News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we are an EFL team in 20/21 season should Parker be manager ?

Started by howitis, March 15, 2020, 09:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

If for whatever reason we start next season in the Championship should Scott Parker be our manager ?

It's a resounding no from me, indeed I would go as far as to say if this break extends beyond 4th April it gives the club ample time to search for a successor.

I'm sure many clubs e.g Villa are contemplating the fact that if they change manager sooner rather than later their new manager will have a good time period to work with the squad before matches commence.

Andy S

Sorry I would not change him at the moment as there is no time for a new man to learn about his players. We have no idea when football will restart in this country so consequently I wouldn't change a thing at the moment. It could be 2,3,4,6,10 or 12 months

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Andy S on March 16, 2020, 12:49:23 AM
Sorry I would not change him at the moment as there is no time for a new man to learn about his players. We have no idea when football will restart in this country so consequently I wouldn't change a thing at the moment. It could be 2,3,4,6,10 or 12 months

Agreed.

Stay safe.
082.gif

colinwhite

The Rational Fan

The main thing we need now is a manager that can maintain a strong relationship with his players during the quarantine that's coming. I have always been Parker out, but coronavirus changes everything we need to keep what we have first by ensuring we don't loss any players from the coronavirus.

Mince n Tatties

Robbie

Well we have tried the maverick - Muelensteen and the expert Ranieri ... and Jol and Hughes. ... the club's man Symons...  the Big Serb was good but lost the dressing room.

Who else?  and why?   We were very unlikely to bounce-back on first attempt ...

If we go up this season we will be k*lled in the PL with this squad.

Stick with SP and build a Sheffield United / Bournemouth type platform.

RAF_Fulham

H4usuallysitting

I'm all for keeping Scott, but if we changed in the close season - then Big Sam will get promotion.....but, we would have to get used to kick it up to the big bloke

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: howitis on March 15, 2020, 09:50:28 PM
If for whatever reason we start next season in the Championship should Scott Parker be our manager ?

It's a resounding no from me, indeed I would go as far as to say if this break extends beyond 4th April it gives the club ample time to search for a successor.

I'm sure many clubs e.g Villa are contemplating the fact that if they change manager sooner rather than later their new manager will have a good time period to work with the squad before matches commence.

It's a resounding yes from my myself.
Why would the club look for a successor. When you say the club I assume you mean the Khans.
Scott Parker is the only Manager the Khans have not sacked so far. They were responsible for employing all these managers and end up admitting they may have made a mistake by sacking all the same people they hired, generally very swiftly after they employed them. So therefore why would you want the Khans to continue to make the same mistakes, a bit like a dog chasing its own tail.
Ironically the only Manager who succeeded in getting us relegated, and he certainly tried his hardest, was Felix Wolfang Magath.
After Magath successfully put the club back 14 years, they rewarded him by allowing him to carry on the next season to attempt to get us relegated a second successive season. Fortunately somebody induced the Khans out of their comas and must have explained the repercussions of what would happen if Magath took us down again, you could not make it up.
So what you are intimating is that the Khans keep up their 100% managerial recruitment record of sacking every manager they ever employed, and there are many in a short space of time, to then stick a pin in a hat and bring on another manager with no guarantee he will do any better than Scott.
The fact that they tolerated CK at everyone else's expense, until HE fell on his own sword tells you more about them than it does about CK.
So to avoid increasing this trail of failure ( and bearing in mind they even sacked the only manager that achieved success under their watch within months of that glorious day in May ), just highlights why they should stop tinkering with managers at the expense of the club.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

howitis

Quote from: RAF_Fulham on March 16, 2020, 09:07:10 AM
As a hyperphetical.....Gerrard? Thoughts?

yep not a bad shout, perhaps have more sway in persuading players ...

filham

Too many unknows just now, the last thing we want is the uncertainties that go with a new manager.

FFCFOREVER

This has been done to death on numerous threads. Please change the record.

Mince n Tatties

Penfold

I think there are more pressing concerns at the moment, don't you?

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Twig

Agree with the majority on here, the last thing we need right now is another should we sack the manager thread.  And btw it's a resounding no from me (despite my reservations).