watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Patrick Roberts ..

Started by howitis, April 17, 2020, 06:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Celtic have approached Manchester City about re-signing English winger Patrick Roberts for £3m. The 23-year-old, on loan at Middlesbrough, previously spent two seasons on loan at Celtic.

Seems a steal at that price. Still think he has lots to offer.

sunburywhite

Indeed

We need a programme seller at the entrance to Bishops Park
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

BestOfBrede

No, no, no, more importantly there's  a real requirement for a bog cleaner at the Golden Lion!

filham

I liked him a lot, thought he would have done better than he has .

gang

SP

Didn't he play against us earlier this season?  Didn't do anything if I recall correctly.

res

Quote from: SP on April 17, 2020, 10:35:32 PM
Didn't he play against us earlier this season?  Didn't do anything if I recall correctly.

Yes he did. a couple of mazy runs but apart from that did little. Still time for him to develop but yet another example of someone (or his agent) being "bigged" up too early for short term gains at the disbenefit of the longer term. Great shame as he was a talent but that's stalled at best, gone down in reality. Ryan S clearly not making the same mistake.

Count Flapula

Naturally very talented but like Kerim Frei was SO 2 dimensional as he ALWAYS needed to cut inside. Every. Single. Time.

No matter how skilful you are, if you always want to cut inside then defenders will easily read you and know how to keep you quiet. Amazing how much it limits very skilful players who don't break out of the habit. Must admit I haven't seen too much of him since he left us (only the odd game here and there), but like Frei, his stalling career would maybe indicate he hasn't learned to add the variety to his game to progress.

Carborundum

If a former employer wants him back, that's a high professional compliment.  For a disjointed Middlesborough this season the word I'd use to describe him is "stranded". It was like he had 10 teammates saying "Go on mate, you have the ball now impress us".  Not how to win a game of football.

Count Flapula

Quote from: Carborundum on April 18, 2020, 10:15:50 AM
If a former employer wants him back, that's a high professional compliment.  For a disjointed Middlesborough this season the word I'd use to describe him is "stranded". It was like he had 10 teammates saying "Go on mate, you have the ball now impress us".  Not how to win a game of football.

He had a half decent spell at Celtic - I could have a half decent spell at Celtic.

If you look at his stats that season he bagged a few goals but wasn't a nailed on starter.

Everywhere else he has been a flop.

Not saying he doesn't have talent - he clearly does - but unsure he has the mentality to progress and fulfill his early promise. We absolutely came off best in his sale as we bought Cairney with a mere portion of that money. I wish him all the best and hope he proves me wrong though.

bobbo

Quote from: Count Flapula on April 18, 2020, 09:36:10 AM
Naturally very talented but like Kerim Frei was SO 2 dimensional as he ALWAYS needed to cut inside. Every. Single. Time.

No matter how skilful you are, if you always want to cut inside then defenders will easily read you and know how to keep you quiet. Amazing how much it limits very skilful players who don't break out of the habit. Must admit I haven't seen too much of him since he left us (only the odd game here and there), but like Frei, his stalling career would maybe indicate he hasn't learned to add the variety to his game to progress.
Knockheart does that also , always cuts inside whichever wing he's on. Predictable.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ALG01

roberst played against us and I did not realise until afterwards somebody told me. he was totally anonymous. he shoud have stayed here and developed his craft before moving on. waste of talent.

FFC1987

I actually though he looked good in spells when running at us when we played. I wouldn't want him back to be honest but worse things have happened.

Fulham 442

Apparently his mother was the main instigator regarding his leaving. I think he should have stayed but understand why they were keen for a move. I wish him well but don't want him back.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: bobbo on April 18, 2020, 02:46:14 PM

Knockheart does that also , always cuts inside whichever wing he's on. Predictable.
Well said guys.
Some players seem to have so much talent, but continue to make the wrong on field decisions.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 19, 2020, 09:12:02 PM
Quote from: bobbo on April 18, 2020, 02:46:14 PM

Well said guys.
Some players seem to have so much talent, but continue to make the wrong on field decisions.
Good example of a Fulham player not cutting inside (Towards the end of the video).