watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We're becoming a team I just don't want to watch

Started by Fulham Joe, February 27, 2020, 12:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Joe

Yes we might be third in the league, but I'm losing interest in watching this particular Fulham team
Jeff Stelling made a point of saying how many times Fulham have only scored 1 goal this season, and last night was yet another one to add to that list.
You can all disagree with me as much as you like, but we rely far too much on Mitrovic and we don't attack like we used to just a couple of years ago, when we would often swarm all over teams.
We'll probably be in the play offs again this year, but I have no confidence whatsoever in us being able to get through them because we are clueless.

lamby

The trouble is that teams who play the way you want them to (mostly) struggle in the Pl where the team defence is better and they take more opportunities.

General

Seems a common gripe and fair enough, it's not exciting and we're used to free flowing goalscoring football in this league more recently. But even though it is boring it's professional and if we won all our remaining games 1-0 it'd be boring but very possibly see us knick a automatic promotion spot. We've had our blips and should have been in the top 2 by now and making it a Distinct top 3 away from the others but we have parker as manager. Things could be worse and the playoffs are anything but easy especially this year but if the 1-0's keep coming ill suck it up and take it over the odd loss and draw. Beggars can't be choosers

AnOldBrownie

love4ffc

The overall feeling of the OP is not wrong.  Fulham due win far too many matches by only one goal and yes, they rely on Mitro way too much.  However, there were a few positive that should be taken from tonight's match. 

•   Lads played with a lot more pace and intensity.
•   Mitro had more support and service tonight with the 4-2-3-1 formation
•   Tom played excellent and showed how a holding midfielder can really help this team
•   Tom allowed a headless Harry Arter to run wild without causing too many problems
•   More crosses and opportunities were provided tonight, though pitifully squandered
•   Hector is changing things up by bypassing the midfield and putting ball forward to the attacking third. 

The best part, we still keep squeaking out points here and there. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

colinwhite

After last nights performance that was a strange OP. We played very well and that was a very exciting match . Bugger Jeff Stelling!

RaySmith

Derby was also very exciting with a number of chances at both ends, and it being touch and go whether we would   save a point, with our defenders throwing themselves in front of the ball, and Rodak palming the off of the goal line as it was about to enter the net.

Last night was so dramatic - a pen in the closing stages, missed, and it looking like an unsatisfactory home point, after having so much attacking play and failing to score, though Swansea had some good scoring chances too, and then Mitro unexpectedly  getting a goal in the final minute - showing incredible mental strengths after the poor pen was saved.

But the op is entitled to his point of view.

Tempest

Mitro should have had 3 or 4 last night, but that's part if the problem,  no one else is chipping in, we create a lot of chances but just lack a killer touch, even Mitro at times  needs some help. Think we're generally playing well and ok to watch but when we up the tempo we are a different beast. That's the one change I'd make

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

ffc73

Credit where credit is due. That was much better last night.
On front foot & taking the game to the opposition.
That is what I had wanted to see and that's what I saw
Same again Saturday & until end of season please

The Cravenette

Quote from: FFC73 on February 27, 2020, 07:29:31 AM

Totally agree with this. Tempo was good from start. Just need more shooting practice!
Credit where credit is due. That was much better last night.
On front foot & taking the game to the opposition.
That is what I had wanted to see and that's what I saw
Same again Saturday & until end of season please

Hatch007

Joe

I respect your entitlement to your opinion and would have largely agreed with you before last night.

I went away to Blackburn and thought we should have won 3 or 4 nil. Not on chances created but because of our overall superiority but we didn't move the ball quick enough nor show sufficient attacking intent.

Last night's performance, however, was a mirror image of many performances under Slav. In the 23 match unbeaten run 6 of our wins were by a single goal. I strongly believe that with our attacking talent and if we continue to show the forward intent on display last night, we are soon going to handout a spanking. Let's hope it's this Saturday.

COYW

bog

If Jeff Stelling was going on about our scoring what of Leeds then? How many games recently have they won by that scoreline?

092.gif

Statto

Quote from: lamby on February 27, 2020, 01:36:58 AM
The trouble is that teams who play the way you want them to (mostly) struggle in the Pl where the team defence is better and they take more opportunities.

Not sure that's accurate.

If you're newly promoted then yes in that first season a draw will be a good result most weeks, so it may just be about anti-football, parking the bus, grinding out 0-0s, and only trying expansive tactics in the odd home game to a bottom 4 team.

But the teams that do well in the PL in the long-term and from mid-table upwards generally play a good passing game.

Dodger53

The slow slow possession play means the opposition box is rammed with players by the time we get there, last night we moved it forward much quicker and dominated so much we were camped in their half for most of the first 30mins or more, it needs a mixture of possession and quick breaks. We had a few chances for quick breaks yesterday and the forward ball wasn't good enough. I thought they played as a team last night and all worked hard. Good substitutions as well. Much better Scotty, please don't revert to the slow slow on Saturday.

Andy S

1-0 is a win. Any amount of 1-0s yields 3 points per game A clean sheet keeps the coaches happyso who doesn't like it? Only the Tv people who want lots of goals

Black, White and Fred

I agree with OP. Although we were a bit more direct, there was still a lack of cutting edge. Since the first half hour at home to Huddersfield I have struggled to enjoy the way we have been playing 
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

bill taylors apprentice

Blimey! If this team is causing you to say that, you really haven't suffered much over the years.

Of course this team isn't playing to its potential often enough but to say "you're losing interest" in watching them suggests to me you're not a serious supporter.

Woolly Mammoth

Dear Scott Parker,

Please please keep up a high tempo it yields bigger rewards and more entertaining football, and consequently more goals.
Oh yes, and one more thing, bring on your subs far earlier, they will not weaken the team, more than likely to make an impact, fresh legs etc, don't be shy when you have the likes of Kamara, Steffan, Kevin Mac and Kebano, busting a gut to freshen play up, you know it makes sense.
I am also pleased you are starting to read my emails, you know I am right, many thanks. 

Yours in Sport and Kind Regards
Woolly Mammoth ⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Share the OP's view of things as another 'performance' barely adds up to anything substantial until Kamara launched the kind of cross good strikers will attack all night long.  Switch the wingers or simply drop them in favour of Kamara and Kebano and see if opponents can actually work out what they will do next because it won't be as easy as reading what happens next with Knockaert and Cavaleiro.  Parker is just too predictable by half.

bobbo

I thought last night was half way between what we were promotion season and the dross of the Barnsley game. I think it very noticeable that when we break forward into oponants half we're lucky to have one player (mitro) in he middle. Very often no one to aim at for scoring opportunity. But I enjoyed last night it was a treat to hear all the chuckling outside as I was getting prepared to get on me vespa home.
1975 just leaving home full of hope