News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When did you become a member of FOF, are you still here, do you still post?

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 18, 2020, 07:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

When did you become a member of FOF, are you still here, do you still post?

Now that we have a bit of a break from football, it'll be interesting to see when you joined FOF, if you're still here, and if you still post?

Back in the early days, FOF was made up of a much smaller community, it was more personal, but, as the years have gone on, the Forum has grown, and naturally we've lost a few.

When attending games, we always ask people if they still read the Forum, and they do, daily, but they just chose just to read and not post.

Based on this, it'll be interesting to see if you still lurk in the shadows, do you ever login, or, just read the Forum as a guest now.

We understand that Twitter / Facebook has taken over for easy access to Fulham related news, but, maybe this is a chance for you to login and give us some feedback.

If you're still here, maybe let us know when you joined, what you remember from the early days, and what keeps you coming back.

049:gif   

bobby01

Found you on 21/1/10, as you say Jc it was smaller then but over the time I have been here there has been lots of new members, and lots of leavers, some I was glad to see go and others sadly passed away. I have never been a prolific poster but read the board every day. I feel we are a lot less tolerant of others opinions nowadays, maybe a sign of the times, but there is still usually good banter on here and some really good topics to debate.
Perhaps the biggest sign of this day and age was highlighted to me last night by my grandson. We were watching the road workers grinding off the tarmac from the road into dumper trucks for replacing the surface, when he said to me as only a 5 year old could, grampa I need a wee can you pause it. Still makes me smile every time I think of it.
I hope we continue here for many years to come and I thank all those involved who give us their time to keep the Fulham family together.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

YankeeJim

I registered on this version on 24 Jan 2010. I was on the earlier one as well. Generally, I've found everyone mostly agreeable. I'm sad to see that so many "furineers" have quit the site. C'est la vie.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Such is life ....... I was Goblin on the earlier site, I remember good men like Sponge, Skeletor, Rooster, Man of Bronze, George Graham, Shin Pad, Buster Caps, and somebody naming themselves in tribute to Buster Caps, calling themselves Busting for a Crap, also there was an irritant called Steve Capslock, an even bigger irritant Ostrich Watch, who I am to understand was eventually led into an empty room with a revolver and a bottle of Bells. I met my mistress on it who went by the name Massive Cleavage.
At times I use to think that apart from me there were only about a dozen others all using 3 or 4 different names talking to themselves and each other as one or two still do on this site.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Joined in 2014.  Read both the old version and the new version for years before joining.  Don't remember when I became a mod. 

Seems like there are a lot of members that have moved on sadly.  I miss seeing various members post but understand that things change and people move on. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Mind you I was relieved to see the back of Jack The Ripper and Gestapo.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Can't believe I've be on here for eight years.

Used to be o the old Official site,  which became the original  Cottage Corner - still  accessed through the official club site, when it was suddenly terminated. One day it was there, the next it wasn't. I can't say i was surprised - it was  a disgrace to the club .

So i found FoF - and it's certainly  much, much better.

Don't remember too many gone from here- White Witch, who i remember well from the old  Offal, always liked her posts, and Big Mamma, was that her name? It used to be good to have some female posters.

Also, fondly remember Danny Boi, and the chap he had a podcast with, whose name I can't remember. Nor can i remember the name of the  poster he fell out with, who then left, who knew a lot about Jazz and blues, a lawyer, whose daughter was on Big Brother. My memory for names is terrible. But he was a good poster too, always  had interesting things to say.
Miss the music threads, but there seems little interest now.

Remember Realistic from the old Offal - i often think  a poster currently here is  him. he moaned
all the time, but was just being realistic he claimed. Now he maybe wouldn't seem out of place!

Then there was Ostrich Watch, of course, with his three toilets. He gave the impression he was in the music business, which means he probably wasn't!
And some of the Americans - Clint, Clint Deuce, was that his  name? Liked his posts. And the great HatterDon, of course.

