watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our wide players

Started by Bassey the warrior, March 07, 2020, 03:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

One thing Bristol did really well today was expoliting our wings. Their full backs bombed forward and they had an abundance of pace on the wings. Conversely, for a team with alledgedly the best squad in the league, we struggle on the wings a bit. Cav and Knockaert never best their man, nor do any of our full backs. It's just Kebano and Kamara.

We would be doing even better if we had more pace on the wing and we need to be willing to use Kamara to counter when the moment arises. We don't make the most of him.

Jurassic Parker

Would prefer to start AK and Kebano over the other two based on the last few months to be honeat

FFC1987

I said at the start of the season I thought we'd do much better as long as Reid, Knock or Cav hot some good form. It's actually really surprised me that none of them have stepped up. We've seen glimpses of quality but way too inconsistent for a top 2 side. I guess it's way too easy to say its Parker's fault but I'm at a loss to explain how none of these previously top performers haven't hit any reasonable run of good form.

grandad

It´s been said many times, we play our wingers Cav & Knockaert inverted. They prefer to cut inside on their favoured foot. Playthemon their right side & get them to cross to Mitro who is currently being starved.
Where there's a will there's a wife

millsy

They are all decent players but don't forget, their clubs didn't see them as essential to their plans and hence allowed them to move on.

millsy

I think getting Jota would have made a difference. Wonder what happened there, as not sure he's a regular starter at Villa

Statto

Kebano did very little IMO, nowhere near enough to justify a start over Knockaert (or Kamara or Caveleiro) anytime soon

colinwhite

Quote from: Statto on March 07, 2020, 04:07:40 PM
Kebano did very little IMO, nowhere near enough to justify a start over Knockaert (or Kamara or Caveleiro) anytime soon

Agreed

DevonFFC

Our wide players...... could learn to put the ball in the box rather than dick about or try and do a few cut backs.

Whitestone

Kebano had his chance today. He didn't take it. Can't recall anything positive from him.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on March 07, 2020, 03:30:45 PM
Would prefer to start AK and Kebano over the other two based on the last few months to be honeat
Sorry to get on this one again but
How could TK sanction the alleged £15k for Cav.
We regularly see better wide players against us that have/would cost so much less.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Whitestone on March 07, 2020, 05:28:27 PM
Kebano had his chance today. He didn't take it. Can't recall anything positive from him.

He could have been the big hero near the end and I would have to say some of the passes to him were dire bearing in mind he is neither giraffe or hare. Saying that he looked decidedly average and I was surprised when he got the nod ahead of Stefjo who ready to go on at half time. Cav might have been injured of course but Stefjo and Kmac could have made the difference in the last twenty.

Radiowhite

Kebano is nowhere near good enough, did nothing today

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Radiowhite on March 07, 2020, 07:20:43 PM

I agree on today for his time on the pitch. Just mean I would like to see him start and see how that goes. Cav isnt doing much right now so I dont see a downside and it might even remind Cav that nothing is certain in terms of being placed in the starting 11

Jamie88

Quote from: Radiowhite on March 07, 2020, 07:20:43 PM

He couldn't do too much in the first place, at least four passes to him were either over his head or out of reach for him!
Other matches he has come on and made a difference