watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tomorrow Evening

Started by Peabody, March 12, 2020, 11:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I have decided to not risk going tomorrow, at 81 and I am a type 1 diabetic, I have decided that discretion is the wisest policy to adopt. That doesn't mean I won't be following it all. What a game too miss but there it is. Hopefully, we get a win.

Dodgin

I'm with you Peabody same age, ICD planted in my chest, my dear wife not wanting me to go. In the end it's only a game. Well maybe not.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Very possible that all football games are going to be behind closed doors from today, after the Cobra meeting. Probably will be announced on the 6 o'clock news.

Even if not the case I wouldn't go either, we are basically at the same stage as Italy was 2 weeks ago.

I am 47, but my dad is 87 and I am protecting myself to protect him particularly

Tonywa

Quote from: Peabody on March 12, 2020, 11:10:55 AM
I have decided to not risk going tomorrow, at 81 and I am a type 1 diabetic, I have decided that discretion is the wisest policy to adopt. That doesn't mean I won't be following it all. What a game too miss but there it is. Hopefully, we get a win.

I' ve decides to hunker down and avoid crowds as much as possible.  I work from home so that's no problem but normally attend lots of theatre, concerts, opera, cinema and sporting events - all of which I am giving up for the moment. The thought of travelling to venues on crowded buses and tubes and the sitting in theatres, cinemas and concert halls is just too chancy at present.  I have laid off the woman who does my cleaning for me pro tem and am having to do my food shopping online.   If I want a chat I either phone friends or go on social media.  Its drastic but hopefully will reduce my chances of becoming infected.  Good luck and good health to everyone else on this board and of course COYW

f321ffc

Don't blame you at all better safe than sorry.
La Liga suspended for two weeks today maybe a better option than playing behind closed doors but what happens in two weeks when the virus is still around?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

f321ffc

Quote from: Tonywa on March 12, 2020, 11:44:48 AM

I' ve decides to hunker down and avoid crowds as much as possible.  I work from home so that's no problem but normally attend lots of theatre, concerts, opera, cinema and sporting events - all of which I am giving up for the moment. The thought of travelling to venues on crowded buses and tubes and the sitting in theatres, cinemas and concert halls is just too chancy at present.  I have laid off the woman who does my cleaning for me pro tem and am having to do my food shopping online.   If I want a chat I either phone friends or go on social media.  Its drastic but hopefully will reduce my chances of becoming infected.  Good luck and good health to everyone else on this board and of course COYW
"I have laid off the woman who does my cleaning for me"
Bloody hell I wondered where that was leading, must be my dirty mind😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

terryr

I have tickets and will go if they let supporters in.
Can't blame anyone for not going

jarv

How about cancelling the summer tournament (international football is rubbish anyway)   Finish the league when it all blows over. 

bog

Peabody I think you've made the right decision. Painful though. 

092.gif 

Tonywa

Quote from: f321ffc on March 12, 2020, 11:51:16 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on March 12, 2020, 11:44:48 AM

"I have laid off the woman who does my cleaning for me"
Bloody hell I wondered where that was leading, must be my dirty mind😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I was thinking similar thought while I was typing that part of my post.;-)  The main trouble is that she also works in a local old folks home and infections sometimes sweep through places like that filled with vulnerable people and I thought she might contract the virus without knowing and pass it on to me. 

Southcoastffc

Quote from: TerryR on March 12, 2020, 11:51:17 AM
I have tickets and will go if they let supporters in.
Can't blame anyone for not going
Similarly. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bill2

I will be going and also got my ticket for Leeds , although I have a sneaking feeling that something will happen before then. If you have health concerns stay safe, far more important than a game of football.

F(f)CUK

I am supposed to be going to Barbados in April. Cannot see that happening. Waiting for the airline to cancel. I am writing this from the Departure Lounge in Baku, so hoping that flights continue for at least another 3 hours.

Abbotsbury White

Someone on Voy saying game is off will be announced later, also could mean allm games off indefinetley, quite a few saying this at the moment.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Frackleheath

I have  made the same decision Mr P. The game is on Sky, so I

Twig

If it's on we'll be there. No way we're missing this one and the lads need support.

Andy S

Peabody I'm with you on this. I don't miss many matches but at 67 and type 2  diabetic I to have decided that I'm going to stay at home. This is probably only putting off the inevitable but hey let's stay at home and enjoy it in relative safety

Dr Quinzel

You're doing the right thing by yourself. No shame in that.

FFC1987

I'd of been annoyed had you said you were going despite those conditions. Take care of yourself buddy.

ALG01

people  have to do what is right for themselves based on advice and personal circumstances
I hope we all understand, what is appropriate for  one person is not the same for another
I have my own issues and will make a late decision but as of today I am inclined to attend.

Whatever else I hope a big win gives us all a psychological boost!