watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Some good stuff here, Bobbo. I suspect that most of today's offerings won't be remembered 40+ years later like many of these.

Here's "The Girl from the Hiring Fair" by Ralph McTell. He's well-know for another song that's been played to destruction but this is far better in my view. Fairport also do it but you can't beat the original:

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dodgin

Great choice Holders, lovely song a folkies favourite.

Dodgin

My Favourite country singer from his best album Down and Dirty. 

bobbo

Dodgin,holders , l like yer choices keep it going gang.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

RaySmith

A bit of advice from Richard Thompson for all those going shopping today -

Bob Dylan has an album of new material released this week, his first for about  8 years.

This song is from the album that first turned me on to Dylan The Times They Are A'Changing, which still seems very  relevant- a Tulse hill comp  schoolmate said 'you've got to here this bloke', and we sat on the floor in of one of the listening booths in  WH Smiths , Streatham High Road, and i was completely amazed by what i heard, going into  my local  record shop   days later and asking for the record by Bob Dielon.

Bob and Richard together -love this cover of a Rye Cooder song, find it moving, even if Dylan does look a bit under the weather -

WhiteJC

Carpenters - rainy days and Mondays

RaySmith

Beautiful.

I raise a metaphorical glass to Karen Carpenter - this song seems very poignant in the light of what happened to her. She was so talented, and her premature  loss, so sad.

sidanddoris

WhiteJC

Evanescence - Cruel summer

Robben Ford & Larry Carlton - talk to your daughter

Tom Petty - the Last DJ

Dodgin

There are great country guitar pickers and then there is Albert Lee. The Yanks love him. Country Boy.

RaySmith

We've all been here haven't we, especially after Fulham have been hammered, or even if they won!

Unreleased Neil Young album from the 70's released today, Homegrown - this is on it

RaySmith

Sidanddoris - Brillaint! Freddie King is a blues great. I saw him at the Garden Party, Crystal Palace Bowl in the 70's, he and Eric Clapton were on stage together.

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/crystal-1976.html

I was on the cover of Sounds  music magazine, in the water in front of the stage!

WhiteJC

Michael McDonald - what a fool believes

Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom

Status Quo - whatever you want

bobbo

I've been asleep , not really just been busy, great Neil young tracks ray, I love em. also evanescence john , never heard of em but i like it.

I'll get something on here before the evenings out.

G_Gribby

Or the "evening jazz" track at Spotify
Or The Jam

Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

RaySmith

Quote from: bobbo on June 26, 2020, 05:45:28 PM
I've been asleep , not really just been busy, great Neil young tracks ray, I love em. also evanescence john , never heard of em but i like it.

I'll get something on here before the evenings out.

Glad you liked it Bobbo. It was  year ago now that i managed to see Neil Young in Ireland, with Bob Dylan - he was absolutely brilliant.

bobbo

couldnt resist a bit of JT live

RaySmith

Great stuff bobbo - I think you'll appreciate this.

Another great West coast singer/songwriter-

A bit of poetry-

WhiteJC

I think I may have put this one on before, but it merits another listen as it's my favourite James Taylor song...

WhiteJC

over my morning coffee I suddenly thought "Roger Daltrey"

so if you're reading this Ed these are for you  :54:

Roger Daltrey - say it ain't so Joe
This line-up includes Keith Moon and Jimmy MacCulloch (Wings, Thunderclap Newman, Stone the Crows) covering Murray Head's say it ain't so

Roger Daltrey - under a raging moon
Drummers in order of play...
Martin Chambers (the Pretenders)
Roger Taylor (Queen)
Cozy Powell (Whitesnake, ELP, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Jeff Beck)
Stewart Copeland (the Police)
Zak Starkey (the Who, Lightening Seeds, Oasis, the Waterboys, the Icicle Works)
Carl Palmer (ELP, Asia)
Mark Brzezicki (Procul Harem, Ultravox, the Cult, Big Country)