watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Price Fot A Fulham TV match

Started by filham, May 01, 2020, 11:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

It is becoming clear that we are not going to see a match at the Cottage for a very long time . Getting out of Lockdown will need to be gradual and crowds of some 20,00o or so people at a football match would be too great a risk.
However a behind closed gates match is a possibility and may be considered a way to play our remaining nine games of the season.
If this were to happen then surely live coverage of each of our games on FFCtv could become available.

What fee to view these games would you be prepared to pay.

Bearing in mind the money the club is losing in admission charges I would be happy to pay the full ground admission charge.

Ronnief

Would you pay the fee for a premium seat on the Riverside or a restricted view seat in the Hammy end? Personally a small fee per match would be appropriate but paying £30 to £40 per match would be too much.

Fulham 442

It depends on the picture quality as it isn't always the best but I wouldn't be prepared to pay full price anyway.  It is hard to say what would be fair bearing in mind all the revenue the club is missing from ticket sales but I would expect to pay more than the £5 I was paying for games before lockdown, as I am now overseas.  I was quite happy to keep paying my FFCtv subs every month as a donation but as we all know the club has frozen them.

Southcoastffc

As above, what is "full price"?  Single match ticket prices can vary enormously and have attracted criticism this season. Factor in juniors, oaps, different stands, ffctv pricing and you'll see the need to take a step back and come up with a figure which we might not immediately recognise.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Logicalman

If FFCTv were to start charging Full Ticket Price (no matter what level we are talking about) across the board they will instantly lose overseas customers as they price themselves out of the market, and may not retrieve those after things return somewhat to 'normal'.
As such, I can see that they may implement a dual-tier system, whereby matches shown in the UK/Ireland may be charged at a premium rate as leave the current subscription the same for those current (overseas) subscribers. Not difficult to implement as they already have a similar system based on IP addresses on many host platforms.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Andy S

As I've already paid for a season ticket I would expect it to be free

filham

Quote from: Andy S on May 01, 2020, 06:38:14 PM
Yes I too have a season ticket and would therefore feel entitled to see the remaining four home games on TV for free but would be prepared to  put my hand deeply into my pocket for the five away matches which could also be made available.The thought of nine matches live on TV with Gentleman Jim commentating is quite exciting.

Whitesideup

Exactly this.

filham

Quote from: Whitesideup on May 03, 2020, 11:10:27 AM
Exactly this.
Start thinking of those key away matches at Leeds, Forrest and West Brom.

Twig

Either refund my season ticket pro rata and then charge per televised match (subject to transmission quality I'd say £25 was fair). Or no ST refund and give me access to the remaining home games live on air.

David Allen Crankshaw

As a season ticketholder I would expect matches to be available free for home games but I would be happy to pay £30 to watch any away fixture.
For someone who pays £60 to travel down to The Cottage for each home match this would be quite good deal for me.

Arthur

Quote from: Logicalman on May 01, 2020, 04:14:13 PM
If FFCTv were to start charging Full Ticket Price (no matter what level we are talking about) across the board they will instantly lose overseas customers as they price themselves out of the market, and may not retrieve those after things return somewhat to 'normal'.

I think the Club would find that many potential viewers in the U.K. would think twice. Then again, what the optimum price might be to maximise the Club's income (if that were to be its primary objective), I have no idea.

As such, I can see that they may implement a dual-tier system, whereby matches shown in the UK/Ireland may be charged at a premium rate as leave the current subscription the same for those current (overseas) subscribers.

Seeing as the usual arguments regarding the detrimental effect of televised football on matchday attendances are not now an issue, I would expect there to be a uniform fee. In the current circumstances, I don't see what difference it makes whether I'm watching from the U.K., the U.S., Spain, Australia or wherever.

Logicalman

Quote from: Arthur on May 04, 2020, 12:40:01 AM

I think the Club would find that many potential viewers in the U.K. would think twice. Then again, what the optimum price might be to maximise the Club's income (if that were to be its primary objective), I have no idea.

As such, I can see that they may implement a dual-tier system, whereby matches shown in the UK/Ireland may be charged at a premium rate as leave the current subscription the same for those current (overseas) subscribers.

Seeing as the usual arguments regarding the detrimental effect of televised football on matchday attendances are not now an issue, I would expect there to be a uniform fee. In the current circumstances, I don't see what difference it makes whether I'm watching from the U.K., the U.S., Spain, Australia or wherever.

I quite see your point there in the latter item. Given the current circumstances  then there is no actual difference, as you rightly point out.

As for the comments regarding season tickets, again, if the club are not willing to compensate those ST holders for the games they cannot possible attend, then they should have a free pass to ALL the games.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.