watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The God given right of WBA and Leeds

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, March 15, 2020, 07:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

All I keep reading/seeing lately, is how it's the God given right, that both WBA and Leeds get promoted, whatever the outcome of this Coronavirus.

Starting to pee me off a bit, as no one has the God given right to anything, and, it amazes me how desperate the Leeds fans are.

Based on the assumption that they are a BIG club, have spent the majority of the season up there, and, by all accounts play the most attractive football in the Championship, they're worthy.

I get it'll be a massive kick in the nuts for them IF the season is void, but, there is still 9 games to play, they to play us yet, and a couple of tricky games.

If anything, both Leeds and WBA don't have the best form of lately, especially WBA, and anything can happen yet, and I bet my bottom dollar if the seasons is played out, one of them is caught.

It's the arrogance that annoys me really, as, Leeds have been gone for the past 20 years, and they just expect to be promoted off the back of one good season.

We sit in 3rd, and I'd be gutted if we didn't get promoted, but, like Leeds, anything can happen in those 9 games and we could miss out on the playoffs.

It'll be best all round, if the season is void/reset because there is no way you can make this fair on anyone, well, unless your name is Leeds or WBA.

davew

Calm down now, it simply won´t happen that they will be promoted if the seasons fixtures are not completed!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sgt Fulham

The only fair way to do it is to finish the season. However, if they null the season then I would be right there with them demanding their promotion (as well as a third, based on a playoff). Imagine the shoe was on the other foot. Also, if we're really being honest, they are the only two teams deserving of promotion. The rest of us are...well pretty average and inconsistent.

davew

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 15, 2020, 08:49:18 PM
The only fair way to do it is to finish the season. However, if they null the season then I would be right there with them demanding their promotion (as well as a third, based on a playoff). Imagine the shoe was on the other foot. Also, if we're really being honest, they are the only two teams deserving of promotion. The rest of us are...well pretty average and inconsistent.
Agree with the first part of your comment but not the last parts, everybody has been pretty average and inconsistent and nobody deserves promotion as the league stands at the moment. I would however award trophies to Liverpool and Celtic!

love4ffc

I can see what the OP is saying.  It's all over twitter with Leeds and WBA fans saying that it is only right that they get promoted now.  Also seeing Forest and Brentford saying that they deserve 3rd place and should be promoted. 

I even saw the idea being floated around on Twitter that only Leeds and WBA be promoted.  That there be no relegation from the Premier League.  That there should be 22 teams in the Premier League next year with five teams would be relegated, and three teams promoted next season. 

Lots of crazy ideas being floated out there and I could see the FA coming up with some crazy scheme that truly isn't fair.  Hopefully not but I could see it happening. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

davew

Quote from: love4ffc on March 15, 2020, 09:36:29 PM
I can see what the OP is saying.  It's all over twitter with Leeds and WBA fans saying that it is only right that they get promoted now.  Also seeing Forest and Brentford saying that they deserve 3rd place and should be promoted. 

I even saw the idea being floated around on Twitter that only Leeds and WBA be promoted.  That there be no relegation from the Premier League.  That there should be 22 teams in the Premier League next year with five teams would be relegated, and three teams promoted next season. 

Lots of crazy ideas being floated out there and I could see the FA coming up with some crazy scheme that truly isn't fair.  Hopefully not but I could see it happening. 

There is no fair way, scrap the current season, place a transfer embargo on all clubs and restart a new season in the Summer for those clubs still in existence!

Southcoastffc

So far, I haven't seen any suggestion which would very likely not result in legal action by one club or other. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

I think that to scrap the whole season is an option but I would prefer to play it out whenever it can be played. I don't want charity and I don't feel charitable to other clubs

love4ffc

For those who have twitter this is exactly what I was talking about,

1238887621071339521[/tweet]][/url]

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51889682
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Bokonon

I do find some dark humor in the fact that a literal act of god may keep Leeds from going up for yet another season (assuming the season is canceled).

RaySmith

They may want it to happen, but pretty unlikely I would have thought.
The season will probably be played out, but if not voided.

Do think teams will accept being relegated from the Prem for Leeds and WBA without full games being played?

AnOldBrownie

Here's what I think.    Even if it means pushing back the start of next season until October or November, the season needs to finish, even if it doesn't start up again until June.

Are we all planning to lose Mitros as our striker because of the virus?   If the season is null and void, is Mitro going to want to play in the championship a second consecutive season.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that games resume in the month of May.    If not, it'll mean the world in general is in a world of hurt.