https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kasami sacked

Started by sunburywhite, March 20, 2020, 06:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51980881

I cant believe I have beaten WhiteJC to a bit of Fulham related news
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Milo

Eh? What! How is that grounds for dismissal?

Morally wrong but legally?

Southcoastffc

The Swiss Players Union, the SAFP, has protested the dismissals, calling them unfair, while the players are reported to be seeking legal advice.

The SAFP wrote: "You have terminated the employment contracts of the players without notice by letter dated 18 March 2020. We hereby expressly protest against this termination without notice."

The letter, issued to the Swiss club, adds: "We therefore expect you to withdraw these abusive terminations immediately and to enter into discussions on possible alternatives."

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Motspur Park

Nothing to do with the thread but I went to see a friendly between Sion and Stoke a few years ago when Pullis was the manager. Crouch was there and all the rest of the thugs. They were all playing 20 minute stints as it was their first pre-season friendly. They had already done mountain running in the morning followed by a further training session before the game and a further mountain run planned the following morning before flying home. Pullis treated the game as if his life depended on it. As much as I admire the attitude I can't stand the man and would have stayed away if he had ever managed us.

filham

We are living through conditions never before experienced, surely players and clubs can see reason and be prepared to compromise on all sorts of issues.
In the coming months there are going to be a lot of people suffering more than overpaid footballers.

Woolly Mammoth

These players live in cloud cuckoo land, which is a consequence of being over indulged over a period of time  by clubs and media, especially sky who seem to worship anyone who once wore a jockstrap and a pair of shin pads. 
These players are not as important as they think they are, they are employees not Gods, and there was always that thought that this honeymoon of players earning fortunes for loafing around on training grounds scratching their nether regions was never going to last for ever, and this business has actually accelerated this probability, and this will ensure that football as it is will never be the same, because big girls blouses pretending to be injured and diving and rolling around trying to get opponents booked and sent off with imaginary cards and earning a fortune whilst doing it, is not entertainment it is cheating. How many times do you see players being tackled cleanly and instead of getting up and carrying on, they roll around looking at the ref to give a free kick that never happens. 
It has no longer been the beautiful game since the Premier League commenced in the 90s with overseas players and coaches bringing in these bad habits and cheating from the 1st minute to the last minute at all costs, in the end after all these years when the FA and media put up with it due to the sponsorship money came into the game for certain big clubs to reap the benefits to ensure that the Premier League is an unfair playing field.
How boring is that, plus the cheating and pretending their hurt is a disease that was eating football from the inside and this coronavirus is another disease eating football from the outside, perhaps nature is more powerful than we think.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2020, 10:08:09 PM
These players live in cloud cuckoo land, which is a consequence of being over indulged over a period of time  by clubs and media, especially sky who seem to worship anyone who once wore a jockstrap and a pair of shin pads. 
I haven´t had a mention in years!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

love4ffc

Quote from: filham on March 20, 2020, 10:00:48 PM
We are living through conditions never before experienced, surely players and clubs can see reason and be prepared to compromise on all sorts of issues.
In the coming months there are going to be a lot of people suffering more than overpaid footballers.
This exactly  0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

davew

Quote from: love4ffc on March 20, 2020, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: filham on March 20, 2020, 10:00:48 PM
This exactly  0001.jpeg
+1, but that has been the case long before this virus kicked in!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 20, 2020, 10:12:32 PM
I haven´t had a mention in years!!

It's that White Horse Oils you used, these days players wear after shave in case they are interviewed by some over excited high pitched voice female interviewer.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

When authorities determine to shut their businesses down to protect their assets from threats then they must surely have a plan about how their employees are to be dealt with for the duration.  Forget the circumstances because in another parallel universe the same set of circumstances was probably navigated with ease and absolutely no panic, just consider what 'i's' needed dotting and what 't's' needed crossing when an authority makes a decision. 

I really wish we had some clear thinkers running these 'shows' (or, in reality, not running any 'shows').   All they're doing is pushing buttons randomly in the hope that one day they'll find the right one, and we all know where that leads.

bobbo

These players are not as important as they think they are, they are employees not Gods, and there was always that thought that this honeymoon of players earning fortunes for loafing around on training grounds scratching their nether regions was never going to last for ever, and this business has actually accelerated this probability, and this will ensure that football as it is will never be the same, because big girls blouses pretending to be injured and diving and rolling around trying to get opponents booked and sent off with imaginary cards and earning a fortune whilst doing it, is not entertainment it is cheating. How many times do you see players being tackled cleanly and instead of getting up and carrying on, they roll around looking at the ref to give a free kick that never happens. 
It has no longer been the beautiful game since the Premier League commenced in the 90s with overseas players and coaches bringing in these bad habits and cheating from the 1st minute to the last minute at all costs, in the end after all these years when the FA and media put up with it due to the sponsorship money came into the game for certain big clubs to reap the benefits to ensure that the Premier League is an unfair playing field.
How boring is that, plus the cheating and pretending their hurt is a disease that was eating football from the inside and this coronavirus is another disease eating football from the outside, perhaps nature is more powerful than we think.   
Woolly , i and I think most on here are singing from the same hymn sheet as you.
1975 just leaving home full of hope