Previous topic - Next topic

Westlondonffc

Did anyone else see it? Big pile of bodies. Bit over the top and put on really

RAF_Fulham

Fulham Fans in being passionate shocker?  049:gif 049:gif

RaySmith

Quote from: Westlondonffc on March 08, 2020, 02:18:15 PM
Did anyone else see it? Big pile of bodies. Bit over the top and put on really

Oh come on - have you never been to an away match where we've scored in the closing stages after being behind, and looking likely to go home with nothing?

Even at home, listening to GJ and Jamie and watching Sky, I was leaping up and down and shouting.

Mince n Tatties

There was a surge down the aisle at my wedding,but it only involved me as I tried to escape.😁

Westlondonffc

It just seemed staged, I heard some bloke ask whether they got it on film. I'm all for wild celebrations, but not put on ones

Plodder

Surges (whether planned or spontaneous) are dangerous. I have had bad experiences, both in seated and standing areas (obviously the latter are more dangerous). Stand up and celebrate, but those who go nuts and either can not (or pretend to be unable to) control their physical movements are a danger to themselves and others.  Getting a massive whack on the head from a flailing arm is bad enough; I have experienced worse.

fulhamfan

Quote from: Westlondonffc on March 08, 2020, 07:14:27 PM
It just seemed staged, I heard some bloke ask whether they got it on film. I'm all for wild celebrations, but not put on ones

all put on for twitter nowadays

Hatch007

Quote from: Plodder on March 08, 2020, 07:54:33 PM
Surges (whether planned or spontaneous) are dangerous. I have had bad experiences, both in seated and standing areas (obviously the latter are more dangerous). Stand up and celebrate, but those who go nuts and either can not (or pretend to be unable to) control their physical movements are a danger to themselves and others.  Getting a massive whack on the head from a flailing arm is bad enough; I have experienced worse.
Not to sound argumentative as I'm merely curious but how do you have a surge in a seated area?

Westlondonffc

Quote from: fulhamross on March 08, 2020, 08:12:35 PM
Quote from: Westlondonffc on March 08, 2020, 07:14:27 PM

all put on for twitter nowadays
I thought so. I've been in many proper celebrations over the years but it seems like recently some are deliberately 'falling over'. Like at Blackburn a few weeks ago. Saw a few rolling around on the floor then surprise surprise there is a perfect photo of it on twitter

Dr Quinzel

There's a A LOT of fake 'limbs' these days. All to be shared on 'football twitter'.

As long as they only harm themselves, I couldn't really care less.

Great when it's off the cuff absolute mental celebrations, but incredibly sad when it's pre-planned and for the camera.

ffcthereligion

Im not on any form of social media and will happily run down aisles to celebrate goals. I'm sure you're a good laugh anyway mate

_Putney_

Yeah was the same against Preston... the second goal.  Surged knocked over myself and my wife and she ended up with a nasty bruise on her leg. It was so clearly fake as it came about 30 seconds after the actual goal.  Phones out everywhere afterwards trying to capture it to share with their mates... ridiculous. Fake and dangerous.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 09, 2020, 10:49:39 AM
Im not on any form of social media and will happily run down aisles to celebrate goals. I'm sure you're a good laugh anyway mate

You're on one now. I'm all for celebrating; I was covered in bruises after Mitro's last minute winner the other week, but lets not pretend these younger lads aren't over egging it for the likes - if they weren't, then there wouldn't always be one of them with their phone out. Enjoy yourselves, but don't think falling over deliberately so you can whack it all over the internet isn't sad.

flyingfish

Dangerous especially for kids and the older folk. Anyone comes over the back of my seat at the cottage and hurt my daughter will wish they didn't

_Putney_

Quote from: flyingfish on March 09, 2020, 10:55:35 PM
Dangerous especially for kids and the older folk. Anyone comes over the back of my seat at the cottage and hurt my daughter will wish they didn't
yeah but it's not that persons fault most likely - i crashed into the guy in front of me because of the people behind me...

Plodder

Quote from: Hatch007 on March 08, 2020, 10:08:55 PM
Quote from: Plodder on March 08, 2020, 07:54:33 PM
Not to sound argumentative as I'm merely curious but how do you have a surge in a seated area?

It is a reasonable question, and I acknowledge you are not being argumentative, because it is hard to imagine a surge in a seated area until it happens to you.  The experience of this I remember best was at a home match v Sunderland (the one where Hangeland was sent off), when I had the misfortune to be sitting in the end seat at the left hand end of the block in the Putney End right next to the Sunderland supporters.  Each time they scored (they won 3-1), some would go berserk and charge down the aisle, not caring whom they thumped.  Worse, some of them had come to sit in 3-4 rows behind us which had spare seats, and after each goal, they jumped over the backs of the seats in front of them and embraced each other, while jumping up and down thumping us on the back.  For one of their goals, they cavorted so wildly one group fell on the group of the row in front of them who fell on us, and we were for few seconds buried under several bodies.  Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt, although they could easily have caused injury to themselves or others, so it was momentarily disconcerting and nothing more.  There was no malice, just an excess of alcohol, and a desire to show how passionate they were. It is just thoughtless and selfish.

RaySmith

I remember celebrations in the semi-Final FA Cup replay, when John Mitchell scored to get us into the Final,  everyone went completely mad, surging forward on the terracing like a wave, carrying you off of your feet, which happened regularly during the game - especially when 'knees up Mother Brown' was sung - and danced -, until a crash barrier suddenly stopped it, hugging each other, and jumping up and down crazily.

Similarly, at Man City again, though a different stadium, when  Kamara scored to start the Great Escape. Then it was all seated, so people were failing over seats.

On both occasions i was  celebrating pretty hard myself - totally spontaneously, as was everyone i think.
For me, this a lot of what football is about.

However, I appreciate concerns expressed here, from older, maybe more vulnerable folk, or women  and children, who've gotten hurt by others' celebrating. Celebrating fans should be more careful in  how they celebrate  a goal, and be aware of others around them.