watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My take on things

Started by Peabody, March 07, 2020, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I think I now accept that we won't go up automatically, this not a criticism, just an acceptance of how things are. However, I know that the play-offs are a lottery but what if we can repeat the joy and excitement of two years ago, is that not a good thing? Imagine another Derby type evening at the Cottage or recreating the White Wall at Wembley. Just my view and hopefully, I am proved wrong. Who knows?

Andy S

I hate the idea Peabody. The reason it is remembered as such a great day is because it is unique in our history one more and it clouds everything. We think of football as not changing but it does week by week year by year. Our squad is better than two years ago but is the team? Does it have the fight

Sgt Fulham

Everything was right when we went up. It would have been wrong not to have won that fantastic and dreadful game at Wembley. Not sure we deserve it this year but who deserves it more? I honestly dont know. What will be will be. I really hope its us.

hovewhite

What will be will be,us v Brentford p/o final that would be a cracker!

toshes mate

Of course achieving a top six place is better than not achieving a top six place especially in those leagues where a play off position is guaranteed by doing so.  That is precisely why leagues were extended and the excitement of promotion possibility dangled in front of noses just that little bit longer.  Thanks to Jokanovic we have now seen both sides of the play off lottery and we need to not forget the losing years as we bask in the memory of the one successful year. 

We started this season with the promise that a top two position was the target; it is still possible and would be a fitting climax to a successful season.  Anything else has to be seen in context.  The play off games will be like a consolation prize for failure this season, IMO.  That is the difference between 2018 and now.  Aside from FFC selling players I have truly idolised, sacking or losing good managers has always been the thing that has hurt me the most and taken the longest time to repair or redeem.  This season has been a time for healing but it just hasn't happened for me.   I miss the hope, the inspiring lift in my conversations with mates, and the optimism Jokanovic brought to us.  I also hated the cruel manner of his sacking.   Right now I feel very flat about FFC.

SuffolkWhite

I think this team will have a good chance of winning a play off final. We have players that can get goal out of nothing even if things aren't quite clicking. And if it is the Play Off's then so be it, I hope we get Brentford and beat them in the Final.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FulhamStu

If Slav had signed a contract extension, which he repeatedly refused to do, would he have been sacked ?
If we had not sacked Slav would he have stayed on as our manager for this season ?

We will never know, however I honestly think he would have walked.

Milo

Slav football with this team would be mesmerising let's face it

bog

Quote from: Peabody on March 07, 2020, 09:27:47 PM
I think I now accept that we won't go up automatically, this not a criticism, just an acceptance of how things are. However, I know that the play-offs are a lottery but what if we can repeat the joy and excitement of two years ago, is that not a good thing? Imagine another Derby type evening at the Cottage or recreating the White Wall at Wembley. Just my view and hopefully, I am proved wrong. Who knows?

I cant see Leeds slipping up now, WBA are not pulling up even weeds right now but if it was a play off final by then will over 70's like me be banned.... emm.  :016:

092.gif

Peabody

Quote from: bog on March 08, 2020, 10:28:09 AM
Quote from: Peabody on March 07, 2020, 09:27:47 PM
Not saying this will happen but who did we pip for the championship back in 1948/49 and who came up with us? Why, West Bromwich Albion.

I cant see Leeds slipping up now, WBA are not pulling up even weeds right now but if it was a play off final by then will over 70's like me be banned.... emm.  :016:

092.gif

bog

Nice piece of nostalgia there Peabody.  :54: Arthur Rowley arrived and really helped the goals tally. I didn't come though the turnstiles until  '53 though.

092.gif