watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Fulham drain to Spurs-doesn't often work out

Started by res, March 11, 2020, 02:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

The player drain from us to Spurs doesn't often work for the player. John Lacy (a couple of decades ago) couldn't get much of a game there; more recently Sean Davis didn't get a look in (and has said that it was his worst career move), Clint Dempsey was never liked by the Spurs' fans and didn't make much of an impression, and now Ryan S is struggling. Moussa1 did OK but is the exception. Grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

Dodgin

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Jurassic Parker

Steed Malbranque played 62 games in 2 seasons for them when he left.

More the issue for me is what is it with Spurs and nabbing our players, seems more common than other clubs. If I was to take a guess it's because despite Poch giving them a taste of success they've always been a bottom half of the top half of the table kinda team, and as a top to mid half of the bottom half of the table team, our best players were perfect as their squad players

Did that make sense?  :005:

fulhamfan

A few of my mates are spurs fans and they liked Malbranque at Spurs

St Eve

Sir Alec of good Stock

bog

We did get Alf Stokes our way in 1959.... :022:

092.gif

Sir Alec of good Stock

John Cutbush was a very good free transfer and, another right back, Ray Evans was a decent player with a fantastic crossing ability.

Bassey the warrior

Problem with Sess is Mourinho has a poor track record for developing young players, although I have to give him credit for bringing through young Tanganga.

The other big issue is they're playing him at left back, which opens up his weaknesses in defending and stops his strengths - scoring.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on March 11, 2020, 05:59:56 PM
John Cutbush was a very good free transfer and, another right back, Ray Evans was a decent player with a fantastic crossing ability.
Both good players.
Ray Evans one of my all time favourites.
He was, as mentioned a great crossesr, took terrific free kick shots on goal and captained the side really well.
Ironically, although a former Spur, we got him from Millwall for £30k.

ron

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on March 11, 2020, 05:59:56 PM

Terry Dyson and Cliff Jones were a part of my youthful self as a supporter...

Jimpav

We did pretty well when we signed Davies and Murphy.

70sPimlico

Just got me thinking about our players going to clubs. I can pretty much think of a player immediately that's gone from us to any club in the premiership.

Apart from.....Arsenal. I'm probably missing a really obvious one..but I can't think of one

General

Quote from: 70sPimlico on March 12, 2020, 10:19:14 AM
Just got me thinking about our players going to clubs. I can pretty much think of a player immediately that's gone from us to any club in the premiership.

Apart from.....Arsenal. I'm probably missing a really obvious one..but I can't think of one

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing which of our players over the years moved onto other clubs and how spread out it is as well as which clubs have taken the larger amounts.

Liverpool : finnan, konchesky, elliot

Man utd: saha, van der saar, smalling

Spurs : sess, dempsey, dembele, Davis

Man City: Roberts

Sheffield utd : ollie Norwood

Portsmouth: Diop

Chelsea?

West ham: Fredericks

Any others?

Ronnief

70sPimlico

Quote from: General on March 12, 2020, 11:33:38 AM

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing which of our players over the years moved onto other clubs and how spread out it is as well as which clubs have taken the larger amounts.

Chelsea?

Any others?

If I think of Liverpool, I can't see past Richard Money, West Ham, Galey and Chelsea, Ivor

Southcoastffc

Quote from: General on March 12, 2020, 11:33:38 AM

Chelsea?

Any others?
Believe it or not, Michael Brown - he went from us to Wigan and then Portsmouth.  58 PL games for Wigan and a couple for Pompey.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

St Eve

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.