AnOldBrownie

October 25th 2003...at Old Trafford. 

:Haynes The Maestro:

An amazing win.

[youtube width=600] https://youtu.be/rgGcHRNbr-c[/youtube]

That Inamoto goal was magical.

Remember October 03'.

David Allen Crankshaw

A fantastic match. I was at the game and we completely outplayed them. I haven't been to Old Trafford since that day.

bog

I was at that game. What a day. I have the DVD and towards the end the commentator says 'Fulham are toying with United....' :clap_hands: :yay:

I managed to get on the 5 phone in after and was on for about 15 minutes going mad!!!

092.gif

AnOldBrownie

At the time United were the hottest team in the league. To be fair...at the time Fulham were 6th.

While the win against Juventus in the Europa league is probably Fulhams biggest, imo this was the more impressive win.  Juventus lost playing with 10 men at Craven Cottage.  The 03 team beat an in form United, on the road...when they had a young Christiano Ronaldo playing for them.

Big win.

Volz did a really good job against Ronaldo.  Got sir Alex to pull him for Scholes even though United were chasing the game with 30 minutes to go.

mrmicawbers

bog

Saha ran them ragged that day and come January he was gone. Pembridge hit the bar with rocket shot at 0-1 G Neville got away with blatant push on Boa in the area. Brilliant day, I framed my ticket, still on display until this day.

092.gif

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bog on April 13, 2020, 03:22:53 PM
Saha ran them ragged that day and come January he was gone. Pembridge hit the bar with rocket shot at 0-1 G Neville got away with blatant push on Boa in the area.

092.gif

After watching the game...Saha didn't impress me. Worked a lot...but he looked easy for United to mark.

The Neville bump would have been a soft pen imo.  Fulham worked for all 3 of their goals.

bog

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on April 13, 2020, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: bog on April 13, 2020, 03:22:53 PM
Saha ran them ragged that day and come January he was gone. Pembridge hit the bar with rocket shot at 0-1 G Neville got away with blatant push on Boa in the area.

092.gif

After watching the game...Saha didn't impress me. Worked a lot...but he looked easy for United to mark.

The Neville bump would have been a soft pen imo.  Fulham worked for all 3 of their goals.

We agree to disagree. Ferguson was so impressed with Saha's pace he wanted him. That pen would have been given if the other way round. All 3 goals were well worked as you say.

LittleErn

Was Forlan the guy that scored the winner against us in the Europa final?

Steeeeeeeeeed

Malbranque had such potential, I thought he was going to be a world star.

bog

Bill2

I was on a day trip to France with friends, put on the radio on to hear the results, went potty when I heard the score.

Jurassic Parker

7 years or so later that same Diego Forlan would put two past us to win the Europa League