watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The plan for Craven Cottage

Started by FulhamStu, April 29, 2020, 07:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF_Fulham

I'm sorry, but you shouldn't need away fans in close proximity to create an atmosphere. The issue is getting behind your club and supporting them.

Whilst yes, having away fans closer to a more hardcore element will create a bit more noise, as the friendly exchanges of banter increase. However the focus should be elsewhere, mainly on the 11 chaps in black and white!

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Forever Fulham on April 29, 2020, 05:28:35 PM
I wonder how much further along we would we be by now towards a remodeled stadium with shops and restaurants and points of interest, gathering places et al. if we had managed to stay up and not get relegated.  I haven't been to Jacksonville, Florida's NFL football stadium.  But I've read articles and looked at some photos online.  Pretty impressive.   Seems like a difficult task retaining the quaintness and sense of history that is Craven Cottage while modernising for comfort and convenience, divertissements, satellite support businesses, more seats, and more comfortable ones at that.  Architects with grand dreams inevitably build replacement stadiums with fans having to sit further from the field.  I love how close I can sit to the action now.  The distance from sideline to first row is remarkable in today's age.
Quote from: Forever Fulham on April 29, 2020, 05:28:35 PM
I wonder how much further along we would we be by now towards a remodeled stadium with shops and restaurants and points of interest, gathering places et al. if we had managed to stay up and not get relegated.  I haven't been to Jacksonville, Florida's NFL football stadium.  But I've read articles and looked at some photos online.  Pretty impressive.   Seems like a difficult task retaining the quaintness and sense of history that is Craven Cottage while modernising for comfort and convenience, divertissements, satellite support businesses, more seats, and more comfortable ones at that.  Architects with grand dreams inevitably build replacement stadiums with fans having to sit further from the field.  I love how close I can sit to the action now.  The distance from sideline to first row is remarkable in today's age.
Slightly deviating from the O P, regarding the other outlets, businesses that are planned for  the  site/pier, I just hope that the British climate and underwhelming  transport links do not  undermine the project.