watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham now 9 points clear of 7th place and have a good goal advantage

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 29, 2020, 05:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Play Offs surely almost secure... Time to adjust slightly to go for the top 2.

Fulham 442

Good article by Brian Gower in the Saturday Fulham news thread today imo. I agree with him that I would rather stay in the Championship than be promoted and humiliated again like last time. Barnsley have done the double over us without us scoring so much as a goal in reply. I rest my case....

General

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 29, 2020, 05:32:06 PM
Good article by Brian Gower in the Saturday Fulham news thread today imo. I agree with him that I would rather stay in the Championship than be promoted and humiliated again like last time. Barnsley have done the double over us without us scoring so much as a goal in reply. I rest my case....

If we go up, simply put we need to get rid of Parker. Our tactics today were all over the place. Sorry, I like him as a man and see that he has potential and we are winning games ugly and being professional, but I can't stand the idea of him as our premiership manager - we'll go down immediately again if he is.

Twig

Quote from: General on February 29, 2020, 06:16:40 PM

If we go up, simply put we need to get rid of Parker. Our tactics today were all over the place. Sorry, I like him as a man and see that he has potential and we are winning games ugly and being professional, but I can't stand the idea of him as our premiership manager - we'll go down immediately again if he is.

Our tactics were all over the place? In what way?  Don't get me wrong I have not been persuaded that Parker is the right man for us but we were the better team today, we coped well with the early loss of Bryan, the longer the game went on the better we looked.

west kowloon white

I dread promotion and another humiliating season in the prem- but needs to be done for the finances.
Enjoy the Championship tbh.

General

Quote from: Twig on February 29, 2020, 06:30:24 PM
Quote from: General on February 29, 2020, 06:16:40 PM

Our tactics were all over the place? In what way?  Don't get me wrong I have not been persuaded that Parker is the right man for us but we were the better team today, we coped well with the early loss of Bryan, the longer the game went on the better we looked.

I've replied in another post to this - essentially a lot of players playing out of their best position and not have the team shape I thought we would. At times I saw our striker in defence, our CB in AM, Our right footed winger on the left (I know it's inverted but didn't work) and our left footed winger on the right... I saw Bobby Reid in DM taking on arter's position - which Kmac would've had discipline to stay in.. it seems as if there's not as much structure when I see things like that so consistently during a game that's all.

SP

Quote from: west kowloon white on February 29, 2020, 07:00:26 PM
I dread promotion and another humiliating season in the prem- but needs to be done for the finances.

But the bean counters will balance their books?

Andy S

If we finish in the top two or win the play offs up we go whether we like it or not. I have no fear of relegation though

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: west kowloon white on February 29, 2020, 07:00:26 PM

So...you guys don't like watching players like Mitro? 

Sorry, I don't want to be Leeds.  At all.  Or Derby.

If Eddie Howe can do it, Scott Parker can do it.    Nothing is guaranteed or promised.  Fulham could fail in the EPL again, or the team could learn from past mistakes and be one of those success stories where they hang with the bigger boys.

St Eve

Absolutely disagree. Promotion means a huge pay day and Mitro stays. I fear the alternative

grandad

There is only one division a club should aspire to & that is the PL.  The money is one hell of motivation.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham76

Who the hell doesn't want to succeed? Who says we'll be humiliated if we go up next time?? Who the hell is Brian Gower & what did he have to say about Sheff United last season, or is it just Fulham he's the expert on??

A really weird & negative opinion! Were you hoping for a Preston equaliser in the dying minutes today to affect our promotion push?

filham

Parker is not doing too badly and if somehow we get promotion he deserves a chance in the Premier league

Some players have underperformed and will need replacing.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Andy S on February 29, 2020, 07:16:28 PM
If we finish in the top two or win the play offs up we go whether we like it or not. I have no fear of relegation though

Hear! Hear!

Fulham 442

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 29, 2020, 07:39:53 PM

Who the hell doesn't want to succeed? Who says we'll be humiliated if we go up next time?? Who the hell is Brian Gower & what did he have to say about Sheff United last season, or is it just Fulham he's the expert on??

A really weird & negative opinion! Were you hoping for a Preston equaliser in the dying minutes today to affect our promotion push?
Did you actually read the article?