watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker's Swansea preview.

Started by South Coast White, February 25, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Scott Parker states Fulham restricted Derby to only a few Chances!!!!!!
Really, if it wasn't for a great performance from Rodak, we could have been hammered.

South Coast White

Ronnief

Nearly fell asleep watching it. Only woke up when he mentioned that Onamah has had a knee op and will be out for 6 weeks.
Any idea how he was injured?

filham

Did I hear him right , Onamah out for six weeks recovering from an operation. Injury list now includes Onemah, Kongolo, Reed, Le Merchand and Mawson.
We have been unfortunate with injuries this season, a couple more to critical players could kill off any promotion hopes that remain.

RaySmith

His statement is true really, and we had almost an  equal number of  very good chances in the second half, though it's certainly true that Rodak's saves kept us in it, where we failed to hit the target or  our efforts were straight at their keeper, apart from Mitro's brilliant goal, where we tore them apart, not  the only occasion we did that.

We should have  have been at least a goal in front before their  desperate onslaught in the final minutes, led rooney - well done to the lads for  keeping them out, and putting their bodies on the line literally, ndn Rodak , of course.  This showed the team's commitment and determination to getting  a result, and deserves our praise.

Their only goal came from a very dodgy pen.

Parker's interviews boring, sending people to sleep? This just shows th mediae culture we live in, where everything has to be loud, over the top drama and show.

Parker speaks  quiet good sense imo.

Milo

Sounds mean but Onomah out is a blessing for me. Would like to see more of Johansen.

Nero

Quote from: Ronnief on February 25, 2020, 05:36:48 PM
Nearly fell asleep watching it. Only woke up when he mentioned that Onamah has had a knee op and will be out for 6 weeks.
Any idea how he was injured?

Turning to pass the ball backwards would be my bet

colinwhite

Not having any of that. I think that was a decent interview . What do you want cartwheels? Slagging him for the sake of it is really starting to get boring.

grandad

I thought it was a very good & honest interview. I can´t see what some want to hear.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Normally hate it when an under pressure manager gets slated for their press conferences being boring and full of clichés. The reality IMO is they're all like that, whether the team is winning or losing and whether the manager is Sanchez or Hodgson. But it only seems to get commented on when the team is doing poorly. However in Parker's case IMO he is particularly lacking in eloquence, insight and originality, even against the low general standard of football players' and managers' press conferences.

Matt10

Thought it was a good interview. Felt it was honest and he brought up playstyle a lot and seemed to acknowledge the desire in place. I felt the way we played when we went down a goal was switched on, and I like that Parker mentioned that is how he would prefer it from the start. I also like that he brought up character and supported that statement with how we are a team that has character built from our poor performances just as much as our good ones. Game on for Swansea.

Twig

I really cannot see what was wrong with it.  I am no longer a big Parker supporter but to me this criticism just smacks of slagging him off for the sake of it.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on February 26, 2020, 09:43:41 AM
I really cannot see what was wrong with it.  I am no longer a big Parker supporter but to me this criticism just smacks of slagging him off for the sake of it.
Agree, at least to the extent that Parker is probably only taking part in these previews 'for the sake of it', the 'it' being largely click bait in this day and age.

hovewhite

All managers ,head coaches have to do them with media I think,as for media stuff don't take much notice of this stuff especially when you look what happens on the pitch,onamah it could be a blessing that he's out as very average player from what I've seen.

Skatzoffc

I think its harsh having a pop at the Coach's lack of eloquence.
He's not a public speaker, he's a football player who has found himself in a coaching role later in his life.

What do you expect?
Shelley?
:003:

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

I can live with the Parker interviews, I believe what he says and I can understand every word which I couldn't with Jocanovic.
Make no doubt that Parker is with us until the end of the season at least and remember we are in with a shout for promotion.
Now I may not be fully behind his brand of football but he is our manager and I am not going to speak against him. He deserves all of our support over the next 12 or 17 matches.