watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread. Fulham 2-0 Preston

Started by love4ffc, February 28, 2020, 05:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

So, what are your Post Match thoughts on Fulham's 2-0 performance against Preston North End? An own goal by Nugent, late goal by Kamara, with Bryan hobbling off after 9 minutes being replaced by Christie.

Was never going to be an easy game against a well drilled Preston, especially with the windy conditions, but, let us know your thoughts below

#FFC #FULHAMFC #FULPNE #FOF
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

davew

A very good result against a solid Preston team and I think the game was played in a good spirit considering the importance of the fixture. A shame that Bryan got injured and might miss the next few matches, but Christie will step in and will make a good replacement, hope Parker doesn´t put Sess ahead of him in the batting order.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

We are still grinding out results and as long as we manage to keep doing that we just need others to slip up. WBA losing to Wigan will have ruined 1,000's of Acca's today!! Leeds will start to believe that they can grab the title now.
March will be a massive month for us.
COYW 👍😁⚽⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

AnOldBrownie

That was a very good game today.

I think Bryan getting hurt worked to our favor.   Preston seemed hell bent on attacking our left side, and Cav was having a poor game...so I'm glad we had Odoi on that side defensively to help absorb their attack.

Michael Hector should be given a 3 year contract right now.

Cyrus Christie should be our starting RB for the remainder of the season.

Harry Arter played well today.  (Still need a #6 for next season though)

Mitro was silent, but effective.

Tom Cairney played well.

COYW!!!!

colinwhite

A really solid performance by the team and deserved victory. TC great today again. Arter also very solid ,decent performance. Those players not really performing are Knockhaert and cavaliero. No complaints from me. Mixed up play really well. Hector and Ream excellent.

grandad

An excellent performance & result against a very solid Preston. We could be facing them of Brentford in the Play Offs.
Where there's a will there's a wife

70sPimlico

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 29, 2020, 05:16:23 PM

I think Bryan getting hurt worked to our favor.   Preston seemed hell bent on attacking our left side, and Cav was having a poor game...so I'm glad we had Odoi on that side defensively to help absorb their attack.

He is signed until summer 2023

grandad

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 29, 2020, 05:30:14 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 29, 2020, 05:16:23 PM

He is signed until summer 2023
He is now worth at least double what we paid for him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham 442

We're also very lucky that Denis is so flexible.

Bill2

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 29, 2020, 05:45:03 PM
We're also very lucky that Denis is so flexible.
Agree with this, also plays well especially the overlapping aspect. Close to my MOTM today.

LittleErn

A solid performance defensively, but still no cutting edge in attack despite two goals - one an own goal and one when they were stretched chasing the game. Mitro deserves some weightier support - he is always double marked because the opponents don't see anyone else as a real threat.

WindyCity

Nice, solid win, good game against a good Preston side.  The own goal was helpful, influenced how game was played out.  Both teams had their chances to score, and Hector game up very big early with a huge save.  And Rodak late with a big save.  Of course, the Kamara finisher was great to see.  Solid shift for FFC.

Twig

Just got home.  Thought TC continued his return to form, very influential from midfield again. Was concerned when Christie had to come on early but he combined really well with BDR and Knock, he had a really good game. Rodak made a couple of important saves but deserved to win it. PNE huffed and puffed and were physical in a jiggly way but we played the better football.

Berserker

Does anybody knoew what happened in the Hammersmith end that need the ambalances and the police

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SG

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Berserker on February 29, 2020, 06:57:25 PM
Does anybody knoew what happened in the Hammersmith end that need the ambalances and the police

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

From TIFF

What happened in Hammersmith end? -- Didn't look good?, Saturday, February 29, 05:36:31pm (NoHost/85.255.236.141)
Puts the game into perspective:-(
[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

Man had a heart attack. Was in a very bad way. (NT) -- Ra's al Ghul, Saturday, February 29, 05:41:29pm (NoHost/85.255.235.198)
Which section was this? (NT) -- Arfa Mo, Saturday, February 29, 05:55:51pm (83.231.147.147.dyn.plus.net/147.147.231.83)
H6 (NT) -- Ra's al Ghul, Saturday, February 29, 06:00:07pm (NoHost/85.255.235.198)
Re: What happened in Hammersmith end? (NT) -- Thoughts go to the person and family., Saturday, February 29, 05:57:53pm (85-211-235-118.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com/85.211.235.118)
Parker ball will do dat. Wish him all the prayers and hope he recovers. (NT) -- 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏, Saturday, February 29, 05:58:04pm (NoHost/72.143.234.38)
It happened right in front of me, feel so sorry for his family getting the call no one wants. Puts things into perspective. (NT) -- Woolfy, Saturday, February 29, 06:02:05pm (cpc101564-mort7-2-0-cust230.19-2.cable.virginm.net/92.237.25.231)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SG

Looking at it negatively I thought Knockheart and Cavaleiro were ineffective resulting in Mitro having little support or decent balls to feed on.
I'd be interested to see their disallowed goal. I thought it was going in from the header already and the guy who tapped it in from a yard out was the offside player

Milo

Carborundum

We are difficult to score against.  Two decent teams have come to the cottage and struggled for chances.  We are playing a percentage based game with increasing confidence.  We have a way of running teams around for 65 minutes and then unleashing a counterattacking threat.  It's good.

Enjoyed the game.  Preston are no mugs and work well as a team.  Their right back was excellent.  But we were better.  We may be seeing them again.