watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great game on FFC site tonight

Started by Southcoastffc, April 22, 2020, 02:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

When we ground-shared at Loftus Road, we had an absolute cracker of a game with Spurs.  I was lucky enough to be there and it's one of those games that 18 years later stays burned into my memory.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/17/tottenham-hotspur-relived
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ALG01

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 22, 2020, 02:53:57 PM
When we ground-shared at Loftus Road, we had an absolute cracker of a game with Spurs.  I was lucky enough to be there and it's one of those games that 18 years later stays burned into my memory.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/april/17/tottenham-hotspur-relived

It was truly a memorable game and I cannot wait to see it in full again.

bill taylors apprentice

I watched highlights of this game on youtube not long ago and its a cracking game.

Burt

I was there, the second half performance was one of the best sustained periods of attacking football against a top 6 side I have ever seen from us in the premier league. At half time Spurs were giving it large as they were top of the league. When Leggy scored the winner deep in to injury time the place went mental. 

Stoneleigh Loyalist

What a team  we had at that time with the ability to take off Boa Morte and put on  Malbranque.
I was there and it truly was a classic.

Fernhurst

WoW 😮 what a game, quite breathless.
Points from the game:
No wonder the Slimy Levy came in for (and succeeded) in crowbarring Malbranque and Davis away.
Simon Davies and Kasy Keller both had good games.
Bet Sheringham is still moaning.
Forgotten all about Womack, what a red card challenge that was!
Loved the winning goal, do hope Sylvan has stopped that 20 a day habit.
Has Stevie Finnan still got his boots? Terrific player.
We were so close to having a top 6 side. Blinking and swallowing watching our keeper of 4 seasons. EDVS -We were so lucky.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitesideup

Great game. Second half performance was just sublime. Also reminded what a useless ref Halsey was.

OtherHodgson

Fabulous match. This was a couple of years before I found and fell in love with Fulham.  But after being a daily reader on here for years and coming over for matches many times I knew almost all of the player names and loved getting to see a full match. How fun Boa was to watch!  Hope the club shows some more from that era.

COYW!

Teddymaybank

A great game, especially when you attend the game with a friend who was a Spurs supporter. At half time he was really enjoying giving me some stick. At full time it was such a different story. Really enjoyed the journey home with my friend.

sarnian

How football changes. The game was so frenetic, the passing was so much quicker, end to end because teams were losing possession so often, constant lond balls being pumped forward.

Today football across the board is about retaining possession and the build up is far far slower.

Southcoastffc

I'd forgotten that Spurs were top of the league then.  Interesting to see how good Simon Davies was in that game, Keller likewise. But what character, fight and determination we had to allow the talent to show through. A bit more of those attributes these days wouldn't go amiss.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

domprague

Spoiler alert.

Quote from: Burt on April 22, 2020, 06:24:20 PM
I was there, the second half performance was one of the best sustained periods of attacking football against a top 6 side I have ever seen from us in the premier league. At half time Spurs were giving it large as they were top of the league. When Leggy scored the winner deep in to injury time the place went mental. 
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

bencher

Quote from: sarnian on April 23, 2020, 09:29:28 AM
How football changes. The game was so frenetic, the passing was so much quicker, end to end because teams were losing possession so often, constant lond balls being pumped forward.

Today football across the board is about retaining possession and the build up is far far slower.

Exactly my thoughts while watching this re-run. Terrific entertainment.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: bencher on April 23, 2020, 02:50:28 PM
Quote from: sarnian on April 23, 2020, 09:29:28 AM

Exactly my thoughts while watching this re-run. Terrific entertainment.
✔✔

SP

Brilliant to see this again & a bonus that Ive just seen our little group in the crowd.

AnOldBrownie

I owe Saha an apology.   

082.gif

bobbo

Just watched the game today (Friday) but I was there that evening. What struck me most besides what's already been said was how well zat knight played I never saw him put a foot wrong.
He got his fair share of criticism over the years , including from me, but he played so well in that game.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

sarnian

The game brought back memories of another Spurs game at the Cottage.

Martin Jol then  at Spurs  showed his tactical nous ( NOT) by substituting two Spurs forwards while
3 - 1 up leaving them with no out ball and we scored 2 late goals to equalise. Great entertainment but always baffled by why we ever appointed Jol manager.

ffcne

We had some terrific games and results at Loftus Rd.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sarnian on April 25, 2020, 09:41:06 AM
The game brought back memories of another Spurs game at the Cottage.

Martin Jol then  at Spurs  showed his tactical nous ( NOT) by substituting two Spurs forwards while
3 - 1 up leaving them with no out ball and we scored 2 late goals to equalise. Great entertainment but always baffled by why we ever appointed Jol manager.

I think Jol was as baffled as the rest of us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.