News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our March games and one against Preston..

Started by General, February 27, 2020, 01:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Re-read reports of reverse fixtures just now to remind myself of how the games played out.

When we played bristol City, Preston and Brentford before we lost all three back to back towards the end of last year although all by just 1 goal.

Preston was all over the shop having lost Odoi to a red card in the 22nd minute. They scored before that and did have their own player sent off 10 minutes later but by that time the damage was done. Won three of their last 5, losing the other two, most recently to West brom where they had their usual RB sent off. Three of their last 5 were against hull, Stoke and Wigan though.

Bristol City we had six of our team yellow carded in a heated game we dominated in all areas and had 8+ minutes of added time to the 2nd half. They were just more clinical. Currently lost 4 of their last 5 games albeit against teams around or in the playoffs.

Brentford.. was a close game in everything but shots taken and on target, we had more passes, more possession but they scored in the 22nd minute, whilst we also had mawson, kebano and onomah in our starting lineup. Won 1 of last 5, losing last game to Luton.

I know these details aren't hugely detailed but they do give insights. With Hector having joined us in January our defence has strengthened conceding fewer goals - will our defence be the deciding factor? Brentford and Bristol City have also found themselves in a dip in form which fingers crossed continues. I know we're boring to watch now but do you feel confident in us creating chances to do well enough?

Denver Fulham

Quote from: General on February 27, 2020, 01:42:44 AM

Re-read reports of reverse fixtures just now to remind myself of how the games played out.

Brentford.. was a close game in everything but shots taken and on target, we had more passes, more possession but they scored in the 22nd minute, whilst we also had mawson, kebano and onomah in our starting lineup. Won 1 of last 5, losing last game to Luton.

It might not matter when we host them, but Brentford destroyed us in that match. 4-0 would have been a fairer scoreline.