watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFCTV - Not Really Delivering

Started by filham, March 09, 2020, 12:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

At a cost of £40 I joined FFCTV at the beginning of the season  on the understanding that I would watch a number of away games live and be able to see extended highlights of all of our matches.

I am disappointed as few away games have been shown live and the extended highlights are restricted. I am waiting for the Bristol highlights and the Swansea extended highlights never appeared.

grandad

As last year I just pay the £5 a month to get the live GJ commentary. The Club are pretty good at putting up the highlights followed by the 90 minutes. Where I live in Spain the internet has poor download speeds so watching live TV is a bit hit or miss.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on March 09, 2020, 12:13:26 PM

I am disappointed as few away games have been shown live and the extended highlights are restricted. I am waiting for the Bristol highlights and the Swansea extended highlights never appeared.

Bristol extended highlights went up on Sunday at noon or so. The Swansea extended highlights went up on Thursday, February 27. You should probably check "All media" under the FFCtv tab, since not everything seem to end up on the front page.

About the games, FFCtv shows every game that they have the right to show. Not up to them. We get what's advertised in that regard.

Fulham 442

I pay £5 a month for FFCTV so I can watch the highlights etc, which seem to appear pretty quickly and the extended ones are on for the Bristol game.  I also live in Spain so purchase a match pass when available to watch our games live.  There have been a couple of dodgy broadcasts but by and large the quality is good and I think £5 per game is good value.

Matt10

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 09, 2020, 01:39:55 PM
I pay £5 a month for FFCTV so I can watch the highlights etc, which seem to appear pretty quickly and the extended ones are on for the Bristol game.  I also live in Spain so purchase a match pass when available to watch our games live.  There have been a couple of dodgy broadcasts but by and large the quality is good and I think £5 per game is good value.

Same here, except I'm in the US. The 90 minutes is a permanent bookmark for me. I can go through full 90 minute matches up to 2014 (roughly), which helps me when creating video highlights.

Logicalman

At a cost of £40 I joined FFCTV at the beginning of the season  on the understanding that I would watch a number of away games live and be able to see extended highlights of all of our matches.

The service description clearly states that NOT all games are available on FFCTv, due to EFL restrictions. Additional to that is when Sky decide they wish to broadcast a match they have rights to, then FFCTv are restricted to only highlights afterwards. In all cases though, Jim & Jamie cover every match  :54:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

love4ffc

Quote from: Logicalman on March 09, 2020, 03:14:50 PM

The service description clearly states that NOT all games are available on FFCTv, due to EFL restrictions. Additional to that is when Sky decide they wish to broadcast a match they have rights to, then FFCTv are restricted to only highlights afterwards. In all cases though, Jim & Jamie cover every match  :54:
My only complaint is I wish they would broadcast more PL2 matches. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 09, 2020, 01:37:16 PM

Bristol extended highlights went up on Sunday at noon or so. The Swansea extended highlights went up on Thursday, February 27. You should probably check "All media" under the FFCtv tab, since not everything seem to end up on the front page.

About the games, FFCtv shows every game that they have the right to show. Not up to them. We get what's advertised in that regard.
Thanks for the advice. I have been going directly to FFCTV and was finding my way to videos which included highlights of all but the latest match. If I go first to Fulham FC I find the latest highlights , I then log into FFCTV and all is OK. match.

Black, White and Fred

One thing that has changed since the last time we were in the championship is that the full 90 minute replays rarely get uploaded the day after. Last time they would be uploaded by midday the next day. Anyone know the reason for the change?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Russianrob

GJ and Fulham's official site have been banned in Russia for about a month now.However it seems on Saturday's commentary they were able to get a coded message over as the Rouble has suddenly plummeted!

toshes mate

When I consider the value of a product I look at the quality across the board. 

Much is made here about the £5 per month (£60 annual equivalent) low cost subscription for a service that should deliver ninety minute replays of forty six games but often fails to do so within twenty four hours of a game and of watchable quality (some ninety minute episodes have been really poor quality).  I have stopped listening to GJ and JR commentaries except when I cannot watch a game or hear commentary elsewhere.  Repetition irritates me beyond relied - not GJ's fault - but a theme this season, and so the value for me would be the ninety minute replays but where are they and why so long getting them up?  The sound on interviews is often poor (how many times must this have been said) and there are no captions for those whose hearing isn't as great as it should be. The website is clunky and sometimes unreliable and inconsistent, not functioning in the manner of a saleable product i.e. unprofessional.