SuffolkWhite

January 2010 I arrived, cant remember if I was on the previous version. Used to be on the offal also. Have met a few from this forum over the years. Travelled to Basel and Hamburg  with VicHalom's love child, have got drunk on several occasions with Leon at games home and away. I'm not one for great debate but I give my two pennies.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

I used to go on the FFC site message board as Fulhamish and was introduced to FOF by my good friend Old Brown Shoe. I am not sure when I began to bore everyone rigid with my offerings but I would not be without it now. This site is the first one I look at every new morn after I have come round and I wonder where I would be without it. Thanks to all who those responsible for keeping the show on the road.  :54: 049:gif 

toshes mate

Got interested in FOF in the Symons era and joined in November 2015. 

FOF's format reminds me of some of the earliest bulletin board systems used when the 'web' was seemingly confined to computer freaks and geeks but was actually full of people with interesting things to say, expertise in hobbies, projects, sources of material, information leading to discovery, and even a whole new world of seemingly taboo subjects.  It was the perfect place for me to learn about building and programming computers, to eventually become a professional hardware designer, programmer in multiple languages, consultant, and pusher of frontiers especially in information technology and making computers more friendly.  Not keen on the age of the likes of Apple, Google and, sadly, eventually Microsoft, etc., modern day social media with its tendency to consensus and control and not to diversity and difference (which was what the web was all about until the control freaks came along).

Will carry on posting here for as long as I am able and I have something to say.  Long live FOF and FFC.

Peabody

bog

Quote from: toshes mate on March 19, 2020, 09:37:16 AM
Got interested in FOF in the Symons era and joined in November 2015. 

FOF's format reminds me of some of the earliest bulletin board systems used when the 'web' was seemingly confined to computer freaks and geeks but was actually full of people with interesting things to say, expertise in hobbies, projects, sources of material, information leading to discovery, and even a whole new world of seemingly taboo subjects.  It was the perfect place for me to learn about building and programming computers, to eventually become a professional hardware designer, programmer in multiple languages, consultant, and pusher of frontiers especially in information technology and making computers more friendly.  Not keen on the age of the likes of Apple, Google and, sadly, eventually Microsoft, etc., modern day social media with its tendency to consensus and control and not to diversity and difference (which was what the web was all about until the control freaks came along).

Will carry on posting here for as long as I am able and I have something to say.  Long live FOF and FFC.

Well is certainly worked for you toshes mate! Will never be anywhere near as fluent as you but totally agree about Apple etc.    :54:

092.gif

Ronnief

Joined the same date as Peabody, 23/1/2010. Only post occasionally but view every day. Used to post about the reserve and under 23 matches but as I've now moved to the South Coast I don't get to see the Under 23's live anymore.  092.gif 092.gif

toshes mate

Bog, your posts are so often much shorter, sweeter, and to the point than my mouthful of words could ever achieve.  You are an example of what I call difference; you communicate exceptionally well and that is a valuable gift no matter how it is done.  We need more people like you on here.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

Quote from: toshes mate on March 19, 2020, 11:43:55 AM
Bog, your posts are so often much shorter, sweeter, and to the point than my mouthful of words could ever achieve.  You are an example of what I call difference; you communicate exceptionally well and that is a valuable gift no matter how it is done.  We need more people like you on here.

Tosh I am more than flattered. We all have our own style, the one thing that unites us all is the love of that little club down by the Thames.  049:gif  :54:

092.gif 

Burt

In answer to your questions:
- Joined 21 January 2010, used to be on the offal (can't remember my user name) and the Voy forum.
- Yes, I'm still here, albeit under the weather in a coronavirus kind of way.
- Yes, I still post. See? :)

Cheers

Burt

bigalffc

Was on the previous FOF site, not sure how long, when did it open? Joined this version at the start at 2010 still occasionally post but read everyday. Many old characters come to mind, mostly friendly postings. Too many on here react unnecessarily nastily to posts they disagree with these days.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

alfie

Pretty much near the start, although in those days I used a different name, as I was working at the club.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Gloria Hunter

Long time reader, but joined only in Jan this year.  I very rarely post but often read. I have to say I'm disappointed at what seems to me to be increasing levels of antagonism, and the pompous attitude of some frequent posters.  Perhaps it's just more noticeable in these days of no football.