watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

OK, it's not Friday night but I just came across this and thought it would be nice to share it among you aficionados.

I'm not terribly familiar with the original but it's very Spanish in style and the girl seems to have a Spanish name...

Anyway:

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WhiteJC

Quantum Jump - the Lone Ranger

M - Pop Muzik

Split Endz - I got you

akf

It takes just a tiny leap to associate the lover in this Bill Withers classic with Fulham. The euphoria you feel with success is juxtaposed against everything else Fulhamish

ALG01

Quote from: akf on February 26, 2021, 03:11:22 PM
It takes just a tiny leap to associate the lover in this Bill Withers classic with Fulham. The euphoria you feel with success is juxtaposed against everything else Fulhamish

I love this. I fierst heard it on the Lean on Me album I think when that first came out. Bill Withers is one of the great underated stars. I was so sorry when he recently passed.

Another great track on that album was who is he and what is he to you. just saying.

fred wesly does a great cover version of use me. I will see if I can find it on line and post here.

Lighthouse

I actually paid and got up to watch a live on line concert from Band- Maid from Japan a few weeks ago. This song proves that they are more than capable of doing soft ballads as well as the best rock songs. When Jimmy Page tells Arkane (the drummer) that she is one of the best drummers he has ever heard you know they have quality.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

if I haven't suggested this before I'd be surprised however here's a "live" version of Foo Fighters - waiting on a war.

one of the best concerts I've attended, and Mr Clapton turning up was a surprise and very special.
Joe Bonamassa & Eric Clapton - Further on up the road

bobbo

A little ole number about the 60's music scene un the US

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Barrett487

RIP Chris Barber

WhiteJC

Lindisfarne - meet me on the corner

Fleetwood Mac - the chain

Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue

Barrett487

Barrett487

Quote from: whitejc on March 12, 2021, 06:11:45 PM
Lindisfarne - meet me on the corner

That's quite spooky John... i searched for, and played, this exact clip last night

Steeeeeeeeeed

Nirvana - School

Been having a bit of a Nirvana week. I was never a big fan, as I was a fan of The Pixies and felt that Nirvana came along and stole their thunder really... But this is a good time for the week with kids going back to school 😁.
It's more about the story of the band that I have been into this week...Courtney definitely is 'suspcious", as well as Allen Wrench , etc.

bobbo

Amy winehouse this week . What a loss she was soo good and getting better . Poor girl such a talent , took the wrong turning.

Barrett487

The Pretty Reckless

HV71

Kraftwerk

RaySmith

That's a coincidence Bobbo - I'd been thinking of Amy myself. Since watching the doc Amy, directed by Asif Kapardia, I have  been  feeling angry and upset at the  shocking way those around her, meant to be helping her, exploited her to make  money for them, even when she was obviously unwell and needed treatment, and  didn't want to perform.

The way the press and  talk show comperes and comedians  spoke about her troubles , to sell papers, and for a cheap laugh, was also disgusting, seen now, in hindsight.
Here in a great performance with Paul Weller -

The Waterboys

The Cowboy Junkies

Steeeeeeeeeed

With regards to Amy Winehouse's, it's almost 10 years since she passed away (23rd July 2011).

Very sad, probably the biggest talent this country produced this century music wise, I would say I definitely grew to appreciate her talent much more in the years that passed since.

The place she is buried is next to a big field full of horses, about a mile north of Edgware, and I remember her looking really happy riding horses on a beach in Jamaica I think...so like to think of her doing the same now.

Very sad, a great loss X

bobbo

Well posted ray and steeeeeeed. Rayyouposted 3 Jems mate , and you thought you were running out of ammo , there's oceans of it out there past and present I look forward to trying it all out sometimes like today Ona Saturday morning.
Keep it up everyone. Yet again big thanks to John for the updates.

WhiteJC

I know its not Friday but I just found this...

my favourite Stevie Wonder song given the playing for change treatment

Logicalman

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on March 12, 2021, 11:26:26 PM
With regards to Amy Winehouse's, it's almost 10 years since she passed away (23rd July 2011).

Very sad, probably the biggest talent this country produced this century music wise, I would say I definitely grew to appreciate her talent much more in the years that passed since.

The place she is buried is next to a big field full of horses, about a mile north of Edgware, and I remember her looking really happy riding horses on a beach in Jamaica I think...so like to think of her doing the same now.

Very sad, a great loss X

Thank you RaySmith and Steeeeeeeeeed, I will admit, I have to be the only person here who has never heard AW sing at all. I've heard of her, obviously, but never sat down and listened to her. I was pretty impressed with that vid of her with Paul Weller (not THAT's a singer I have heard a lot from back in the early Jam days - then again, his just a couple of months older than I).

What would be a good album to start me off with my AW education then?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.