watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am just guessing

Started by Peabody, April 20, 2020, 11:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

When the lockdown is lifted and football begins to play in front of crowds again, it is going to be played in front of lower crowds. Why?  because the lift is going to be gradual, youngest and finest first, vulnerable and  oldest last. As I say, I am only guessing but can anyone see another scenario?

WhiteJC

I would imagine that "large" crowds won't be allowed until all restrictions are lifted

so QPR & Brentford will be allowed to start next week  064.gif

Holders

Who knows, Mr. Peabody?

Whether the lockdown is relaxed in that way, regionally or sectorially is one question, another would be whether many older or more vulnerable people would be minded not to go to matches for quite some time yet, whilst a minority might be confident in doing so.

So many things to be decided - when and how this season finishes, when the next one starts, BCD or not, the financial consequences etc etc. Personally, I think the latter will have a major bearing, particularly for clubs in a less favourable position than we are.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

jarv

Mr. Holders, good comment. The financial aspects is not just about football. Many on here are probably affected and cost of going to games could be a factor. Personally, I have my own business (seasonal) and my prediction is I will be 75% down on the year. Don't get me wrong, the business does not make a lot to begin with.

This could be a big wake up call for football and the silly money that has been sloshing around for years.

filham

We have no idea how the Lockdown will be ended.
I am plugging for an early start limited to over 70 year old season ticket holders carefully spread around the ground at safe distances.
Of course I am being totally selfish.

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on April 20, 2020, 12:33:41 PM
Mr. Holders, good comment. The financial aspects is not just about football. Many on here are probably affected and cost of going to games could be a factor. Personally, I have my own business (seasonal) and my prediction is I will be 75% down on the year. Don't get me wrong, the business does not make a lot to begin with.

This could be a big wake up call for football and the silly money that has been sloshing around for years.
or not, because less people at games surely means more people watching games on telly. Which in turn means more tv revenue
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on April 20, 2020, 12:43:31 PM
Quote from: jarv on April 20, 2020, 12:33:41 PM

or not, because less people at games surely means more people watching games on telly. Which in turn means more tv revenue

It's a big question and may cause some real rebalancing, perhaps widen the gap between the PL and the Championship if some of the suggestions about pay caps have any truth to them.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I have never known the basis of the claim but I have read before that Fulham has an older fan base than many other clubs. As a 79 year old I know that I play my part in pushing the average age up! There has been much speculation as to how the lifting of the lock down will be phased but I cannot see how anyone over 70 should consider travelling by public transport and then sitting in a public area while there is any danger of infection. Even if I was tempted my wife would ban me!

Oakeshott

"travelling by public transport"

That is going to be a huge factor in "unlocking". Social distancing on the tube could presumably only be done by severe restrictions on numbers allowed on. Being within walking distance of the Cottage may in practice determine who gets to see the side "live".

Holders

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 20, 2020, 01:10:20 PM
I have never known the basis of the claim but I have read before that Fulham has an older fan base than many other clubs. As a 79 year old I know that I play my part in pushing the average age up! There has been much speculation as to how the lifting of the lock down will be phased but I cannot see how anyone over 70 should consider travelling by public transport and then sitting in a public area while there is any danger of infection. Even if I was tempted my wife would ban me!

I believe that may stem from the fact that we had a good 1st division fanbase in the 60s which grew older through the doldrum years when we attracted few newer fans so our fanbase now reflects that, along with newer (younger) fans attracted by more recent relative success. So the average is still higher than some others.

mrmicawbers

My firm based in Manchester and a fabric wholesaler has been closed for a month at head office.The directors have been coming in and supplying companies who in turn supply the NHS.
We are reopening tomorrow after a month with a limited number of people coming back in.We have been inundated with enquiries from existing customers who have been asked to start PPE production.These are people like Sailmakers and other companies who have spare capacity. The only problem is finding the fabric which is unfortunately not produced in the UK.You would think colour wouldn't be a problem if your desperate but it seems it is which is crazy.I'm hoping this is the gradual start of returning to some sort of normality.

mrmicawbers

My firm based in Manchester and a fabric wholesaler has been closed for a month at head office.The directors have been coming in and supplying companies who in turn supply the NHS.
We are reopening tomorrow after a month with a limited number of people coming back in.We have been inundated with enquiries from existing customers who have been asked to start PPE production.These are people like Sailmakers and other companies who have spare capacity. The only problem is finding the fabric which is unfortunately not produced in the UK.You would think colour wouldn't be a problem if your desperate but it seems it is which is crazy.I'm Hoping this is a small step to getting slowly back to a Resemblance of normality.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Holders on April 20, 2020, 01:51:50 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 20, 2020, 01:10:20 PM

I believe that may stem from the fact that we had a good 1st division fanbase in the 60s which grew older through the doldrum years when we attracted few newer fans so our fanbase now reflects that, along with newer (younger) fans attracted by more recent relative success. So the average is still higher than some others.
Great summing up Holders.