42:43 AM
I have been saying for a while now, even when we were winning 1-0, that "we need to play better to get promoted". Now that everyone agrees with my first point, the second point is equally obvious "we have the players to play better and we can improve to get promoted". The question that I don't know the answer is "how do we play better than we have all season from now on in?".

You say we have " too many players who have an error in them " and you are absolutely correct, and one of the reasons why we are not the finished article, why we are not the best team, and why we haven't got all the cream players of the Division amongst our ranks, and because of that we have to step it up a gear all round, and show far more urgency and desire and intent from start to finish of a match.
Otherwise we will be finding it difficult to hold on to a top six place.
But as the matches get less and less and the finishing line gets closer, which team will capitulate, which team if any will come up on the rails, which team will carry the momentum into the final matches, nerves all round I expect.
So we cannot stand still, we will get overtaken.
Big matches coming up which will separate the men from the boys.
Which one will Fulham turn out to be, that is the question ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Without being a constant fly on the wall or buzzing around SP's head during all his interactions, direct or indirect, with players, no one can say what influence he has on decision making during games.  All we can be sure of is that if SP isn't having a match day impact, positive or negative, then he is a waste of space.  The crucial factor is that coaching should always have a small positive impact on a game to game basis be it via initial team selection, formation, tactics, substitutions or whatever, and, as supporters, we should see gradual improvement rather than dramatic shifts both up and down that suggest things other than good coaching are impacting on affairs, e.g. not so good coaching. 

When something works and you understand why it works then you can build upon it, but if you do not understand why something has worked and you try to build upon it then you are much more likely to detract from the improvement and be back at square one.   That is my impression of the way this season has gone.  The same things that have gone wrong before will appear over and over again when the assessment of an issue/outcome is ill founded.

Selection of a team, IMO, should always be based upon partnerships that are known to work and the key to pre-season is identifying the easy wins where players naturally complement each other.   The harder work is determining the players who are not so rapidly able to fulfil the requirements of partner and that seems to be something that certain coaches do far better than others.    Parker's points per game ration has consistently gravitated around 1.67, which is, IMO, at the lower end of the amount he should be expected to achieve with this squad even allowing for injuries and suspensions etc.

The fact we are still in the mix is a product of good fortune rather than a product of effective team management, IMO.

filham

Lose to

Draw with

Win

Birmingham & Wigan
After two defeats by bottom of the table Barnsley this season no one should try making predictions like this.