For about two pounds a month more I can get a streaming product for music/movies/TV 24/7/365 with captions on everything and a professional quality interface. Maybe you think I am being unfair but I am seriously considering not bothering next season because I'd prefer not to be so irritated by something that isn't fit for purpose even if it costs nothing.   

Chrisjo

I subscribe to the £5 monthly Fulham TV as well but I find that the quality of the picture is pretty poor when I go into full screen. Not sure if it is the clubs recordings or my computer that's the problem. Does anybody out there have the same problem or any suggestions?!

Matt10

Quote from: Chrisjo on March 10, 2020, 11:27:24 AM
I subscribe to the £5 monthly Fulham TV as well but I find that the quality of the picture is pretty poor when I go into full screen. Not sure if it is the clubs recordings or my computer that's the problem. Does anybody out there have the same problem or any suggestions?!

They just recently started to convert the recordings to 1080p. However, during the live broadcast it usually will max at 720p and a reduced bitrate. I believe this is because they've learned overtime that the higher bitrate has caused streaming issues (lag, interruptions, auto resolution changes, etc).

RaySmith

Have found the picture very good on my  laptop, and transmission generally very good, with a few problems, usually quickly sorted - with, importantly GJ passing on info of this.

I also watch Fulham on Sky's Now TV, the same price, 10.00 quid, to watch a game,and  there have been  some  connections problems with this too, except you don't get any information.

So, I am generally very pleased to have FFCTV, and think it decent value for a product that I very much want.
I've been  very pleased to be able to have GJ's, now with Jamie, commentary for some time now, and definitely think this great value.

AnOldBrownie

As I live in the USA, I'll be purchasing FFCTV every year...even those years where Fulham is in the EPL.

Well worth my $$$.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Logicalman

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on March 10, 2020, 09:04:55 PM
As I live in the USA, I'll be purchasing FFCTV every year...even those years where Fulham is in the EPL.

Well worth my $$$.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Would agree with this.
When FFCTv cannot stream, then we are left with ESPN+ as the only source, and that can be hit and miss, even though I duly pay my 5 bucks a month, every month (it has other stuff I watch as well), and I cannot say the quality on that transmission is generally of better quality than the FFCTv one.
I tune via my laptop and push via HDMI to my TV when using FFCTv, and the quality, as stated, is not as bad as some seem to find, though even that is a matter one's own opinion.

Overall, I am satisfied with the feed for the price, it may not suit everyone's taste, but then again, unlike the UK TV licence fee, it's not mandatory, is it.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

hovewhite

Well if you don't like what you pay for! Then stop it!

Sting of the North

Quote from: hovewhite on March 17, 2020, 03:59:30 PM

But it could also be a situation where you cannot get the product from anywhere else. Are you then not able to criticize it? Sure, you can "vote with your wallet", but then you cannot see any highlights or games.

With that said, the original critique in this thread is completely off the mark since all highlights (short and extended) are up, and also all 90 minutes as far as I know. Likewise, they show all games that they are allowed to. As such, you get what you paid for.

Quality wise, timing wise, technical solutions and regarding additional content this is of course more subjective, and should be open to criticism.

Logicalman

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 17, 2020, 04:24:59 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on March 17, 2020, 03:59:30 PM

But it could also be a situation where you cannot get the product from anywhere else. Are you then not able to criticize it? Sure, you can "vote with your wallet", but then you cannot see any highlights or games.

With that said, the original critique in this thread is completely off the mark since all highlights (short and extended) are up, and also all 90 minutes as far as I know. Likewise, they show all games that they are allowed to. As such, you get what you paid for.

Quality wise, timing wise, technical solutions and regarding additional content this is of course more subjective, and should be open to criticism.

I can see your pov on that, and it's correct, though I would riposte with "it's better than nothing" and if it's not, then problem solved  :005: